PDA

View Full Version : Needing help

Breezy
May 18th, 2021, 12:19 AM
Hello. About a year ago, I had a massive shed of my hair. the new hair is coming in as the new pieces are about 4 inches long and in some place frizz out. My hair is almost bsl by about 3 inches. It used to be wavy, but now it has changed and is more tighter waves. I hate it. My hair poofs out no matter what I do. I slather it with product and it wont lay down. It is growing so slow. Do you think mine is still growing? I just want to put it in a bun and not deal with it anymore. I just hope that as it grows without me watching it will make it look better than the poofy mess it is now. Has this happend to any of you? Did you ever wear a bun like months straight to forget about it? I also have been tempted to get some edgy cut if my hair won't cooperate. That is not what a I really want. But everyday has been a struggle with my hair and I get weary of it. Thank you for reading this!

ZoeZ
May 18th, 2021, 04:40 AM
I used a claw clip when my hair was at that awkward stage - shoulder down to APL. I found I could look nice and professional, and moved through that 'mullet' stage easily. I have fine hair, so used a scrunchie around the claw clip to add a little pouf to the shape. I found shoulder to APL the most difficult time, once past that it was much easier to style in a log roll with a clip.

scarlettepia
May 18th, 2021, 06:09 AM
I have wavy hair thats a frizzy mess without any products in. What I do is oil the ends lightly and put them in a loose braid while they are still wet/ damp. Then undo the braid after an hour and let them air dry. If your problem is frizz consider not brushing your hair once they are dry, if you have to spray some water over and then brush/ comb them carefully. When I had this length I used to either braid them or put them in a messy bun on top or my hair and secure it with a claw clip. It helped them in growing much healthier.

lapushka
May 18th, 2021, 06:13 AM
Hello. About a year ago, I had a massive shed of my hair. the new hair is coming in as the new pieces are about 4 inches long and in some place frizz out. My hair is almost bsl by about 3 inches. It used to be wavy, but now it has changed and is more tighter waves. I hate it. My hair poofs out no matter what I do. I slather it with product and it wont lay down. It is growing so slow. Do you think mine is still growing? I just want to put it in a bun and not deal with it anymore. I just hope that as it grows without me watching it will make it look better than the poofy mess it is now. Has this happend to any of you? Did you ever wear a bun like months straight to forget about it? I also have been tempted to get some edgy cut if my hair won't cooperate. That is not what a I really want. But everyday has been a struggle with my hair and I get weary of it. Thank you for reading this!

Is it just the new hairs with the new texture? Length considerably adds to the ease of things. I still blow dried my hair straight up until around APL, when I let the waves go (look in my 15 year celebration thread on here, the bob/shoulder length style, is as straight as straight can be).

Sadly a cut is going to make things even worse, unless you are totally prepared to blow dry it straight & straighten it.

More length solves the issue and with a good styling routine, it's as easy as easy can be; trust me on that! BSL is a nice starting out point but it usually gets way better beyond that. BTDT.

Breezy
May 18th, 2021, 02:08 PM
Is it just the new hairs with the new texture? Length considerably adds to the ease of things. I still blow dried my hair straight up until around APL, when I let the waves go (look in my 15 year celebration thread on here, the bob/shoulder length style, is as straight as straight can be).

Sadly a cut is going to make things even worse, unless you are totally prepared to blow dry it straight & straighten it.

More length solves the issue and with a good styling routine, it's as easy as easy can be; trust me on that! BSL is a nice starting out point but it usually gets way better beyond that. BTDT.

Thank you Lapushka! You have helped me. Especially not to cut it. Wow didn't realize it would make things worse. Yes, I have had to straighten mine for now, now I have to wait for it to grow; which seems like it is taking forever.

Obsidian
May 18th, 2021, 03:16 PM
Yep, 4" hairs are naughty and hard to control, especially if there is any wave/curl in there.
Its great its growing back. Hang in there, it will get better.

lapushka
May 24th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Thank you Lapushka! You have helped me. Especially not to cut it. Wow didn't realize it would make things worse. Yes, I have had to straighten mine for now, now I have to wait for it to grow; which seems like it is taking forever.

I am so glad. :) Yes, a cut is a "quick fix", and that is just it; it requires a lot of patience to get beyond that "annoying" point if you are set on growth, but you have to just get through it and it will get lots and lots better, I promise! :D

sipnsun
May 24th, 2021, 05:00 PM
I've worn a bun pretty much everyday for over a year. I put it up first thing in the morning and take it down to braid it at bedtime and then back up the next morning. I run every other day so I don't bun it until after I run on those days and instead leave it braided until I'm done. Sorry I can't help with the curling issue since I have straight hair but it sounds like you've gotten some great advice.

Arciela
May 24th, 2021, 06:32 PM
I'm dealing with the same issue. Lost a ton of hair in a huge shed and now it's growing back. I've got a ton of hair sticking up and my hair is "frizzy" but at the same time I am happy to see new growth, it means its coming back :D I just throw my hair up in a bun, or I just wear it down and embrace the frizz. A leave in called After Party by bed head helps me tame it quite a bit. My scalp hates anything on it so I don't apply it directly to my scalp, but instead I smooth it on top of my hair, if that makes sense, and it really helps. :flower: