PDA

View Full Version : I might go for a major hair change for my 19th birthday!

Stardreamer
March 19th, 2021, 01:38 AM
My 19th is in a week's time, and since my 18th birthday was on the first day of lockdown I want to do something big. I want to dye my hair blue but I know next to nothing, having never dyed my hair. I want to either get highlights, balayage or ombre. If I get ombre then that would be the foundation for blue hair.

My hair is medium brown, and I don't know what colours/shades of blonde/light brown would go with it. What if I make a mistake going to the hair salon and the colour doesn't match my skin tone or eye colour? What do I need to know before getting something done? There's no way I want to get pure blonde ombre because it would be so weird if I was part blonde. Any tips are welcome

baanoo
March 19th, 2021, 05:25 AM
If the colorist is good, they’ll be able to do both the balayage / ombré (and the blue later if you choose). Spend some quality time looking at photos of people with similar natural color and hair, and look at the portfolio of the colorist so you feel confident in their ability to see your hair/complexion objectively.

Good luck!

Handel'sWig
March 19th, 2021, 07:30 AM
Hi fellow almost-19 year old! Happy B-day early! Mine is in early April. I really want to stay 18 because 19 is only 1 year away from 20 and I don't want to be 20 because then I'm no longer a teenager and that's wayyyy to adult. help. :couch:

JasminxCat
March 19th, 2021, 05:56 PM
Happy early birthday x
Ask your stylist what they would recommend for your color, what type shade of blue, etc. If the foundation will be ombre then I don't think you can go wrong with whatever you choose, can always change it up later

Jane99
March 19th, 2021, 08:37 PM
My only recommendation is to use a hair person who is recommended, and also who has good looking hair themselves. I’ll skip my story but I’m sure you can put the pieces together! Her hair was so badly bleach damaged, BTW!

Stardreamer
March 20th, 2021, 01:53 AM
Thanks guys for the advice. I'm a complete newbie

Handel'sWig Happy early birthday to you too! I'm actually looking forwards to turning 19. I'm essentially an adult yet 25 is defined as an adult so it's like, what?? But I want to get a bit older and a bit more mature haha.