PDA

View Full Version : A wash-out, very temporary color to take very dark brunette to medium auburn?

DarleneH
April 20th, 2021, 09:05 AM
I'm cosplaying as Scarlet Witch soon, and need to take my normally very dark brunette hair to her auburnish color. I know a lot of dyes and coloring agents just don't do a very good job on really dark hair, so do any of you have recs on products that would, yet would also wash out easily so I can get back to my usual dark brunette pronto? I thought about buying an auburn wig, but I simply don't want more clutter around here. It's not even the money, because I know I'm going to spend money on a dye product; I just don't need more stuff here. Help?

ExpectoPatronum
April 20th, 2021, 09:36 AM
I'm not sure you'd be able to lighten your dark hair to an auburn shade and have it wash out. That said, there are wax colorings and hair chalk that might work to give your hair a more red color.

timiddrake
April 20th, 2021, 09:48 AM
There's spray on hair color that shampoos out. I used it a lot as a kid for Halloween.

Bright
April 20th, 2021, 04:59 PM
I agree that your best bet is probably colored sprays or chalks. Alternatively, Scarlet Witch has often had dark brown or black hair in the comics with a similar costume to her Wandavision one, so depending on how film-accurate you need to be, you could cosplay her with dark hair instead and call it comic-inspired. ;)