PDA

View Full Version : 11 years at LHC - floor+ length again temporarily

gossamer
April 8th, 2021, 09:34 AM
Hello again old and new friends! It's that time of year again!

(Here are my previous anniversary threads: 3 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=111748), 4 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121835), 5 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130821), 6 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=137282), 7 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=142422), 8 years (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146063), 9 years (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=149491), 10 years (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=152096).)

It's been quite the year, hasn't it? Last year I speculated about another trim back to mid-calf in June. The trim happened, but it ended up being more like low calf because my partner wouldn't listen to me saying to go shorter. But he's right, so long as I'm not stepping on it or wanting to wear a braid down outside the home (which I definitely have had no need for in the last year), I don't really notice how long it is. But after nearly a year of putting it up and forgetting about it and I realized recently I'm back at floor+ by about an inch. Oops!

Taken 2 weeks ago on completely air dried hair to try and get accurate length

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44831&d=1616345039

Taken today just because anniversary thread calls for a mini photo shoot, but lighting and camera were not really cooperating. Ah well. The texture comes from a couple days worth of braid/bun waves.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45022&d=1617895232

I'm grateful for this community, and if you have any questions about how hair this long works (or doesn't), I'll be happy to try and answer them.
My routine is 100% benign neglect and cheap products, so alas there's no real secret to share though!

lakhesis
April 8th, 2021, 09:44 AM
Absolutely stunning, jaw-dropping hair :flower:

I actually send links to your videos on hair care when people outside of LHC ask me about hair, I still think they are one of the best ones on youtube! :)

TatsuOni
April 8th, 2021, 09:48 AM
Congrats! Your hair is beautiful like always! :)

SleepyTangles
April 8th, 2021, 10:49 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is gorgeous gossamer :crush:

Begemot
April 8th, 2021, 11:17 AM
Congrats and happy hair anniversary! Stunning hair :blossom: :blossom: :bottomsup:

Kake
April 8th, 2021, 11:26 AM
Very pretty. Congratulations on your anniversary.

lapushka
April 8th, 2021, 11:26 AM
I just love the way that you are so consistent with your anniversaries; I think for me it's 16 years this summer, but I think I'll just bump my 15 year old one. :lol: I know, I'm lazy. ;) :p But I don't have pictures to add, so then it's a no-brainer, right? I've had the same length since March 2018, so no change for me. :D

Love that you are floor length again, it's so fast if you aren't actively waiting for growth, I think! Love the pictures! You have gorgeous hair, gossamer! Congrats!!! :cheer:

squirrrel
April 8th, 2021, 11:29 AM
May I see your pictures, Gossamer? I love your story of the unexpected growth.

morrigan*
April 8th, 2021, 11:40 AM
Congrats. Your hair looks really nice.

Bat
April 8th, 2021, 11:45 AM

(Here are my previous anniversary threads: 3 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=111748), 4 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121835), 5 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130821), 6 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=137282), 7 years (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=142422), 8 years (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146063), 9 years (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=149491), 10 years (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=152096).)

It's been quite the year, hasn't it? Last year I speculated about another trim back to mid-calf in June. The trim happened, but it ended up being more like low calf because my partner wouldn't listen to me saying to go shorter. But he's right, so long as I'm not stepping on it or wanting to wear a braid down outside the home (which I definitely have had no need for in the last year), I don't really notice how long it is. But after nearly a year of putting it up and forgetting about it and I realized recently I'm back at floor+ by about an inch. Oops!

Taken 2 weeks ago on completely air dried hair to try and get accurate length

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44831&d=1616345039

Taken today just because anniversary thread calls for a mini photo shoot, but lighting and camera were not really cooperating. Ah well. The texture comes from a couple days worth of braid/bun waves.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45022&d=1617895232

I'm grateful for this community, and if you have any questions about how hair this long works (or doesn't), I'll be happy to try and answer them.
My routine is 100% benign neglect and cheap products, so alas there's no real secret to share though!

This is super incredible! Congratulations And what an amazing 11 years it's been for your hair. This is an inspiration, and makes me want to aim for floor length again after deciding I was just going to aim for hip+ ( thanks for lighting that fuel again) :D are you going to cut back to ankle?

Finda
April 8th, 2021, 01:24 PM
So, so awesome! Congratulations! :thudpile:

Jools69
April 8th, 2021, 01:33 PM
Congratulations. :cheer:

Hellebore
April 8th, 2021, 01:35 PM
Absolutely stunning!!!

Kibrah
April 8th, 2021, 01:48 PM
Congratulations! You hair is absolutely stunning!

shelomit
April 8th, 2021, 01:49 PM
Lovely, gossamer!

leafygreens18
April 8th, 2021, 02:04 PM
Everyone here has beautiful hair but it is rare that I see a photo and truly am taken aback, so gorgeous the length is beautiful on you! Congratulations! :applause

JasminxCat
April 8th, 2021, 02:08 PM
So beautiful. It looks perfect. I am amazed that it can be possible to have floor length hair in such perfect condition

Mariekeeee14
April 8th, 2021, 02:33 PM
Stunning, congrats :flower:

Lesley8
April 8th, 2021, 03:01 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful ��

gossamer
April 8th, 2021, 03:37 PM
Absolutely stunning, jaw-dropping hair :flower:

I actually send links to your videos on hair care when people outside of LHC ask me about hair, I still think they are one of the best ones on youtube! :)

Oh, that's a really high compliment! I made those videos ages ago because I hoped my basic advice could help people, and I'm so happy that it has!

May I see your pictures, Gossamer? I love your story of the unexpected growth.

I think it should work for you now.

This is super incredible! Congratulations And what an amazing 11 years it's been for your hair. This is an inspiration, and makes me want to aim for floor length again after deciding I was just going to aim for hip+ ( thanks for lighting that fuel again) :D are you going to cut back to ankle?

Aim for whatever makes you happy! I didn't aim for floor because before I grew to that point, I didn't even know if it was physically possible for me. But I was definitely curious to try and see what my hair did along the way!

Oh, and came back to say that I definitely want to go back somewhere more in calf length rather than just ankle. At ankle I'd just have to bug my partner to trim again sooner, and trims are this annoying production that involve me having to try to find something high to stand on so the poor guy doesn't have to get down onto the floor... it's just so annoying for us both :lol: The less often, the better!

So beautiful. It looks perfect. I am amazed that it can be possible to have floor length hair in such perfect condition

Oh, my hair is far from perfect! If I was aiming for perfect condition I would have given up on long hair ages ago. It definitely has split ends, tangles, and mechanical damage just from years (over a decade by the time it gets to floor) of existing in the world. So it goes - perfection is unachievable but there's a lot of fun to be had on the way to accepting your hair for what it can and can't be. :D

----

And I can't forget thanking everyone who wrote such nice things/greetings on this anniversary! Thank you SleepyTangles, Begemot, Kake, lapushka, morrigan*, Finda, Jools69, Hellebore, Kibrah, leafygreens18, Mariekeeee14, Lesley8, & shelomit!!

foreveryours
April 8th, 2021, 04:10 PM
So it goes - perfection is unachievable but there's a lot of fun to be had on the way to accepting your hair for what it can and can't be. :D

This, and, I find, learning the difference. Nice hair! :p

baanoo
April 8th, 2021, 04:14 PM
Gossamer! Your hair is so beautiful; every time I see one of your photos I am stunned by how lovely it is. Congratulations on another anniversary - it’s inspiring to have you here. :crush:

bparnell75
April 8th, 2021, 05:33 PM
Congratulations, You make it all seem so natural and easy. Lovely hair as always and an inspiration to us all.

