PDA

View Full Version : Two (or three!) BSL measurements

florenonite
March 23rd, 2008, 09:23 AM
I've decided to have two BSL measurements. Why, you may ask? Well, several months ago I decided that BSL would be the base of my shoulder blades, or 23", which is about two inches below my APL measurement. Consequently, I've now reached this upper-BSL. If I had measured my BSL to the bottom of my bra strap (27"), I would likely have gotten frustrated by the expanse between APL and BSL and cut, but now with the short distance I feel more as if I've achieved something (do you see what I'm saying? I need lots of mini-goals so I don't get discouraged). However, using such a high BSL, I have miles to go to waist (miles being 6"), so I've decided to use a lower-BSL measurement at the bottom of my bra strap, and possibly include a mid-BSL as well, as the top of my bra strap. Anyone else with a painfully slow growth rate (or particularly curly hair) that wants to join me in having multiple BSL measurements?

Carina
March 23rd, 2008, 09:37 AM
I'm also very close to bsl.Look at the picture.;) I use my bra to measure with.
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg2/Elin-Carina/Bild092-1.jpg

prosperina
March 23rd, 2008, 10:43 AM
Clearly great minds think alike. :D I understand your reasoning, and I was thinking about this the other day. My hair definitely hits the bottom of my shoulder blades, but it just barely skims the top of my bra strap, and hits it when stretched. I know other people would call that BSL, but I feel as if it's somehow cheating, but OTOH it's definitely longer than APL since I have pictures of APL to compare. But if BSL is equivalent to mid back length, it can't be BSL...since it's nowhere near the middle of my back. So I guess instead of APL + I should say BSL1? I like that. BSL2 will be at 26.5/27 inches and will be MBL. Or I could say BSL, then MBL. LOL. I am really over thinking this. All these milestones seem fairly artificial and hair just doesn't always conform!

Masara
March 24th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Since finding that I had at leat an inch (or even 3 inches depending on how I measure) between lower shoulder blade and bra strap, I've been doing this in my mind for a while.
I need as many mini goals as possible. So I have SBL (shoulder blade) and BSL (bra strap)

florenonite
March 24th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Yay! I'm glad I'm not the only one crazy enough to have multiple mini-goals. Although really it makes sense, if they're a couple inches apart you achieve one or two a year, making the growing process less painful.