PDA

View Full Version : how do you get shiny bangs?

peachy.pudding
November 13th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Without the greasy look? Plus how do you get them to go flat rather than poofy? Thank you all:)

amaiaisabella
November 13th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I trim my bangs every 3 weeks, so they don't get too ragged and stay slightly full rather than slick against my face :) When my hair is wet, I fluff them with my fingers (I have longer, sideswept bangs)- I NEVER blowdry them unless I'm going to an event.

If you really want them extra shiny, and you use oil, after running your hands through your hair, lightly pat the bangs between your hands for that extra boost :)

may1em
November 13th, 2008, 03:27 PM
A long, long, time ago (when I still had short hair) I decided one day to give myself bangs.

Pretty much, they will be flat and shiny instead of poofy if you use heat and hairspray. As in large barreled curling iron and hairspray. You may also wish to consider a large round brush and hairdryer with a concentrator attachment.

This was too much work. I grew them out and haven't looked back.

Speckla
November 13th, 2008, 04:24 PM
A round brush and a blowdryer.
________
Weed vaporizers (http://weedvaporizers.info/)

vividdreamer
November 13th, 2008, 04:31 PM
A flatiron. I know, I know, it's bad for my hair.

But my face shape looks awful without bangs, and my bangs look awful without being flatironed. It's a toss-up, but I'm taking great care of the rest of my hair and the flat iron only touches my bangs for a VERY short amount of time, it's not scorching hot, and I make sure to use a protectant and that my bangs are completely dry. So flat-iron wins in this instance!

Tap Dancer
November 13th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Your skin may play a part in the flat, greasy bangs. When I had bangs, I washed them every morning. After a few hours, they'd separate and look piecey. It's because I have combination skin. My nose and forehead get oily. I believe that's why my bangs never stayed looking good for long.

Fantak
November 13th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Just a note if you decide to try oil: as amaiaisabella said use a so-tiny-it's-barely-there amount and a very light hand. Also keep it away from roots and ends. Maybe just a quick tap in the middle so that light reflects off it and it looks shiny.

Hope that helps ^.^

manderly
November 13th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Round brush and a hair dryer is all I need. Sometimes a little gel/wax to make them obey if they're freshly washed.

crystal_89
November 13th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I flat iron mine. I guess that if bangs are something you want to keep you will end up trimming them often anyway so it wouldn't matter if you're heat styling them heaps. If you want to grow them out soon then don't heatstyle or heatstyle less.

Elphie
November 13th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I've almost always had bangs. I grew them out once and decided I didn't like how I looked without them and promptly cut them back. I airdry them for the most part and use a blowdryer on a warm setting (aim down) to dry them the remainder of the way. Two or three passes with a round brush when they are practically dry and they're shiny and fine.

Curlsgirl
November 14th, 2008, 06:36 AM
A round brush and a blowdryer.
YEP! I keep mine trimmed so often it doesn't really matter what I do to them. I also touch them up with a regular curling iron in the morning if I need to. I don't usually use hair spray or anything but if I do any kind will do.

peachy.pudding
November 14th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Interesting, thanks for all the advice, i will try the touch of oil and see what happens x

Dreamernz
November 14th, 2008, 04:58 PM
You know i've got the same problem lol, I seem to have countless fringe wars (sometimes ending with it splitting!). If it's a straight across fringe (bangs) then what i do is to comb it from underneath then smooth it down with my fingers using some shine spray and a bit of what i like to call strong, shiny hair spray for want of a better name (both lightly dusted if you get my drift), sexy hair is a great brand for both those products, i hope that helps! long live bangs that let you have long hair without a thoroughly elongated face!:D

AnnaMarie
November 14th, 2008, 05:31 PM
This works for me,but may not work if you bangs are really long! While my bangs are wet I'll flatten them down onto my forehead, then I'll wrap a scarf across my bangs and the top of the front of my hair and arrange it nicely so there is no hair visable on my forehead. Then tie the scarf under my hair at the nape of my neck. Then leave it there till my bangs dry, then they are nice and flat. I could post a pic if that description is a little confusing lol.:)