PDA

View Full Version : What are some alternatives to shampoo?

fairylamb
July 13th, 2021, 04:53 AM
What are some alternatives to shampoo? I have done ACV rinses before but I'm wondering if there are other options.

sipnsun
July 13th, 2021, 05:00 AM
Herbal shampoos are great, I use a mixture of Shikakai, Reetha, Amla and Fenugreek. It's amazing how well it cleans but I have to be sure to rinse well or my scalp will get itchy. There are lots of tutorials online with recipes, I had to experiment a little until I got the perfect formula for my hair type.

lapushka
July 13th, 2021, 08:35 AM
What are some alternatives to shampoo? I have done ACV rinses before but I'm wondering if there are other options.

What shampoos do you mean? If you don't want the sulfates. Plenty of brands do milder formulas these days (more than not). And there's co-washes, or you can use any plain old conditioner. There's a thread for it I can link you to, if you want.

Also, why the alternative-search?

And, there's always water only, sebum only if you don't want to wash the regular way.

Jane99
July 14th, 2021, 08:02 PM
You can check out the herbal recipes board for shampoo alternatives. Quite a few people use herbal alternatives and once you figure out a good technique and combination it can work pretty well. You can use egg to emulsify oils, rye flour. Lots of options if you want to ditch shampoo :). I tried for about a year and ended up quitting and going back to shampoo but it was just experimentation and fun for me, no allergies or any other conditions that bred necessity.