PDA

View Full Version : scraped hair

filip
July 26th, 2021, 09:24 AM
I was trying on a shirt and it had the tag still on it, and the cardboard was very sharp for cardboard, I noticed it scrape a long my hair and scalp. It has stopped to hurt now, but do you think it damaged my hair?

I'm sorry for all the questions I'm just getting a lot of anxiety.

bparnell75
July 26th, 2021, 10:14 AM
Hair is very resilient. it will recover. don't worry too much.

enting
July 26th, 2021, 10:32 AM
Your hair is going to be all right. I totally get having anxiety over everything. The absolute worst case scenario is that some of those hairs might be a smidge more fragile down the line, depending on how your hair reacts to getting scraped. And in that absolute worst case scenario which may not even be the case, the number of hairs that got scraped will not be detectable among your other hairs, most likely.
Stressing over the hair may be a bigger source of hair loss than any brief scrape would. Just take care of your scalp and hair as best you can (sorry you got hurt!), and try not to worry over it too much. Maybe check it in a few months and see how it's held up, nothing is really going to change overnight if it hasn't already :flower:

blackgothicdoll
July 26th, 2021, 04:09 PM
All of your posts are like this. This level of obsession/fret is unhealthy. If you can't go through typical day-to-day motions without worrying about your hair (or anything really) at such a severe level, it may be time to focus on other things.

Kathie
July 26th, 2021, 04:43 PM
I agree, seeing your previous posts you are rather anxious about your hair and there have been a few minor hair mishaps recently. Do you wear your hair in protective styles? If not, it may be time to start.

Glitch
July 26th, 2021, 04:56 PM
I've slammed car doors on my open hair before! It'll be alright :) Even if the cardboard did slightly damage your hair, I'm sure it won't impact it overall. Try not to hone in too much into these day to day casual mishaps, as this is just apart of life :flower:

illicitlizard
July 26th, 2021, 08:47 PM
All of your posts are like this. This level of obsession/fret is unhealthy. If you can't go through typical day-to-day motions without worrying about your hair (or anything really) at such a severe level, it may be time to focus on other things.

Completely agree with this, if it's impacting your daily function like this on a regular basis it might be time to seek help for your anxiety issues.

Laurab
July 26th, 2021, 11:33 PM
You'll be fine!

Good hair care is not about perfection 24/7. A lot of people like doing extra special things for their hair care because it makes them happier, but extreme measures aren't necessary for long, pretty hair. Your hair will not fall out if you look at it wrong lol.
Ever heard that saying "A watched pot never boils" ?
The same can apply to hair, if you fuss over it too much you won't ever notice it growing. Try to let it go from your mind a little, it'll grow faster than you realize!

lapushka
July 27th, 2021, 07:36 AM

Yeah, it's starting to become very noticeable. Ever since the very 1st post. :hmm:

I have tried a friendly nudge into more positive inbetween posting, but... well, that didn't do much.