EdG
April 8th, 2021, 05:57 PM
Congratulations gossamer! :hifive: :thudpile:
Ed

sipnsun
April 8th, 2021, 06:03 PM
Wow gossamer, your hair is so beautiful and truly impressive! I wish my husband would to do my trims, you are lucky to have a partner that will do it for you!:agree:

Jane99
April 8th, 2021, 06:06 PM
Gossamer, you have beautiful long hair! Congratulations on your hair accomplishments:)

maddie9
April 8th, 2021, 07:22 PM
Wow, thank you for the inspiration. I went back to look at all your yearly updates and your progress is wonderful to see - I especially loved seeing the thicker, healthier hair from a few years on LHC catch up to your thinner ends. You now have lustrous princess hair! Congrats on your anniversary :toast:

neko_kawaii
April 8th, 2021, 07:54 PM
Oh, and came back to say that I definitely want to go back somewhere more in calf length rather than just ankle. At ankle I'd just have to bug my partner to trim again sooner, and trims are this annoying production that involve me having to try to find something high to stand on so the poor guy doesn't have to get down onto the floor... it's just so annoying for us both :lol: The less often, the better!

Hahaha! I can totally envision this playing out with my spouse, too. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

Bat
April 8th, 2021, 08:32 PM
Aim for whatever makes you happy! I didn't aim for floor because before I grew to that point, I didn't even know if it was physically possible for me. But I was definitely curious to try and see what my hair did along the way!

That's understandable! I can Imagine how annoying that would be!

squirrrel
April 8th, 2021, 11:59 PM
I think it should work for you now.

It does, many thanks. It’s lovely seeing the increased thickness you have at this length now. On the getting it cut thing, that’s a point. I wonder how I would get on with cutting longer than fingertip hair on my own. Hmmmm.

Jools69
April 9th, 2021, 01:19 AM
And I can't forget thanking everyone who wrote such nice things/greetings on this anniversary! Thank you SleepyTangles, Begemot, Kake, lapushka, morrigan*, Finda, Jools69, Hellebore, Kibrah, leafygreens18, Mariekeeee14, Lesley8, & shelomit!!

You’re welcome.

Thank you for also posting links to your previous anniversaries. I revisited your YouTube channel and watched your videos. Wow, I didn’t realise how much is involved just to wash your hair, but you do it so effortlessly.

Your cat is lovely. Mine is just as inquisitive:)

0xalis
April 9th, 2021, 01:50 AM
That full-body picture of you is painting worthy!!! You look so beautiful :inlove:

The questions I have for you are:
What length would you cut back to if you did want to wear braids around the house?
And at what length did you stop wearing it down in public?

I'm not sure how long I want to grow... I really like wearing it down at home when it's not in the way.
I have this feeling that classic might be the hard limit for that, but I did know a girl with knee length hair that wore it mostly-down always!
I always thought it might be fun to try to grow to floor length just as an experiment because if I don't like it I can cut it back later :p

FrayedFire
April 9th, 2021, 01:52 AM
It's already been a year!? Not much else to say other than I look forward to next year's, by then it seems as though you won't even have thinner ends, as your taper is already hardly visible. Knowing that your terminal is floor+ must be such a trip (pun intended), thank you for sharing!

paulownia
April 9th, 2021, 02:03 AM
Absolutely stunning, magic, jaw-dropping:D
I cannot even imagine getting to such incredible lengths. Lots of patience I guess!
My goal is modest mid-back .. but my son is saying, mama you have to grow hair to the floor:D ( when he was younger he was also using expression " hair long up to the roof") he is 6 years old so not very realistic I suppose ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
April 9th, 2021, 02:14 AM
Stunning hair, Gossamer, and congratulations on another year! You are an inspiration to us all! :thudpile:

BuddhaBelle
April 9th, 2021, 02:50 AM
I just spent the morning going back through your old anniversary posts and photos. Beautiful hair and such amazing patience! Now to go stalk your YouTube channel :lol:

Garnetgem
April 9th, 2021, 02:51 AM
Oh wow stunning as ever! ..thanks for sharing your journey :)

gossamer
April 9th, 2021, 09:27 AM
Wow gossamer, your hair is so beautiful and truly impressive! I wish my husband would to do my trims, you are lucky to have a partner that will do it for you!

