PDA

View Full Version : Hair wont curl at the root!!!!!

valeriamorales
March 31st, 2021, 10:10 AM
Hi, i have 3b/3c curls and my hair at the roots is straight with a slightest of a wave and the rest is curly. Does anyone know any tips for this? Anything is appreciated.:)

lapushka
March 31st, 2021, 10:34 AM
Has it always been like this? Is it recent? Did you do anything differently, if so?

More info is definitely useful. Like, your routine, how often you wash, what with, etc. and so forth. :)

valeriamorales
March 31st, 2021, 10:47 AM
I wash my hair every 2-3 days. With a sulfate-free shampoo then follow up with a silicone-free conditioner. After my shower, I will syle with a Denman brush while my hair is still when with a leave-in. Then when all of my curls have formed (still not having the curls at my roots) I will put a gel and/or mousse on my hair by slinging my hands over the top layer of my hair. I started doing the curly girl method in September and it has always been like this, even before.

lapushka
March 31st, 2021, 11:04 AM
I wash my hair every 2-3 days. With a sulfate-free shampoo then follow up with a silicone-free conditioner. After my shower, I will syle with a Denman brush while my hair is still when with a leave-in. Then when all of my curls have formed (still not having the curls at my roots) I will put a gel and/or mousse on my hair by slinging my hands over the top layer of my hair. I started doing the curly girl method in September and it has always been like this, even before.

Silly question, maybe, might be you already know this, but do you clarify-wash (so get all the gunk out with a sulfate shampoo) on the regular?

If not, the time is now to do it!

valeriamorales
March 31st, 2021, 11:48 AM
I have tried water and baking soda recently and it worked for a clarifying treatment, still the same though with my hair. How often do you think I should be doing this?

Ylva
March 31st, 2021, 12:16 PM
I have tried water and baking soda recently and it worked for a clarifying treatment, still the same though with my hair. How often do you think I should be doing this?

Baking soda is very damaging to skin and hair due to its high pH. It is basically like using peroxide (what you combine with bleach powder to create a lightening formula) on the hair.

I recommend a good old cheap sulfate shampoo.

valeriamorales
March 31st, 2021, 12:44 PM
Baking soda is very damaging to skin and hair due to its high pH. It is basically like using peroxide (what you combine with bleach powder to create a lightening formula) on the hair.

ok, thank you for the tip

MusicalSpoons
April 1st, 2021, 08:14 AM

It's not even that good at actually clarifying if you have buildup from the products you normally use, it's just darned abrasive and horrible without necessarily cleansing. So yes, a cheap sulphate shampoo will be miles better!

BerrySara
April 1st, 2021, 08:47 AM
Hi, i have 3b/3c curls and my hair at the roots is straight with a slightest of a wave and the rest is curly. Does anyone know any tips for this? Anything is appreciated.:)

Hi valeriamorales, I have 3b/3c curls and what has helped me is when I apply products and style my hair (scrunch to the roots) with my head upside down. It tends to lift the hairs at the roots from sticking together and lets my hair hang freely and curl as I scrunch all the way to the roots. I also slightly defuse for 10 min or so (to help the air drying along) at the roots with my head upside down or hanging to the side which helps set the curls and products in a "cast".