PDA

View Full Version : 4 years of growing

Estrid
May 29th, 2021, 01:34 AM
(might have to resize the photos, but posting first to check)

I know I joined the LHC in august 2014, but I cut my hair some years after, and then decided to start growing again on May 21st 2017, so that was the new start.

It's been 4 years, and my hair has grown despite my less than ideal treatment of it. I'm able to make buns that stay put now, but I usually braid my hair due to buns making my head ache after one or a few hours. I'm not sure where I'm heading with my length, I don't know if I have any goals. For now I'm just letting it grow.

My length 4 years ago compared to today:

https://i.imgur.com/5DGdtKf.png

My hair seems to be about half my body length now, which looks quite fun :o

https://i.imgur.com/llkGB0H.jpg

I shared this one in the waist to tbl thread some days ago, and it kinda shows how close I am to it being "sitting length", which I will have as my marker for tbl, so in about a month I'm at tbl!

https://i.imgur.com/Sf4Pvlq.jpg

Lastly I have a photo of a normal bun since I never really share those sort of photos here (I should probably start).

https://i.imgur.com/wJrTiuk.jpg

I hope to find updos that work for me in the future :pray:

I've enjoyed my time here a lot and I got no plans of leaving, but I should try to be a bit more active. Thank you the LHC for existing! I have no idea what my hair would be like today if I had not found this place (probably not this long, that much I can say :p )

:blossom:

paulownia
May 29th, 2021, 01:45 AM
( Stort grattis ;))
Amazing growth and progress. Your hair is really beautiful, color and waves and length :heartbeat
Congratulations on the anniversary :blossom:

Mariekeeee14
May 29th, 2021, 01:53 AM
Oh wow, so much progress and such pretty photos! Congrats :flower:

lapushka
May 29th, 2021, 02:00 AM
Such a pretty sea side photo, and very lovely bun! Congratulations. I love that length on you!!! Seems perfect!

Stray_mind
May 29th, 2021, 02:32 AM
Oh my gosh! What beauty! Congratulations. Your growth is really inspiring for me and i love following it. :flower:

Potauvert
May 29th, 2021, 02:37 AM
Congrats ! You achieve this length really quickly and with a very good condition ! I love your thickness, your color and your aesthetic, you are really inspiring :sun:

FrayedFire
May 29th, 2021, 02:58 AM
:blossom: Pretty!

illicitlizard
May 29th, 2021, 02:59 AM
I love your pictures, especially that seaside one! They give off a mystical romantic air. Your hair is lovely, beautiful waves, length, and condition! :inlove: Absolute goals.
Congratulations on 4 years of growing :blossom:

GordonMurphella
May 29th, 2021, 03:28 AM
Oh my goodness, what beautiful hair! And lovely shots, to boot. I think I've found my hair idol :)

Lyanna
May 29th, 2021, 03:29 AM
You have beautiful hair, the colour in the sitting picture reminds me a lot of Rapunzel in Tangled :flower: Congrats on four years!

BuddhaBelle
May 29th, 2021, 03:44 AM
your hair is absolutely jaw dropping!

baanoo
May 29th, 2021, 05:18 AM
Congratulations on four years, Estrid! Your hair is always such a joy to see. :inlove:

Bat
May 29th, 2021, 05:30 AM
Your hair and those photos are post card gorgeous and I like post cards so compliment!

Llama
May 29th, 2021, 07:28 AM
Your hair is beautiful! Very pretty pictures, too :blossom:

Finda
May 29th, 2021, 08:07 AM
Wow, what a beautiful picture at the sea :thud:

Congratulations at your progress. That's pretty impressive for that amount of time!

spidermom
May 29th, 2021, 08:20 AM
Your hair is beautiful! Thank you for sharing the pictures and reminding me of what 4 years can do.

foreveryours
May 29th, 2021, 08:32 AM
That's awesome!

Estrid
May 29th, 2021, 08:44 AM
Thank you so much, everyone :o :flowers:

I look forward to spending many more years here!

xanthochromia
May 29th, 2021, 08:44 AM
Just like everyone else has said, your hair and your photos are so beautiful and so inspiring!

ReadingRenee
May 29th, 2021, 09:19 AM
Congratulations! I remember when you cut your hair short and to me, it seems like time has flown by! I can't believe how long your hair is again now! It's beautiful! Thank you for sharing your pictures, it's very inspiring.

Zesty
May 29th, 2021, 09:26 AM
WOW! :thud: That is a stunning head of hair you have, and these pictures are so pretty too. You've come such a long way!

lapis_lazuli
May 29th, 2021, 09:26 AM
Your pictures are stunning!! I love your hair colour and waves :inlove: Happy 4 Years!

Cg
May 29th, 2021, 09:36 AM
Beautiful proof that 4 years is transformational. So pretty!

JasminxCat
May 29th, 2021, 01:12 PM
That's awesome, congrats. Your hair is beautiful. How often, if you did, trim in between of growing out?

Jools69
May 29th, 2021, 01:31 PM
Congratulations on four years of growth. :happydance:

lakhesis
May 29th, 2021, 01:38 PM
So pretty! Your hair texture is so dreamy. Congrats on 4 years :cheer:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 29th, 2021, 02:09 PM
Oh my, your hair is absolutely STUNNING! And you look like a very romantic Victorian maiden :) I bet it feels like the four years have flown past! Did you do much trimming along the way?

Aunt Rapunzel
May 29th, 2021, 02:11 PM
Ohhhh, your hair is stunning, Estrid!

Lesley8
May 29th, 2021, 03:05 PM
Congratulations on your 4 years of growing :)
Your hair is beautiful!

