PDA

View Full Version : TEN (?!) years of LHC

Zesty
May 16th, 2021, 07:53 AM
Ten years ago yesterday I joined the LHC! It's so wild to me that I've been in the community for so long. :bigeyes: I found the forum looking for hairstyle ideas because my hair was near waist and a ponytail wasn't cutting it, and I couldn't do ANYTHING else. I've learned so much here and I've really enjoyed everyone's company and support as well. :heart: I've been more and less active over different periods but I always lurk! I've grown a lot, and so has my hair. ;)

My first LHC pic (sorry for the bare back):
https://i.imgur.com/IOQLZz2l.jpg

I got to near-tailbone, which was my goal:
https://i.imgur.com/J4pMztZl.jpg

Before I got frustrated and cut back to above APL. Then after about a year I missed my hair and started growing again:
https://i.imgur.com/kIwTmLVl.jpg

I wanted to reach classic, and I did!
https://i.imgur.com/s3qXHI3l.jpg

...But I contracted LHCitis and here I am today. This is not a flattering picture of my ends but it's real and I'm okay with it. :)
https://i.imgur.com/9zlFAM8l.jpg

Now I am making the final push to knee this year! I'm not trimming until I get there, which I expect will happen early fall. Then I might cut back a few inches to try for a better hemline. Or maybe not, because LHC-itis is REAL -- I am living proof. :p I never thought I could get anywhere close to knee but here I am. I would offer a Q&A like some have on their anniversary posts, but my hair is not that remarkable so I'll just say -- thanks to everyone who makes up the LHC, it's a really special place on the internet and I appreciate you so much!

purple_omelette
May 16th, 2021, 08:27 AM
Wow! Congratulations! What a milestone :D

Your hair is gorgeous, and definitely an inspiration (along with your fantastic blog!). Good luck with getting to knee this year (you're so close!!) I hope you keep lurking for many years to come :)

lapushka
May 16th, 2021, 08:30 AM
Zesty, you've been here, there & all over the place. LOL; no but seriously, congratulations, girl! You are awesome and so is your hair! I always love reading your posts and sometimes really wish you were here more often! :)

foreveryours
May 16th, 2021, 08:35 AM
Congratulations Zesty. Having been bitten by this bug too, I now know how it feels pushing knee and it feels great! Thanks to people like YOU for providing the inspiration which makes this refuge from the shorthairs possible! :p

paulownia
May 16th, 2021, 09:18 AM
Big congrats on the hair-anniversary and many happy returns!;)
Your hair is amazing and really an inspiration to us all :blossom: hope you will reach your goals in no time!

Ylva
May 16th, 2021, 09:23 AM
Congratulations, Zesty! :cheer:

AmaryllisRed
May 16th, 2021, 09:46 AM
Happy anniversary!
It's been fun watching your progress, and I'll echo what Lapushka said: I wish you were here more often!

Mariekeeee14
May 16th, 2021, 09:48 AM
Happy anniversary, nice to read!:flower:

bparnell75
May 16th, 2021, 10:26 AM
Joining in with congratulations. You are an inspiration to just let those fairey tale ends grow. I may join you.

lakhesis
May 16th, 2021, 10:40 AM
Congratulations on your decade on the forum! :cheer: super close to knee, I think you will definitely reach it soon. Beautiful hair :)

Stray_mind
May 16th, 2021, 10:49 AM
Congratulations! What a beautiful number. :flower:

Begemot
May 16th, 2021, 11:05 AM
Congratulations! :toast: :blossom: :blossom:

Tinyponies
May 16th, 2021, 12:47 PM
Happy ten years Zesty and congrats on your beautiful hair! :love:

Jools69
May 16th, 2021, 12:47 PM
Congratulations. :cheer:

Zesty
May 16th, 2021, 12:51 PM
Thank you, everyone! I'm overall quite happy with my hair and I appreciate the well wishes. :)

Wow! Congratulations! What a milestone :D

Your hair is gorgeous, and definitely an inspiration (along with your fantastic blog!). Good luck with getting to knee this year (you're so close!!) I hope you keep lurking for many years to come :)

Aw thanks for mentioning the blog, it's something I do for fun and really enjoy. :heart:

Zesty, you've been here, there & all over the place. LOL; no but seriously, congratulations, girl! You are awesome and so is your hair! I always love reading your posts and sometimes really wish you were here more often! :)

Always honored to get a compliment from lapushka. ;) I really ought to post more but sometimes my introversion gets the better of me even online. :p

Happy anniversary!
It's been fun watching your progress, and I'll echo what Lapushka said: I wish you were here more often!

Thank you! It means a lot to hear, there are so many people on here I generally assume no one pays much attention haha.

SleepyTangles
May 16th, 2021, 01:17 PM
Happy anniversary and congratulations on the beautiful journey! :cheer:

baanoo
May 16th, 2021, 01:36 PM
Happy anniversary, Zesty! You’re such a gem and I’m so glad you’re here. :heart:

Alexandrina
May 16th, 2021, 02:15 PM
a whole decade! Wow, what a milestone :D
Congratas!

cestlavie
May 16th, 2021, 02:24 PM
Congratulations on 10 years on LHC! Very nice to read up on your journey!

Lesley8
May 16th, 2021, 03:27 PM
Congratulations :)

Aunt Rapunzel
May 16th, 2021, 03:36 PM
Wow! Congratulations on ten years AND such a beautiful hair goal! You're so close to knee-length!

lapis_lazuli
May 16th, 2021, 04:45 PM
Happy 10 years and congrats on nearing knee!!! Your hair is lovely :blossom:

Kibrah
May 16th, 2021, 06:58 PM
Happy ten years anniversary!

-Fern
May 16th, 2021, 07:03 PM
Zesty!!! Congratulations!! I think we hit BSL at around the same time (once-upon-a-time), and you stuck to your plan while I impulsively chopped my hair off... twice! And now your hair is almost two feet longer than mine.

I think your hair is gorgeous, and quite impressive!! :applause

Jane99
May 16th, 2021, 07:52 PM
Beautiful hair Zesty and congratulations on a decade of hair love!

Zesty
May 16th, 2021, 07:58 PM
Thanks again everyone, you are all very kind!

Happy anniversary, Zesty! You’re such a gem and I’m so glad you’re here. :heart:

Aww thank you, that's very sweet. :flower:

Zesty!!! Congratulations!! I think we hit BSL at around the same time (once-upon-a-time), and you stuck to your plan while I impulsively chopped my hair off... twice! And now your hair is almost two feet longer than mine.

I think your hair is gorgeous, and quite impressive!! :applause

Oh gosh Fern, how time flies! It's fun to look back. I seem to have gotten the big chop bug out of my system around 2013, luckily, but I do think about how things might have gone if I had just kept growing without that cut. Maybe I'd be at floor! (Har dee har, I seriously doubt it. :p )

leafygreens18
May 16th, 2021, 09:33 PM
shoot look at you! Congratulations on ten years.

Iyashikei
May 16th, 2021, 10:30 PM
Congratulations! You're so close to knee too. How long are you planning to grow it?

Diana Prince
May 17th, 2021, 12:24 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is really beautiful! :flower:

Bat
May 17th, 2021, 01:10 AM
Congrats Zesty! Ten years wow

Zesty
May 17th, 2021, 06:28 AM
Congratulations! You're so close to knee too. How long are you planning to grow it?

Theoretically only to knee but we'll see how it goes. I've changed plans ever longer over the course of time. :p

Finda
May 17th, 2021, 11:59 AM
What a great journey, and such great pictures! You have truly beautiful hair :thudpile: