PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone watch Isabella Demarko?

bubbles04
February 25th, 2021, 02:07 PM
I was watching one of her videos and she talks about how her hair transitioned from straight to wavy/curly. But it seems like she doesn't want to accept it and keeps straightening it.
Have you watched her ?

Bri-Chan
February 25th, 2021, 02:39 PM
Yes, I follow her since the viral video. I find her videos very entertaining. I find kinda sad she doesn't accept her hair :/ at the same time, at least with straight hair she feels more confident.

lapushka
February 25th, 2021, 03:24 PM
I don't think I would be interested in someone that doesn't accept their natural texture, but that's me. I actually had to look her up. I had no clue who this person was. That being said, I don't generally like the "popular" channels. ;)

That being said, whenever I try and click on her channel, I can't get it to go there. YT for the rest is fine.

SelenVinland
February 25th, 2021, 04:53 PM
Lapushka, I think YouTube is having some issues. I heard that same complaint from someone else regarding a different channel.

I do watch Isabella Demarko, and if I remember right she recently made the choice to move away from making so many hair-focused videos. I think that was probably the right choice for her, since obsessing over her hair wasn’t making her very happy.

Iyashikei
February 25th, 2021, 08:19 PM
I've seen a few videos here and there but nothing that really caught my eye. She does need to be more positive about her own hair from what I've seen though.

kikuhoshi
February 25th, 2021, 09:41 PM
Nothing super constructive to add, but I do wonder how long-term (6-12 month minimum) NWSO would work for her.

AutobotsAttack
February 25th, 2021, 11:25 PM
I don’t care much for her hair stuff, but when she posts nail videos I quite like them

cestlavie
February 26th, 2021, 12:40 AM
I actually like her hair videos but I agree that she could've had a more positive attitude towards her hair. Because I think that would help her in the long run. Oh well, it is her who has to 'wear' her own hair and if that means she wants to straighten it, then who am I to critize?

kimgeas
February 26th, 2021, 03:34 PM
I watched her while I was also growing my hair to waist (goal reached now). I honestly think she shouldn't be so bounded by the 'rules' (cgm, no silicones etc.) and just do whatever makes her hair feels and looks good. She wants to 'fix' her hair by hoping hair care would change her natural texture. And that's not the way. There is nothing wrong with wanting shiny non-frizzy hair, just use heat and silicones if they are what you need and that's not somehow 'less good'. There is more than one way to have pretty long hair and people can use both while also keep hair healthy.

Hexana
February 27th, 2021, 12:32 AM
I watched a couple of her hair videos and I must say that I don't get how she didn't see the change in her hair. Comparing her first hair videos to her last you can see a clear difference that her hair is fuller, thicker, and more healthy-looking, even if it is a bit frizzier. And of course, it can't be as shiny looking if it's not as straight... It's sad that she doesn't see how beautiful and healthier her hair has gotten.