PDA

View Full Version : Growing out colour

helen2806
November 13th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I'm naturally medium-blonde and in August I dyed my hair a few shades lighter, but now I want to grow out my natural colour. I've got about 3 inches of regrowth which doesn't look too bad because it's not drastically different, and I don't have a really straight flat parting - but I don't think it'll be that long til it starts to look weird having 2 tone hair. Any suggestions how I can help the process? I definitely don't want to cut it all off!

Thrasher07
November 13th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I was in a similar stage to this a few years ago, although mine was dyed black, growing out red (dear oh dear!) I don't think there's much you can do about it I'm afraid, mine was just trimmed and the colour faded out gradually too. I know there are 'colour stripper' treatments some places do, which I considered at the time (soooo glad I didn't opt for them), but they would be very very bad for your hair, and I don't know if they work for blonde. I stupidly dyed my APL length bangs black in August semi-perm (but it has't faded much!) and I can't wait for that to grow out now.

I think it's just a matter of being patient :(

sherigayle
November 13th, 2008, 02:55 PM
You can use a temporary color on your length to darken it up to your natural shade. I did that once and my hair soaked up enough color that it didn't fade much and hid the growth line very well.

amaiaisabella
November 13th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I would think because you don't have a natural straight parting, that the color wouldn't look so "skunk stripe" growing out. Just remain patient, and if anything, you can always do a lot of updos or half-updos that pull the hair straight back and don't make the growth so noticable :)