PDA

View Full Version : Is there any sort of “hairstyles by length” thread/ YouTube playlist/ comp anywhere?

Handel'sWig
March 20th, 2021, 01:17 PM
I’m at waist, and looking for new hairstyles can get frustrating at times. My hair is often too long for typical “long hair” hairstyle videos on YouTube,which are usually geared towards apl through mbl hair, but too short for a lot of LHC styles, most of which are made for tbl or longer hair. Is there any sort of index I can refer to with styles specifically for waist length hair?

GordonMurphella
March 21st, 2021, 04:01 AM
Well, Google is a marvelous thing :)

Finda
March 21st, 2021, 04:12 AM
It really varies a lot from person to person depending on their hair characteristics. The lower the ponytail circumference the earlier you can do a bun. The higher the ponytail circumference the longer your hair needs to grow until you have enough hair left to wrap around the base. In case you have a thick hemline, it will also take longer until you can safely secure a bun. With fairytale ends or taper it works earlier. Some people can do a bun at bsl, other have to wait until they are well past waist for the same bun to work. With a bit of practice, parting your hair might work: Make an lwb with half your hair and wrap the rest around your base. Or the disk bun might work earlier.

lapushka
March 21st, 2021, 05:05 AM
Your best bet is to go towards the thread for your length (yes there are threads per length here). Which one do you need?

SparrowWings
March 21st, 2021, 02:51 PM
I bookmarked this one ages ago. It's certainly not comprehensive, but might give you someplace to start: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=82713