PDA

View Full Version : Finally figured out a feminine style I can do that won't give me a headache

DarleneH
May 29th, 2021, 03:25 PM
I have waist length hair now, and I know all of you are big on buns but they give me horrendous headaches. I'm jealous of how great they look on all of you but I just can't get them to look right and not be painful. And it is simply the weight of the bun being pulled by gravity doing it.

The reason I think that is because I finally figured out something I can do with a bun that doesn't, and I love it: I pull half my hair up in a bun that is much smaller, and that's small enough but still substantial enough to be interesting, and I can let it be kind of loose and get some poof all over so it looks more feminine in general and not slicked tight to my head. Plus I can use small, glittery clips to hold it that add some cuteness. Then I take the rest and braid it, or I can make long, thin tendrils, kind of like Angelina Jolie's in Alexander (I would attach a pic if I could). Less on top of my head in one spot, and no headaches now.

I've been doing this the past few days and love it. I know bunnig ALL hair would protect it more, but I was already just braiding every day anyway. This at least adds a bit more style and keeps it from looking like I'm about to hit the basketball court for some hoops. This is not any earth-shattering new thing, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone else here struggles with buns and headaches like I do, and hadn't tried this yet.

ReadingRenee
May 29th, 2021, 05:37 PM
This sounds cool! I know when my hair gets about MBL I start getting back headaches with a bun. I have a long way to go to reach waist length but I will try this when I do. The glittery clips sound great! That is how I hold my buns even now to avoid pulling. Lots of small clips.