PDA

View Full Version : Lent Hair Challenge 2021

g_lou
February 11th, 2021, 08:14 AM
Hi so Lent is just around the corner and since it's a time to practice self-discipline and frugality, why not with out hair as well? (Please let me know if this thread already exists!! This is my first thread so let me know if I'm doing it wrong ;))

For the rules I was thinking no buying any hair toys or products and no trimming but there's plenty of things you could give up. Could be stretching washes or wearing your hair up everyday, not using heat etc. Any habit you've been trying to get get into (or trying to break :D). Any money you save can be a bonus or can go to charity - I was thinking a wig charity if anyone's got suggestions.

Of course you don't need to be religious, it can just be a 40 day challenge :) Lent starts Wednesday the 17th (February) this year and lasts until Easter which is the 4th of April

BuddhaBelle
February 11th, 2021, 08:31 AM
Ooooh I love this idea! I’m not religious myself but I love challenges relating to the time of year.

I would like to buy no more hair products! I might even ban myself from buying hair sticks but that sounds overwhelming haha!

Edit: I’ve been looking for some acrylic hair sticks so I ordered some last night and now I am banned from any new hair purchases for the rest of lent!

Bat
February 11th, 2021, 07:01 PM
I'm not reglious in any shape of form but I see the word challenge and I have to accept it even though I fail pretty much all of them.

My personal challenge will be...

No Trims or Shag/Mullet like I've been wanting.

No Hair Items that includes dyes products etc

Only take one length check photo in March for recording purposes.

No Dye, No Bleach this includes root touch up, over all Color and even deposit dye touch up.

Pay off as much debt as possible

Here goes lol

JasminxCat
February 12th, 2021, 03:18 AM
Trying to get into the habit of wearing my hair up to keep it protected and out of my obsessive compulsive mind. It's been a week and this might be the longest my hair has been up in my life (thanks to spin pins for not giving me a headache)
Normally feel self conscious and so try to hide my anxieties by wearing it down, but trying to learn how to be more comfortable with myself. It feels nice not having to blow hair and brush it out of the way every minute

BuddhaBelle
February 12th, 2021, 04:10 AM
I'm not reglious in any shape of form but I see the word challenge and I have to accept it even though I fail pretty much all of them.

My personal challenge will be...

No Trims or Shag/Mullet like I've been wanting.

No Hair Items that includes dyes products etc

Only take one length check photo in March for recording purposes.

No Dye, No Bleach this includes root touch up, over all Color and even deposit dye touch up.

Pay off as much debt as possible

Here goes lol

Yay! Sounds like it’ll give you some good length to make decisions with!

Trying to get into the habit of wearing my hair up to keep it protected and out of my obsessive compulsive mind. It's been a week and this might be the longest my hair has been up in my life (thanks to spin pins for not giving me a headache)
Normally feel self conscious and so try to hide my anxieties by wearing it down, but trying to learn how to be more comfortable with myself. It feels nice not having to blow hair and brush it out of the way every minute

I felt weird about having my hair up so I joined the wear your hair up challenge, I’m almost at 30 days and it feels completely normal now. Cutting a fringe in definitely helped but i’m not encouraging that!!

g_lou
February 12th, 2021, 05:01 AM
Thanks for joining me everyone :)
Bat not taking length shots is a good idea!
agreed BhuddaBelle I wear my hair up way more after I cut shorter pieces in the front.

Bat
February 12th, 2021, 07:17 AM
Good luck to us all

CurlySpaceGirl
February 12th, 2021, 07:23 AM
This is a really nice idea. Well done on donating saved money to a charity, as well! :cheer:

I don't have any specific plans, but I've been doing really well since December. So I'm going to aim to continue the good work. Keep oiling, keep watching my ends for splits, keep up the good work.

barnet_fair
February 14th, 2021, 03:39 AM
Great idea. Thank you, g_lou.

I'm committing to not going online shopping for clothes or hair products/toys during Lent. I've been using the cold weather as an excuse to buy more than I need (there's no excuse, however, for my scrunchie collection...).

Good luck all with your committments and do drop in to this thread for support. :)

Sparkles122
February 14th, 2021, 09:10 AM
I forgot lent is so close! This year is starting to go by quick. I think I might have to give up buying hair products for lent.

g_lou
February 17th, 2021, 02:15 PM
Day 1 complete !! Doesn't feel like Ash Wednesday without the ash :( fingers crosses we're out of lockdown by Easter - I've bought my dress already

It was wash day for me and I noticed there's only a bottle and a half of conditioner in my stash... I'm not convinced we'll make it 40 days. Although this might be the perfect opportunity to try a vinegar rinse instead :D

BuddhaBelle
February 18th, 2021, 01:20 AM
Day 1 complete !! Doesn't feel like Ash Wednesday without the ash :( fingers crosses we're out of lockdown by Easter - I've bought my dress already

It was wash day for me and I noticed there's only a bottle and a half of conditioner in my stash... I'm not convinced we'll make it 40 days. Although this might be the perfect opportunity to try a vinegar rinse instead :D

Hoping you get to have your festives soon! Al i know is I enjoyed some nice pancakes on Shrove tuesdays :)

Oh yes try a vinegar rinse! The last thing I ordered for this challenge was oils and soap nuts to try some more natural hair care, looking forward to using this time to experiment

Bat
February 20th, 2021, 03:49 AM
I failed already lol, I did a length check, good luck for everyone else taking part

BuddhaBelle
February 20th, 2021, 04:51 AM
I failed already lol, I did a length check, good luck for everyone else taking part
I don’t think it’s worth giving up, just add another week or so onto the end of the challenge:)

Bat
February 20th, 2021, 04:53 AM
I don’t think it’s worth giving up, just add another week or so onto the end of the challenge:)

I might do that good idea!

g_lou
February 21st, 2021, 05:05 AM
Oh yes try a vinegar rinse! The last thing I ordered for this challenge was oils and soap nuts to try some more natural hair care, looking forward to using this time to experiment

Please update on the soap nuts when you use them, I'd love to know how well they work for you

BuddhaBelle
February 21st, 2021, 05:38 AM
Please update on the soap nuts when you use them, I'd love to know how well they work for you

I will! I think I might try them later on this week if I can work out what to use a a conditioner

g_lou
March 16th, 2021, 01:41 PM
I accidentally slipped and bought a hair mask, whoops ;) I've been doing well apart from that and I swear my hairs grown at least an inch since we started

Bat
March 17th, 2021, 04:04 AM
I failed this so hard lol! I cut, colored, took more length checks etc, the only thing I've been good with somewhat is slowly paying off debt, and I haven't bought a hair product since before lent started

BuddhaBelle
March 17th, 2021, 07:29 AM
I bought some hair masks but apart from that I've been very good... Still going to try and finish the challenge though,

g_lou
March 31st, 2021, 12:18 PM
Glad I'm not alone :) not going to lie I'm glad I bought that shea moisture mask, I really like it ! home stretch now which is convenient because I've run out of conditioner and it's too hot to stretch washes

Joyful Mystery
April 22nd, 2021, 11:24 AM
Great thread idea! I JUST came back to the LHC so I missed out on this challenge but I'd love to see this again next year.