PDA

View Full Version : Ever been spotted LHCwise?

wendyg
November 13th, 2008, 02:46 PM
So about six weeks ago, a friend and I went to the theatre in London. This is a small but well-established theater, and we had seats in the balcony. As we were going up the stiars, the usher said, "Nice Ficcare*." I looked back. She didn't have particularly long hair, though it was very nicely kept, and I said, "Thanks." It was crowded, and everyone was going up, so it wasn't really that feasible to go back and talk to her, and when we eventually left after the show she was nowhere in sight. I said to my friend that she had to be an LHC member, because who else would recognize the *brand* of hair clip?

Eventually, I noticed that she'd sent me a PM here, so she'd not only spotted me but figured out who I was.

Anyone else in the small world category?

wg
*It was a cobalt Ficcarissimo holding up a logroll.

lora410
November 13th, 2008, 02:56 PM
no, but I have wondered if longhairs I have seen are on LHC

Sammybunny711
November 13th, 2008, 02:57 PM
I also wonder if Longhairs I have seen are on LHC...although, some that I have seen irl could not POSSIBLY be from LHC since their hair is so damaged looking...

Islandgrrl
November 13th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I've never spotted anyone I thought might be LHC while I've been out and about. I'm pretty sure no one has spotted me, either!

granitbaby
November 13th, 2008, 03:17 PM
This spring spotted Isilme on a tram. I was in the back and she was in the front but I was so sure it was her. I sent her a PM an and it was her I had seen. :)
I didn't see her face on the tram, just the back of her head, but that's what we are good at here at LHC ;)

Anje
November 13th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I don't think I've been, though I also wonder if some of the longhairs I see are members. (Probably not -- there's quite a bit of TB length hair around here.) I wear lots of hairsticks, though, which I see as almost being an LHC thing. I've only seen two other hairstick wearers in the wild, though.

ETA: Make that 3 -- there was a violinist in the orchestra who held a french twist with one stick during practice.

Euphony
November 13th, 2008, 03:27 PM
I was actually very surprised to find one of our clients at my job knows what a Ficcare is. She has relatively short hair but she likes the 'finer things'. She buys her at Nordstroms, I introduced her to their website since all she's able to get are the typical colors and styles of Ficcare...I think I created a monster :D

I have often wondered if long hair I see belongs to an LHC'er - but I've never asked.

mira-chan
November 13th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Not outside of a meet. :D
There are a lot of long hairs here and many people wear hair sticks. I've not seen a Ficcare on a random person though. Due to the high population density even though there are a few LHCers the chance of actually randomly meeting one is low.

wintersun99
November 13th, 2008, 03:29 PM

Thrasher07
November 13th, 2008, 04:17 PM
I'm also a wonderer about other long hairs :)

Tressie
November 13th, 2008, 04:37 PM
Hi wendyg,

I think that is really an awesome story! I WISH I could spot a fellow LHC member (o: I have seen some longhaired folks, but I haven't seen anyone wearing hairsticks since I became initiated to them. Nor anyone wearing a ficcare. )o:

I hold out hope of seeing someone sometime though! :D

Tapioca
November 13th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I've run into a few of my fellow LHCers on Crochetville, but never in real life (except for meets and the one buddy I've known for years pre-LHC).

Flaxen
November 13th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I'm dying of curiosity. Who was it (if she doesn't mind you saying)??? :grin:

Saranne772
November 13th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Never met anyone from LHC and spoken but have wondered about a few people.

Nicole.Amina
November 13th, 2008, 06:27 PM
I once saw a lady wearing a Ficcare at my school. i wondered if she was a member, but I didn't stop to ask her.

I also wonder if people I see with exceptionally long hair (as between BSL and waistlength is common) are members here.

StephanieB
November 13th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I thought I spotted an LHCer last Saturday evening, in a rather expensive lounge. It's unpretentious, for sure..... but not inexpensive! And it's not the kind of place most women would be in, either... although it's certainly no longer the sole domain of gentlemen (or just men). :D

The only thing I wondered about was that she's a bleached bottle blonde. But, even so - her backside-length hair was in very good shape, judging by eyeballing it. And it was down, loose.

So, after Last Call, I went over and spoke to her, starting off with a compliment.
I told her that she had very nice looking hair, and when she was receptive to chat... I told her (frank as I am) that her hair looked to be in very good condition, especially for someone who dyes.

Yeah, I'm a real pistol at times. But - it's the truth, isn't it?

And she was clearly a bit older than I, so she has to know that everyone else knows that no one over double-digit age has hair that light naturally. She also has to know that her blackish roots show a bit, if one is looking for 'em.

She smiled, and agreed that her hair is in as good shape as it is, depsite the dye damage and blow-fry damage to straighten it's waves out, specifically because she only blow-fry-straightens it when she's gonna wear it down; otherwise she buns or braids it. She won't dye more than a handful of times per year, so that's why the dark roots show; they don't show so much when she puts it up, which she usually does. She merely stopped by after work to watch hubby's or b/f's band play their last numbers, have a drink to relax by, and have a smoke.