Thank you! Mine's cut his own hair for as long as I've known him, so it was really easy to enlist him in my hair trims too pretty soon after we started dating! It's awfully cheap this way, although I should probably get our hair shears sharpened again before my next trim. :hmm:

Wow, thank you for the inspiration. I went back to look at all your yearly updates and your progress is wonderful to see - I especially loved seeing the thicker, healthier hair from a few years on LHC catch up to your thinner ends. You now have lustrous princess hair! Congrats on your anniversary

I'm really pleased that my hair can be an endorsement for LHC techniques! I really didn't much know what I was doing when I joined here, and watching the thickness ever so slowly travel down has been quite gratifying.

Hahaha! I can totally envision this playing out with my spouse, too. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!

My big cut in 2019 took place between squabbling over the cut :lol: It's just always a production but still, cheaper and much faster than going to a salon, and he does a WAY better job than I could do myself. He's so precise!

It does, many thanks. It’s lovely seeing the increased thickness you have at this length now. On the getting it cut thing, that’s a point. I wonder how I would get on with cutting longer than fingertip hair on my own. Hmmmm.

I assume there are ways, but I've been lucky enough never to have to figure them out because I can just ask my partner for help. But it must be doable!

You’re welcome.

Thank you for also posting links to your previous anniversaries. I revisited your YouTube channel and watched your videos. Wow, I didn’t realise how much is involved just to wash your hair, but you do it so effortlessly.

Your cat is lovely. Mine is just as inquisitive:)

My cats are SO nosy. Now that I'm teaching online my students expect them to show up every class :lol: I suppose it seems like a lot of effort to wash my hair, but given that I only do it every 5-7 days, it doesn't feel like too big of a task. If my hair took too much time, I wouldn't have it this long because then it would become an inconvenience!

That full-body picture of you is painting worthy!!! You look so beautiful :inlove:

The questions I have for you are:
What length would you cut back to if you did want to wear braids around the house?
And at what length did you stop wearing it down in public?

I'm not sure how long I want to grow... I really like wearing it down at home when it's not in the way.
I have this feeling that classic might be the hard limit for that, but I did know a girl with knee length hair that wore it mostly-down always!
I always thought it might be fun to try to grow to floor length just as an experiment because if I don't like it I can cut it back later :p

Oh, I wear a braid around the house now, but I don't usually venture outside without pinning it up into a bun. The commentary from strangers is really annoying and I never feel like dealing with that. It is still annoying when my braid is thigh/knee length, but get past knee and it just seems to attract even more stares and comments. When I first cut up to mid-calf in 2019 my ends were so fresh and thick I also felt less self conscious about wearing a just above knee-length braid out with the tassle looking good instead of frayed.

When I still had knee length/upper calf length hair I did on very rare occassions wear it in a half-up in public, but eventually decided that I didn't like dealing with the tangles/damage caused by wearing it like that, or the conversations. I know lots of other people don't mind such things but I'm pretty introverted and hate talking to random strangers, especially when it's unsolicited commentary about my body!

It's already been a year!? Not much else to say other than I look forward to next year's, by then it seems as though you won't even have thinner ends, as your taper is already hardly visible. Knowing that your terminal is floor+ must be such a trip (pun intended), thank you for sharing!

:rollin: ahhh that pun!

Absolutely stunning, magic, jaw-dropping:D
I cannot even imagine getting to such incredible lengths. Lots of patience I guess!
My goal is modest mid-back .. but my son is saying, mama you have to grow hair to the floor:D ( when he was younger he was also using expression " hair long up to the roof") he is 6 years old so not very realistic I suppose

Awww your son sounds SO cute! :lol: I'm not sure about patience really. There's only a few times I've felt actively impatient about my hair, and it was actually only after joining LHC. I really wanted to get to knee, which felt like it took forever, and then there was about a year in 2014 (i think?) where it was like "am i at floor yet? no?? augh hurry up" but really, I'm just lazy about my hair, not patient!
----

And also thank you foreveryours, baanoo, bparnell75, EdG, Jane99, FrayedFire, Sarahlabyrinth, BuddhaBelle, & Garnetgem!

