PDA

View Full Version : Terrible, terrible, terrible knot

GlennaGirl
November 13th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Hi, guys and gals.

I've mentioned before that we co-sleep and my littlest one yanks at and twists my hair all night long.

I tell him "no" and pull him away but he does it unconsciously in his sleep.

Last night he gave me the worst knot I've ever had. My hair rarely knots; it's very "slippery" (fine). This one is a whole bunch of hair. I even considered just cutting it out, but it's on the canopy and like I said...a lot of hair.

I tried rubbing a little oil on it and using a hair pick but it just won't come out. I can't even see how I would unwind it, if you can picture what I'm saying. It's sort of like a pulled-tight faery knot.

Does anyone have any ideas? If I CO, will that loosen it? Thanks a bunch.

Lamb
November 13th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Get some super cone-ful, heavy conditioner, let it sit for a good while. Rinse and repeat as necessary. Don't try to get it out dry, you could break a lot of hair.

Áine
November 13th, 2008, 02:14 PM
I second what Lamb said. Certain oils can make the hairs stickier after awhile and then it will be nearly impossible to make progress.

I think a good conditioner, chock full of cones and a toothpick will help you out tremendously. Take heart, it can be done, you'll get it out. :-)

manderly
November 13th, 2008, 02:33 PM
What the others said. And maybe braid your hair at night?

cindy58
November 13th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I think I might try wearing a buff to sleep in -- the tugging and pulling must be disrupting your sleep too.

I had a really hard time getting my youngest son to sleep alone, but when I did it was a lot more peaceful for me!

GlennaGirl
November 13th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, all. Cone-y conditioner it is!

I think I will start braiding my hair at night after all. It's long enough now.

I agree that sleeping alone is more peaceful. We have our plan. ;) The boys will share a room so they aren't completely "alone" at night. My husband actually just took down the front of the crib--it converts into a juvenile bed that way. (Later we can buy a twin mattress to make it bigger.)

Thanks again!