PDA

View Full Version : Anyone's hair take FOREVER to dry

valeriamorales
February 23rd, 2021, 10:02 AM
My hair takes forever to dry. I wash my hair around 5 PM by 9 PM it is about 15% dry when i go to sleep then when i wake up it is 65% dry by 8 AM. I think that it is because its winter here but does anyone know any way to help it dry faster.

florenonite
February 23rd, 2021, 10:17 AM
My hair doesn't dry at night. Where I live the winters are cold and dry, and if I'm in bed for 9 hours it'll go from wet to damp while I sleep, but when I lived in a milder, wetter climate (Scotland) it was still more damp than not when I woke up in the morning and would take the better part of the day to dry.

Honestly, my best advice to help it dry faster is blow dry. If you use a cool setting and a diffuser and don't over-dry your hair you should be fine.

Feral_
February 23rd, 2021, 10:54 AM
Not now I don’t wash it :p If I get caught in the rain it dries very quick, under an hour.
Welcome to the forum! :)

valeriamorales
February 23rd, 2021, 11:07 AM
thanks, I actually don't own a diffuser so I will just sit by a fan :)

lapushka
February 23rd, 2021, 11:55 AM
My hair takes forever to dry. I wash my hair around 5 PM by 9 PM it is about 15% dry when i go to sleep then when i wake up it is 65% dry by 8 AM. I think that it is because its winter here but does anyone know any way to help it dry faster.

Welcome here first of all! :)

8+ hours for me and that was when I was BSL. Even up to 12 now that I am classic length.

I towel dry for about 30 minutes (microfiber towel), then I detangle, put my stylers in, and then airdry for 2-4H. After that the diffuser can get it dry in 5 minutes tops. The airdrying helps majorly cut down on blowdrying time. But I need to diffuse/blowdry.

There is a rule for that. If you can hold your hand in the airstream without it burning, then that temperature is *fine* for your hair as well. There is absolutely no reason to walk around with wet hair for over a day.

None!

Anyway, HTH! :D

spidermom
February 23rd, 2021, 12:03 PM
Yep - forfreakingever except in the summer when it's hot.

lapis_lazuli
February 23rd, 2021, 12:07 PM
Yes. That's why I scalp wash as much as possible to delay the full washes.

Cg
February 23rd, 2021, 12:24 PM
I blow dry, and not on cool either. I use the warm setting for several minutes, rest for several minutes, repeat, repeat. After the third session it's dry enough not be be annoying.

tekla
February 23rd, 2021, 12:53 PM
I would also suggest using a dryer/diffuser. Like lapushka said, it's not damaging if it's not burning your skin. When hair is wet, it's in a vulnerable state so speeding up the drying might be good for hair and helps to keep it in good condition.

lapushka
February 23rd, 2021, 01:42 PM
I blow dry, and not on cool either. I use the warm setting for several minutes, rest for several minutes, repeat, repeat. After the third session it's dry enough not be be annoying.

I use the setting that is down from "burning", so warm. Otherwise I can be there like for 30 minutes without anything drying. ;)

foreveryours
February 23rd, 2021, 01:47 PM

It also rains quite a bit in December/January no? At least that's how I remember it.

My hair dries very quickly - a few hours max. But here climate is ARID. Even the snow is dry. :p

vampyyri
February 23rd, 2021, 02:14 PM
Yes, this is why I usually blow dry it on the warm setting—I don't have time to be down and out with my hair sopping wet :lol: I also scalp wash daily so I don't have to wash the lengths so often :D

Lesley8
February 23rd, 2021, 03:18 PM
Welcome
Mine takes ages to dry, wash it in the morning and it takes until the next morning before being fully dry.

Feline
February 23rd, 2021, 08:31 PM
I usually wash in the evening, leave it in a large towel for about an hour, then air dry until bedtime. It's usually still damp by the time I go to bed, but pretty dry in the morning.

valeriamorales
February 23rd, 2021, 08:59 PM
It also rains quite a bit in December/January no? At least that's how I remember it.

yes it does rain alot during winter

illicitlizard
February 25th, 2021, 12:32 AM
Yep, I have to use a blowdryer in the cooler months to dry my hair, otherwise it takes the whole day. Right now it only takes a few hours, I squeeze the water out intermittently with a microfibre towel. Then rely on the constant air conditioning drying out the air and occasional exposure to the 30C+ degree weather outside.

Definitey blowdry if you can, some people's hair just takes ages naturally.
Mine pretty much never dries overnight either :(

Simpscone
February 25th, 2021, 04:36 AM
Yep, mine takes hours to dry! And if I go to sleep with it even damp it definitely will still be that way in the morning.

Summer's aren't as bad, if I was in a warmer climate my hair would dry much quicker. If I'm in a rush I would diffuse my hair with a hairdryer too, but with being in the house all the time during the pandemic I rarely do that at the moment and just let it do it's thing.

I always remember seeing Lapuska's rule about if the heat isn't too much for your skin it will be fine for your hair a long time ago, and it changed my life :lol:

gingerninja
February 25th, 2021, 05:46 AM
The one thing I feel has cut my drying time in half is investing in an aquis waffle hair turban which is also super comfy to do things in while your hair is up in it as it doesn't unravel like a normal towel.

Finda
February 25th, 2021, 11:40 AM
My hair flocks together and those strands take forever to dry. That's why I very carefully brush my hair shortly after taking it out of the towel. That reduces drying time to two hours max but of course it also dissolves most of my waves.

valeriamorales
February 25th, 2021, 04:33 PM
The one thing I feel has cut my drying time in half is investing in an aquis waffle hair turban which is also super comfy to do things in while your hair is up in it as it doesn't unravel like a normal towel.
how long do you leave it on for?

gingerninja
February 26th, 2021, 06:30 AM
Only 15 minutes and then my hair comes out slightly damp, I've been using regular microfibre towels for years but this one is something special.