MusicalSpoons
April 9th, 2021, 09:56 AM
Your hair is awesome as ever gossamer :inlove: What really tickled me though was 'past floor again, oops' - only at LHC :rollin: I can understand the nonchalance because if one puts their hair up, ignores it beyond the necessary care and doesn't think about it then the growth really does sneak up (or rather, down), but it's the element of it being *at floor* without necessarily noticing that makes it exceptionally cool :laugh:

Anyway, congratulations on another year and continued hair improvement! You are an excellent example of how benign neglect really can work :D

Bill D.
April 9th, 2021, 10:42 AM
Congratulations, Gossamer! Your hair is always so inspiring, and thanks for sharing your photos and commentary.

squirrrel
April 9th, 2021, 01:57 PM
I assume there are ways, but I've been lucky enough never to have to figure them out because I can just ask my partner for help. But it must be doable!

My cats are SO nosy. Now that I'm teaching online my students expect them to show up every class :lol:

I looked it up online. I found it quite difficult to find instructions for hair that long but eventually came across someone on YouTube who videoed a self trim on knee length hair (taking off a couple of inches, finishing still at knee length). She used several hair ties to do it.

Awww, the cute kitties. I would have loved cats saying hello in class. My cat loves to be on my knee when I am working, and sometimes says hello to people through the camera. A colleague sent me a picture of her screen when the kitty did so one afternoon. That was fun!

spidermom
April 9th, 2021, 02:20 PM
It's such a pleasure to join the party and appreciate your imperfect hair for what it is! I'm glad we got a chance to meet and eat appetizers together in Washington. I live in Ohio now so if you're ever coming to the Cleveland area, maybe we could do a repeat but for desserts this time. Lol!

gossamer
April 10th, 2021, 10:10 AM
Thank you, Bill D and MusicalSpoons!!

I looked it up online. I found it quite difficult to find instructions for hair that long but eventually came across someone on YouTube who videoed a self trim on knee length hair (taking off a couple of inches, finishing still at knee length). She used several hair ties to do it.

Oh, that makes a lot of sense - lots of hair ties should help keep hair in place so you can get an orderly hem!

It's such a pleasure to join the party and appreciate your imperfect hair for what it is! I'm glad we got a chance to meet and eat appetizers together in Washington. I live in Ohio now so if you're ever coming to the Cleveland area, maybe we could do a repeat but for desserts this time. Lol!

That was such a fun afternoon! I will absolutely come have desserts with you if I'm ever in your new area!! :heart:
For anyone curious, here's my little thread after that meet: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=137169

Zesty
April 10th, 2021, 01:35 PM
That second picture is gorgeous! It's always a treat to see your hair and get a peek at your "journey." It must be lovely to have a partner who can trim your hair. Mine would be terrified to do so :lol: but I suppose I don't have as much length to spare.

Happy anniversary! :)

gossamer
April 12th, 2021, 06:42 PM
That second picture is gorgeous! It's always a treat to see your hair and get a peek at your "journey." It must be lovely to have a partner who can trim your hair. Mine would be terrified to do so :lol: but I suppose I don't have as much length to spare.

Happy anniversary! :)

Thank you, Zesty, and sorry for missing this lovely comment you left two days ago! :blossom:

elise.autumn
April 12th, 2021, 06:54 PM
Your hair is very epic, gossamer! Also, I admire your snarky YouTube comment responses to the creeps. I appreciate both your hair and intelligence. :)

gossamer
April 12th, 2021, 07:15 PM
Your hair is very epic, gossamer! Also, I admire your snarky YouTube comment responses to the creeps. I appreciate both your hair and intelligence. :)

Haha, thanks! I deleted one comment recently instead of approving it, something how how I'm a mean horrid person for how rude I am to commenters and it's a good thing I'm not famous because I don't deserve love... or something along those lines. I guess one of the weirdos got mad that I didn't want to date them. :lol: I'm always really happy when people post with legitimate things to talk about or ask questions that I know how to answer, and I love hearing from people who feel my videos can help them!