I asked her if she'd ever heard of LHC; she hadn't... but she repeated it a few times, and then jotted it down... so I think she was interested in checking us out. I told her who I am, so she can easily find me if she wants to.

Her hubby or b/f knows that my hubby and I like his band. We've been going to see them for years, now. In fact, they haven't seen me for a LONG time - since before I became disabled... so they, like the wait staff there, were all glad to see us, and the band said so with a big greeting and a welcome-back-'home' song just for us. :D
The "Hello, Dolly" theme song. ;) It was a great impromptu way to say "Hi, we missed ya's".

ladyfairington
November 13th, 2008, 07:36 PM
that's so neat.

unfortunately, i don't get out very often and most of the people at my college think i should cut my hair.

"cut it so it'll be even, get some long layers, dye it light amber brown to bring out your eyes." etc etc etc.

i don't listen to them, and i love my princess locks. <3!

trolleypup
November 13th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I've been spotted at work...I think we actually posted pictures in a (spontaneous) meet thread (in the archives).

Dianyla
November 13th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Yep, Airmide spotted me around Portland and sent me a PM later.

Sighridh
November 13th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I saw a guy today when I was buying my morning coffee who had the best kept longer hair I think I've ever seen on a guy in real life. I didn't talk to him about it because he was very busy, but I did admire it. Even looked a bit like he BBB's it smooth. Just nice healthy thick brown BSL'ish hair in a ponytail.
Nice to see. I love long hair on guys, wish it was more socially acceptable for corporate-types.

mira-chan
November 14th, 2008, 09:02 AM
I once saw a lady wearing a Ficcare at my school. i wondered if she was a member, but I didn't stop to ask her.

I also wonder if people I see with exceptionally long hair (as between BSL and waistlength is common) are members here.

I'm in NYC and I wear Ficcare. :bigeyes: Now I wonder....

Mebo
November 14th, 2008, 10:25 AM
If I ever walk up to someone, I usually say "It's so nice to see long hair on another mature person". No one has ever told me that they are LHC members, but lots of people have written down the site address.

Of course, I don't know if anybody else has seen me.....I'm easy to spot!

Periwinkle
November 14th, 2008, 12:29 PM
I've never met an LHCer, but I did meet a lady in Venice who was wearing a ficcare. She was French, so our communication was rather limited, but she did say that her hair had been to her knees before she had to cut it for some reason (I couldn't understand the phrase). Her hair was about APL, mid-brown and about 1c, and she was wearing it in a peacock twist.

neon-dream
November 14th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Noo :(
I live nowhere near anyone on here I don't think lol
But a woman on my bus with long blonde hair smiled at me and it made me wonder if she was on here :)
xxx

redtea
November 14th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I was out for breakfast last Sunday morning and a woman (early 30's maybe?) came in carrying her son and she had beautiful tailbone length hair with loose curls in great condtion. It was a reddish color but didn't look chemically dyed (henna maybe or something else?) and I couldn't help but wonder if she was a member here. I rarely see anyone around here who's not a teenager with hair longer than BSL. I don't think I'd have to guts to ever say anything to a stranger though. :o

Nightshade
November 14th, 2008, 01:15 PM
I met a woman with ankle-length hair in my town who had heard of LHC and who lurked, but didn't actually have a membership.

I always wonder if the longhairs I spot are LHCers. So far I don't think anyone but Belisama or Beldaran (who were IRL friends before LHC) have spotted me ;)

darkwaves
November 14th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Like Flaxen, I'd love to hear the other half of the story -- from the usher who spotted you! (Come on, mystery LHC member, fess up.)

I've never been spotted, but I do remember one night about a year ago, seeing a young woman in a local pub with long hair in a logroll held with a Ficcare. She seemed to be from out of town, visiting... And yes, I wondered...

Dianyla
November 14th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Like Flaxen, I'd love to hear the other half of the story -- from the usher who spotted you! (Come on, mystery LHC member, fess up.)

I can think of a particular London-based LHCer with beautiful hair... :hmm:

Teacherbear
November 14th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I've spotted real Ficcare's in action, but never approached the women. I'm sure there are a good number of women who are not LHCers who own Ficcare, I'd think we are the largest discussion board online with the highest percent of Ficcare ownership. (did that make sense? It makes sense in my head . . . :silly: )

RavennaNight
November 14th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I've never been spotted, but I really think the woman I saw on the ferry one time was an LHC member. Her hair was dark blonde, up in a really large bun held by 2 understated, very tasteful wooden hairsticks. The sheer size of the bun lends me to believe her hair was either really thick or at least TB-classic length. Her hair was in a bun style I have seen here before on many backs-of-heads :p. I don't know what it was called though. It spiraled around and around really neatly.

Dianyla
November 14th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I've never been spotted, but I really think the woman I saw on the ferry one time was an LHC member.
Which ferry system? :uhh:

wendyg
November 14th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Flaxen, et al: I think it's up to the spotter to out herself.

wg

Kleis
November 14th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Twice: Polyhex sent me a PM saying she thought she saw me at work once. Turns out we did work at the same place! A large company, but still pretty neat.

