PDA

View Full Version : Hair Measuring?

WyntreBlossom
May 6th, 2021, 01:28 AM
I measured my hair for the first time in over a year today and was pretty surprised by the result (hair line to ends)

How often do you measure? How do you measure? What you at right now? What's your goal? I wanna know it all! :)

https://i.imgur.com/iTiEp03.jpg

BuddhaBelle
May 6th, 2021, 04:03 AM
You have such beautiful hair lady!!!!

I measure once a month, at the end of the month on very slightly damp hair so its all straight. I take pics against a stripy top if I can be bothered too.

I feel like I need to measure less because I haven't grown much this month at all and it's sent me into the whole "OMG!! My hair will never grow again!!!!" even though when I look 3 months back there has been definite growth, haha.

I'm just aiming for waist at the moment but my overall goal is classic... that won't be for a few years.

Eastbound&Down
May 6th, 2021, 05:43 AM
I measure once a month around the 20th, I do the typical LHC method with a striped top on dry straightened hair.

My current length is SL (~15 in) and my goal is hip (~30 in). So I guess I'm halfway there? Lol

Kibrah
May 6th, 2021, 06:39 AM
At the moment I am measuring once a month. But I went over a year without measuring once so I guess I am kind of random. Currently it's at mbl and 30 inches. My goal is waist for now, once I get there, if I ever do, I can reevaluate.

Bat
May 6th, 2021, 06:48 AM
I don't Measure often at all actually I'm due for one soon though I usually do basic length check, I need to invest in a striped shirt soon! Currently SL main goal I'm not sure on anymore I need to look at more long hair pictures to see what calls to me but for now I think hip Is a good long term goal

Edit: played around with some wigs so my goal is fingertip/mid thigh ish

Zesty
May 6th, 2021, 07:09 AM
Your hair is so pretty, I love the color. :)

I am aiming for quarterly measurements. I measure from hairline and my husband does the actual reading. At the beginning of April I was at 49.5" and my goal is 52" which is knee!

Alexandrina
May 6th, 2021, 07:24 AM
I agree with the others, your hair color is so pretty!

When I first found this site I'd measure every month to track how much growth was normal for me,
but two years later I don't really measure anymore.

KokoroDragon
May 6th, 2021, 07:43 AM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous! You make me want to try purple hair.

I used to measure every month-ish, but I'm kind of random. I mostly just measure at the beginning and end of challenges, and maybe at the halfway point. If I do measure between, I don't record the number.

Jools69
May 6th, 2021, 10:15 AM
Presently, my longest strand on my U-shaped hemline is about 31.75 (waist). My goal is 43 inches (classic), achieving it around 2 1/2 years with planned 2x2 inch trims. This is measuring from my front hairline with a tape measure over my head and down my back. I aim to have an accurate measurement, so I blow dry my hair straight and measure every 1-3 months or so.

Messyhair
May 6th, 2021, 10:29 AM
I think I'm in the minority here in that I don't measure. I have measured monthly when growing out previously, but I am just too busy now to think of it, so I gauge my progress by body parts only. I'm currently about 3" away from BSL, I believe

I also no longer get pictures taken of the back of my head, but I do miss seeing my hair that way. :(

neko_kawaii
May 6th, 2021, 10:35 AM
I measure every few months, at this point mostly when I think, "hey, did it get longer or am I imagining that?"

Charts are handy! (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/blog.php?cp=4)

Joyful Mystery
May 6th, 2021, 01:34 PM
I measure around the first or second of every month. I measure hairline to ends. I'm currently SL (16.50") as of May 1st. My first big goal is to grow back to waist (28") and then to classic (41").

Finda
May 6th, 2021, 01:48 PM
I measure maybe twice a year to get an overall idea. Otherwise I take pictures and try to see progress in relation to bodymarkers. I try not to think about it too hard because I can be prone to impatience.

spidermom
May 6th, 2021, 01:51 PM
I don't measure. I have wavy hair, so it was too hard to achieve accuracy.

I prefer taking a photograph while wearing something patterned. I judge progress that way.

lapis_lazuli
May 6th, 2021, 01:57 PM
Your colour is awesome :) I go through phases of not measuring at all and measuring every month. Right now I'm doing the latter and it's just as aggravating as I remember.
I'm at 63" right now and I need 9" more to get to floor :yawn:...

Bri-Chan
May 6th, 2021, 02:00 PM
I measure once a month! It should be aorund 38.2 inches now.
Your color is awesome!

Handel'sWig
May 6th, 2021, 04:19 PM
I’ve never measured :shrug: I just gauge length based on body parts and estimate how much I have until the next one. Like right now I’m a bit more than 1” above my hip bones when stretched. If I measured my hair I’d probably drive myself crazy trying to get it exactly right.

JasminxCat
May 6th, 2021, 05:55 PM
Your hair color is so pretty.
I don't measure, but I pay attention to the length and take comparison pics every few months

WyntreBlossom
May 6th, 2021, 07:27 PM
Thank you everyone for the hair color comments <3

I love the diversity here. Some people are measuring every month. Others are like me and simply forget to measure for long periods of time XD