BuddhaBelle
April 13th, 2021, 12:56 AM

Haha, thanks! I deleted one comment recently instead of approving it, something how how I'm a mean horrid person for how rude I am to commenters and it's a good thing I'm not famous because I don't deserve love... or something along those lines. I guess one of the weirdos got mad that I didn't want to date them. :lol: I'm always really happy when people post with legitimate things to talk about or ask questions that I know how to answer, and I love hearing from people who feel my videos can help them!

The comments are so uncomfortable but your replies are hilarious! I don’t know how you can keep your cool some of them made my skin crawl :shudder:

cestlavie
April 13th, 2021, 02:03 AM
Congratulations Gossamer! Your hair is truly a huge inspiration!

vampyyri
April 13th, 2021, 03:56 AM
Oh my goodness Gossamer, beautiful as always! It's always so nice to see you around here :heartbeat I hope all is well with you (or as well as it can be during these weird times) :grouphug:

CuteCrow
April 13th, 2021, 06:45 AM
OMG What a mane! :thud: I'd be lying If I didn't say that's some real hair goals there. Happy LHC-anniversary!

victor_tinyduck
April 17th, 2021, 06:17 PM
WOW your hair is gorgeous!! I always love seeing people with a similar hair texture to me with really long hair because I believed for a long time that my hair would never grow very long because it was so fine :/ So your hair is super inspiring (& also like my dream length)!!!

nicolezoie
April 17th, 2021, 11:44 PM
I use a banana clip parallel to my shoulders, and pull it down from my neck to where my arms run out behind my back, solidly grip length and bring it over one shoulder, and continue pulling down to the ends. Banana clip comb-teeth keep hair aligned downwards, and it also serves as a hemline guide.

And yes there is absolutely a balance point between hair density, health, and the ability to grow super long. Over time, your hair will tell you what needs, what it doesn’t like, and what to do with it. The hard part is figuring out how to listen.

gossamer
April 19th, 2021, 10:26 AM
So sorry for not replying to comments from last week! I crawled into an introvert hole for a few days where even though I knew it would only take me 10-15 minutes to reply to these, it felt like crushingly difficult work. It's not you, it's just me and my annoying brain, sorry!

Here's a hair style I tried for the first time today and I really like it - I decided to try the "off-coiled bun" but with a braid instead. SO MANY spin pins and 3 extra large hairpins hiding away in this all...
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45127&d=1618848945

The comments are so uncomfortable but your replies are hilarious! I don’t know how you can keep your cool some of them made my skin crawl :shudder:

Oh the worst ones I don't even let post, I just delete them outright instead of approving them. I really just want there to be a clear indication that a) I love actually helping people who have long hair and b) I really have NO PATIENCE for dudes who are watching my videos for prurient reasons and assuming that just because I've made a hair tutorial, that automatically means I want to be hit on. C'mon dudes!

Congratulations Gossamer! Your hair is truly a huge inspiration!

Thank you!

Oh my goodness Gossamer, beautiful as always! It's always so nice to see you around here :heartbeat I hope all is well with you (or as well as it can be during these weird times) :grouphug:

Weird times indeed! It's good to see you around too, thanks for the lovely compliment and I hope you're doing alright as well!

OMG What a mane! :thud: I'd be lying If I didn't say that's some real hair goals there. Happy LHC-anniversary!

Thanks! :flower:

WOW your hair is gorgeous!! I always love seeing people with a similar hair texture to me with really long hair because I believed for a long time that my hair would never grow very long because it was so fine :/ So your hair is super inspiring (& also like my dream length)!!!

My fine hairs definitely love tangling most of all, so I think that's why LHC protective styling and gentle care has been a huge help for me over the years. Things like learning how to wait until my hair is dryer so it's less grabby and I can actually detangle it, or realizing that protein and I are not friends (it works for others, but my poor hair just gets really tangly from it) were extremely helpful, and as you can see if you go back a few years in my photos, the thickness really has traveled down quite a lot!

I use a banana clip parallel to my shoulders, and pull it down from my neck to where my arms run out behind my back, solidly grip length and bring it over one shoulder, and continue pulling down to the ends. Banana clip comb-teeth keep hair aligned downwards, and it also serves as a hemline guide.

And yes there is absolutely a balance point between hair density, health, and the ability to grow super long. Over time, your hair will tell you what needs, what it doesn’t like, and what to do with it. The hard part is figuring out how to listen.

Thank you for sharing about your self trim method! I totally agree about the difficulty of figuring out what works. I think it's normal for people who join this community to go through a couple years of experimentation, but once you find what works, everything becomes so much simpler!

embee
April 20th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Beautiful beautiful! :)

gossamer
April 21st, 2021, 09:08 AM
Thank you, embee!!

lunalocks
April 21st, 2021, 10:11 AM
Just lovely! As always! Thanks for the update.

LOVE that new bun!

As beautiful as your hair is in these pics, I can attest that it is even more stunning in person.

gossamer
April 21st, 2021, 06:08 PM
Just lovely! As always! Thanks for the update.

LOVE that new bun!

As beautiful as your hair is in these pics, I can attest that it is even more stunning in person.

Thank you, lunalocks! That lovely morning where we met for coffee and had a long chat, way back in 2016, is such a great memory. I'm so glad to have met you!!

zashin66
April 23rd, 2021, 12:00 AM
Gossamer you inspired me into LHC-itis for sure and certain. Now my tips are hanging around knee and I am hoping for more. Thank you for being so cheerful, honest, and sharing of your hair journey and pictures. You inspired fun and enjoyment along my hair journey. I am glad for LHC and the people like you that make it so special here.

I'm so sorry I didn't register your latest anniversary. I tend to just go on and off quickly these days; pretty short time online.:wannabe::hollie:

Bright
April 23rd, 2021, 10:07 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful and you wear the length so well, it looks so natural and effortless!

Dark40
April 23rd, 2021, 10:55 AM
Gossamer, your hair is very stunning! And, your length is an inspiration to all of us! I really love your Youtube videos! I'm going to go lurk your videos now! :lol:

gossamer
April 23rd, 2021, 04:44 PM
Gossamer you inspired me into LHC-itis for sure and certain. Now my tips are hanging around knee and I am hoping for more. Thank you for being so cheerful, honest, and sharing of your hair journey and pictures. You inspired fun and enjoyment along my hair journey. I am glad for LHC and the people like you that make it so special here.

I'm so sorry I didn't register your latest anniversary. I tend to just go on and off tquuckly hese days; pretty short time online.:wannabe::hollie:

Absolutely no need to apologize!! One of the best things about message boards like this is how threads can last as long as people want (well, so long as we behave! :cheese:). Thanks so much for letting me know that my silliness has been helpful and inspiring for your own time here! :blossom:
------

Also, thank you Bright & Dark40!

AmaryllisRed
April 23rd, 2021, 09:53 PM
Happy anniversary!
I appreciate how simple your routine is. Benign neglect and cheap products for the win!

Beatnik Guy
April 24th, 2021, 12:28 PM

Somehow, I missed this thread before, so am rather late to the party! Congratulations, gossamer!

My cats are SO nosy. Now that I'm teaching online my students expect them to show up every class :lol:

Had to :D about this comment too.

gossamer
April 25th, 2021, 12:02 PM
@AmaryllisRed: Hooray for Suave and other cheap brands! I cannot wrap my mind around spending more when, for me, this stuff works just fine. I really couldn't do this whole long hair thing if it was expensive and complicated. I'm much too cheap and lazy!

@Beatnik Guy: Great to see you around here again! And I LOVE seeing other people's pets in online meetings now too. I had to interrupt myself during one class and coo over a student's PUPPY!!

YvetteVarie
April 30th, 2021, 01:29 AM
I love that bun you did Gossamer. It looks very elegant, and has a very old world feel to it