And then I saw a longhair at my gym. She turned out to be someone who is a member here, but not really active.

tinah
November 14th, 2008, 11:09 PM
when i went to the state fair I spotted a henna-head with TB length braids. . . . I wish I had said something to her.

Lady Godiva
November 15th, 2008, 09:04 AM
A stranger at a party recognized me not from LHC, but for being on TV in 2001 on The Ananda Lewis Show. That was rather freaky, but I think mainly because she'd had quite a bit to drink. ;)

jel
November 15th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I've been spotted at work...I think we actually posted pictures in a (spontaneous) meet thread (in the archives).

Oh yeah, that was me! On my visit to San Francisco, last year. I was hoping to go to an LHC meet in the area at the time, but, with regret, realised I couldn't make it after all. So seeing Trolleypup, completely by accident, really cheered me up! Especially as he was so lovely and took a little break from work so we could take pics...

I have to confess I'd been quite nervous approaching such an LHC legend, but it was so worth it!!! :D

Ms Monnie
November 15th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I'm dying of curiosity. Who was it (if she doesn't mind you saying)??? :grin:

I can think of a particular London-based LHCer with beautiful hair... :hmm:

Flaxen, et al: I think it's up to the spotter to out herself.

wg

:hmm:

Who on earth could it be?! :D

(P.S. I wasn't anywhere to be found because I have to pick up people's trash once everyone is out of the auditorium - it's my favourite part of the job! I would have loved to talked to you.).

Flaxen
November 15th, 2008, 12:56 PM

Who on earth could it be?! :D
:cheese:

Iylivarae
November 15th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I haven't been spotted yet (but I don't think that there are a lot of Swiss people on LHC).... but I've seen two women with stunning hair, down to classic or even a bit longer, so extremely thick and shiny... but I am too shy to go and ask... :)

Patrycja
November 15th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I live near a few LHCers but I don't know if they are active users or not anymore.Would be lovely if someone reconised me out in public.

darkwaves
November 16th, 2008, 12:40 PM

Who on earth could it be?! :D. Mystery solved! Thanks!

Alley Cat
November 16th, 2008, 08:01 PM
No seeing as I am the only one here in my state not possible. :p

Aicha
November 16th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I often see beautiful long haired women (and once in a while men) and then I wonder if they're on LHC too. I'm too shy to go up and ask them though... :oops: I'm afraid that they would look at me like I'm crazy! :silly:

I normally wear my hair up when I'm out, so I don't think anyone would be able to recognize me as an LHC member.

RavennaNight
November 16th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Which ferry system? :uhh:

Staten Island...? Heading towards the island away from Manhattan.

wendyg
November 18th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Aicha: depends. If you have it up in one of the LHC signature buns (F8, logroll) or using one of the popular LHC toys (Ficcare, Flexi8, sticks)...

I had a logroll in a Ficcare, so was doubly spottable.

wg

embee
November 18th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I haven't seen her in Real Life since I knew she was a member, but Mary lives in my area and we have a mutual interest in herpetology. I recognised her from some posts she made in the pet forums, and she knew who I was too, we had met before. If I ever get back to Herp Club and she's there, then yes, I'll see another LHC member! ;)

Rain
November 18th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I have run into Snowbear and KBF at my piercer's once or twice. Not pre-arranged.

snowbear
November 18th, 2008, 06:44 PM
I've run into Rain accidentally, but that's it. I'm the only LHCer in my area.

dustbuni2k
November 18th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I saw a woman at the Social Security office last week with a well defined, out of the ordinary looking bun which I stared at for a while (I lost my card and had to wait 2.5 hours to get a new one) but it wasn't the place to start casual conversation.

MountainGypsy
November 18th, 2008, 07:27 PM
As far as I know I am the only LHCer in my area and I don't post much to boot so I am not very recognizable. I did meet someone from another hair forum lately though, the Long Hair Care forum. She is african american and although she has seen this forum she is not member. We had a great time talking about hair and length and measuring how many inches each of us were away from goal. She had 5" to go to her goal which is half way between Bsl & waist and I have 8" until my goal of waist.

GlassEyes
November 18th, 2008, 07:39 PM
There was a moment once when I thought I saw girlcat, actually, but it wasn't. XD; It couldn't be; it was around my campus and I doubt she has a reason to be there. Her daughter goes to a different one. XD;

I sort of did a double take though; the girl noticed and looked at me funny. D:

willowcandra
November 19th, 2008, 04:04 AM
There are quite a few around me but I don't think I have spotted one. I often wonder though. lol.

There is a lady at my dd's school (she is American) and she has classic length reddy brown hair but I am shy and we have never spoken. So I have no idea lol.

But I did discover through facebook that beelady is a friend of an old friend.

Beatnik Guy
November 19th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Pre-LHC I think (probably TLHS?) but I was at a free lunchtime gig by Zoe Rahman (jazz piano, long hair) at Royal Festival Hall in London and domonic_uk (although he wasn't called that then) came and said hi.