Kibrah
May 29th, 2021, 03:05 PM
Your hair is so beautiful and looks so healthy. You've had such good growth. Happy 4 year hair anniversary.

hinabelle
May 29th, 2021, 06:11 PM
I've admired your hair for a long time Estrid. :flower:
Thank you for sharing such aesthetically pleasing photos with us.
Congratulations on such a breathtaking accomplishment!

lithostoic
May 29th, 2021, 06:22 PM
Your hair looks so happy and healthy 🖤 congrats on 4 years. I'm not too active on here anymore either, oops!

purple_omelette
May 29th, 2021, 08:02 PM

I know I joined the LHC in august 2014, but I cut my hair some years after, and then decided to start growing again on May 21st 2017, so that was the new start.

It's been 4 years, and my hair has grown despite my less than ideal treatment of it. I'm able to make buns that stay put now, but I usually braid my hair due to buns making my head ache after one or a few hours. I'm not sure where I'm heading with my length, I don't know if I have any goals. For now I'm just letting it grow.

I shared this one in the waist to tbl thread some days ago, and it kinda shows how close I am to it being "sitting length", which I will have as my marker for tbl, so in about a month I'm at tbl!

Lastly I have a photo of a normal bun since I never really share those sort of photos here (I should probably start).

I've enjoyed my time here a lot and I got no plans of leaving, but I should try to be a bit more active. Thank you the LHC for existing! I have no idea what my hair would be like today if I had not found this place (probably not this long, that much I can say :p )

Wow :O Your hair is soooo beautiful, and those photographs really showcase it well. Congratulations on 4 years of growth <3

bokeh
May 29th, 2021, 09:01 PM
I love your beautiful hair and enjoyed the photos. I always pay extra attention to your posts because your hair is course. You are a wonderful example of how pretty course hair can be and after a lifetime of fighting my own course hair that's an inspiration to me.

TatsuOni
May 30th, 2021, 08:28 AM
Congrats! Your hair looks amazing!

Estrid
May 30th, 2021, 09:51 AM
Thank you, everyone! :crush:

That's awesome, congrats. Your hair is beautiful. How often, if you did, trim in between of growing out?

Oh my, your hair is absolutely STUNNING! And you look like a very romantic Victorian maiden :) I bet it feels like the four years have flown past! Did you do much trimming along the way?

Thank you! :o I think I trimmed my hair maybe 2 or possibly 3 times. I only remember one of those :silly: but I think it's probably two, and a few cm each of those times.

I love your beautiful hair and enjoyed the photos. I always pay extra attention to your posts because your hair is course. You are a wonderful example of how pretty course hair can be and after a lifetime of fighting my own course hair that's an inspiration to me.

Aw, that's sweet! Thank you :couch:

I know I struggled a bit with finding out what thickness I had of my strands when I first came here, it's not the easiest thing to measure.
BUT I am very sure my hair counts as coarse. It behaves as such (if there's a way it can behave, I think mine does), I can see all strands, I can feel them between my fingers, and I think it's probably the reason why my hair has survived to this length despite my less than ideal handling.
As a child I payed more attention to how my hair was different to most other kids, "fine Scandinavian hair" was never what I had. It won't ever be sleek and soft in the same way some other people's hair is, but it's my lions mane ... and I kinda love it :o

Dark40
May 30th, 2021, 10:26 AM

What amazing growth and progress you have made in the last 4 years! :) Your hair is so beautiful! I'm also not sure what I want my goals to be either. When I first joined LHC in 2010 I have said Hip Length or Ankle Length. Now, I've changed it to Mid-Thigh Length. I feel the same way you do as far as growing. I'm just letting it grow where it can grow, and love it at that length.

OUKess
May 30th, 2021, 11:00 AM
Amazing Estrid!! Beautiful pictures!!

Deborah
May 30th, 2021, 12:51 PM
Your hair is simply gorgeous!

LadyEliza
May 30th, 2021, 03:35 PM
Beautiful hair - beautiful photos! I love the bun picture - the the hair stick is lovely too!

Your beach is very different from our beaches. I live 3 blocks away and most of the time can't wear hair down outside because of the wind. We have sandy beaches, I'm in Australia, and yours looks cold! Love seeing photos of different parts of the world and how different the environments of our areas are. :)

LadyEliza
May 30th, 2021, 03:36 PM
Oh I forgot to say - I had a buzz cut (basically bald) 4 years ago and my hair is now hip length.

bparnell75
May 31st, 2021, 10:59 AM
Impressed with growth, your photos that glorious bun, and your clothes. Thank you for sharing.

leafygreens18
June 1st, 2021, 02:20 PM
Woah that's a dramatic progress journey! I love the proportion of hair to person in the walking photo ahaha and a beautiful background. Great hair!

Estrid
June 2nd, 2021, 12:03 AM
Thank you everyone :o

Miss Thyme
June 6th, 2021, 02:52 PM
You and your hair are beautiful!
Your pictures are making me reconsider whether I should maybe get some skirts that are longer than knee length. You look so romantic :o

Nox_Inber
June 6th, 2021, 03:00 PM
Awesome photos! I agree with Miss Thyme on the long skirt, looks so idyllic on the ocean side. Congrats on the 4 years of growing, your hair looks super healthy :D

sipnsun
June 6th, 2021, 07:02 PM
Terrific growth and beautiful hair! Love the pics also!

0xalis
June 6th, 2021, 08:14 PM
It was beautiful then and it's absolutely glorious now!!! You seriously look like a fairy-tale princess :inlove:

Begemot
June 6th, 2021, 11:39 PM
Your pictures and hair are so beautiful! Congrats :blossom: :blossom:

Estrid
June 7th, 2021, 11:25 AM
Thank you :flowers: