PDA

View Full Version : Which grows faster, your eyebrows or hair?

Priska
February 6th, 2021, 04:01 PM
I have read in a few texts that hair grows faster than eyebrows, but I definitely find that my eyebrows grow almost one centimeter per day. 😂 Especially I see that if I start eating some vitamins.

Bri-Chan
February 6th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Unfortunately, on me brows grow faster :p

JasminxCat
February 6th, 2021, 05:15 PM
I used to over pluck my eyebrows and many of them don't grow back anymore :(
My brows used to grow fast but I've plucked them too often over the years. I'm leaving them absolutely alone for 6 months to see if some might fill back in

lapushka
February 6th, 2021, 05:31 PM
I used to over pluck my eyebrows and many of them don't grow back anymore :(
My brows used to grow fast but I've plucked them too often over the years. I'm leaving them absolutely alone for 6 months to see if some might fill back in

There is a thread on here (lemme look) about growing back brows. Took me a couple years of not plucking (at all, so not even to keep it "neat" and within the "lines"). Just let it go totally wild, and then you see that often the middle part stays bald until at the very end. It took quite the patience not to "keep it neat" and pluck the wild hairs. But I didn't and now they are as thick as ever, and it looked like they weren't growing back too!

Anyway, here's the thread:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125661

JasminxCat
February 6th, 2021, 05:48 PM
There is a thread on here (lemme look) about growing back brows. Took me a couple years of not plucking (at all, so not even to keep it "neat" and within the "lines"). Just let it go totally wild, and then you see that often the middle part stays bald until at the very end. It took quite the patience not to "keep it neat" and pluck the wild hairs. But I didn't and now they are as thick as ever, and it looked like they weren't growing back too!

Anyway, here's the thread:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125661
Thank you! I'm tempted to pluck them to get an even shape, they look awful right now. I've been trying to grow them out for close to a year now, I haven't seen much improvement so far, very little growth and the growth that's coming in is very thin compared to what they used to be. I'm hoping over some time they will thicken and fill more evenly. I don't even know what my natural shape is anymore, its been so long :D I know they were very bushy before that's for sure

Hexen
February 6th, 2021, 05:54 PM
I think my eyebrows may have reached terminal length.

lapis_lazuli
February 6th, 2021, 06:10 PM
I think my eyebrows may have reached terminal length.

lol same and they're practically non-existent :rolleyes:

BuddhaBelle
February 7th, 2021, 03:10 AM
I WISH my eyebrows grew like my hair, i’ve barely got any

Feral_
February 7th, 2021, 03:23 AM
I have read in a few texts that hair grows faster than eyebrows, but I definitely find that my eyebrows grow almost one centimeter per day. �� Especially I see that if I start eating some vitamins.

Really?? If that was actually true you would have hair falling down your face! :lol:

Eyebrows are a different hair than head hair. That’s why someone’s eyebrows can still be dark when their head hair is turning grey - like mine :hmm:

And male pattern baldness doesn’t affect eyebrows - you get bald males with bushy eyebrows.

Jools69
February 7th, 2021, 06:59 AM
I have read in a few texts that hair grows faster than eyebrows, but I definitely find that my eyebrows grow almost one centimeter per day. �� Especially I see that if I start eating some vitamins.

It’s not something that I’ve ever noticed, but then I don’t routinely pluck my eyebrows.

What I do notice is other body hair appearing to grow quicker than my head hair. Whether it’s down to hormones (I have PCOS), or that it’s much more noticeable being shorter.

florenonite
February 7th, 2021, 07:20 AM
It’s not something that I’ve ever noticed, but then I don’t routinely pluck my eyebrows.

What I do notice is other body hair appearing to grow quicker than my head hair. Whether it’s down to hormones (I have PCOS), or that it’s much more noticeable being shorter.

I think the latter is pretty common. I don't notice a month's growth on my head hair, but I certainly notice my leg hair going from smooth to stubbly to fuzzy in less than a month if I don't keep up with shaving.

BuddhaBelle
February 7th, 2021, 08:27 AM

I think the latter is pretty common. I don't notice a month's growth on my head hair, but I certainly notice my leg hair going from smooth to stubbly to fuzzy in less than a month if I don't keep up with shaving.

me too! i get a 5'o'clock shadow if I shave my legs in the morning, but I reach "terminal" length on my legs pretty quickly! Though my armpits seem to keep coming :shudder:

lapushka
February 7th, 2021, 08:45 AM
OT, but my leg hair? If I use the electric shaver (called a "ladyshave" here) once a week on the lower legs, I see little 2/3mm bits on the machine. Barely worth doing that every day. For a couple mm a week! Nope, my leg hair definitely grows fairly little, the hair that's remained over these years anyway.

JasminxCat
February 7th, 2021, 09:42 AM
I think my leg hair grows faster than any hair on my body. Half a cm a week. If I don't shave for a month I got scrawny man legs

Jools69
February 7th, 2021, 10:53 AM
me too! i get a 5'o'clock shadow if I shave my legs in the morning, but I reach "terminal" length on my legs pretty quickly! Though my armpits seem to keep coming :shudder:

I know what you mean. Since lockdown, I’m a right hairy old beast at the moment. :lol: Although I do keep my facial hair in check, as they do grow quick and long. :oops:

BuddhaBelle
February 7th, 2021, 11:10 AM
I think my leg hair grows faster than any hair on my body. Half a cm a week. If I don't shave for a month I got scrawny man legs

I know! I can't believe men get to walk around with their gorilla legs and we don't.

I know what you mean. Since lockdown, I’m a right hairy old beast at the moment. :lol: Although I do keep my facial hair in check, as they do grow quick and long. :oops:

me too!! i got very very lucky with my peach fuzz being white blonde, otherwise I think I would have a moustache hahaha

Suortuva
February 7th, 2021, 02:25 PM

Same here, I haven't shaved my body hair since the beginning of October, so I think they have reached their terminal length a while ago. And now we are talking about several centimetres.

FaeBroom
February 7th, 2021, 06:11 PM
My leg hair is actually pretty short and sparse, but dark. I don't shave for a weeks weeks at a time, then I notice oh! I have monkey legs! and shave. The hair is much softer since I stopped worrying about shaving every single day, I feel like letting it grow for a bit makes it less blunt.

I also have TONS of eyebrows that start to grow back after about a week after I wax or pluck. omg. I haven't gotten them done in a while, and I probably should. I remember once my aunt was talking to me about she has no eyebrows from overplucking, and she told me I had nice, thick eyebrows and that I shouldn't touch them. I broke it to her that I do get them waxed and they would be a lot bigger if I didn't :lol: . I have used castor oil on an old mascara brush to grow back a hole in my eyebrow hair, and it did work pretty well!

I'm not sure if my eyebrows grow much faster than my head hair, though people comment that my head hair grows fast. That same aunt hadn't seen me in almost a year (due to COVID) and she said my hair grew a lot since the chop. I think I'm just a hairy person (we should have a cousin Itt emoji).

Hexen
February 7th, 2021, 06:25 PM
I just dont wanna become a "Mentat" from the movie "DUNE".

irsviel
February 7th, 2021, 06:41 PM

Same here. I don't know about my eyebrows. They grow in a shape so I only have to touch that up but eyebrow hairs grow sparsely around which I can't pluck properly because of my glasses. I have my eyebrows professionally plucked sometimes but the beautician only cares about the shape which I can do too and leaves the hairs that I actually can't remove because I can't see them properly.

akurah
February 7th, 2021, 06:51 PM
I just dont wanna become a "Mentat" from the movie "DUNE".

:rollin: Now I'm wondering what Denis Villeneuve is gonna do with those eyebrows. (cause I need to post something more than the emoji otherwise I don't have enough characters to reply...)

Laurel Rose
February 7th, 2021, 07:02 PM
I'm embracing my wild brows now but when I did (over) pluck I noticed my hair grew faster than my brows. My 'other' hair grows way faster and my leg/armpit hair has about the same growth rate as my head hair.

Hexen
February 7th, 2021, 07:19 PM
:rollin: Now I'm wondering what Denis Villeneuve is gonna do with those eyebrows. (cause I need to post something more than the emoji otherwise I don't have enough characters to reply...)

:rollin: well....they better be bushy or else it just isnt gonna fly. (That is unless they get caught facing into a very strong wind) :D

And yeah, that's when I punch the period, or often times the hyphen key just to take up some space under the post haha.

pisinoe
February 7th, 2021, 07:42 PM
My hair, for sure! But I let my brows grow back for 3 months (just cleaning up in the middle and a few random strays) and they grew back completely :)

Priska
February 8th, 2021, 01:05 AM
Really?? If that was actually true you would have hair falling down your face! :lol:

Eyebrows are a different hair than head hair. That’s why someone’s eyebrows can still be dark when their head hair is turning grey - like mine :hmm:

And male pattern baldness doesn’t affect eyebrows - you get bald males with bushy eyebrows.
Well, if I eat vitamines, definitely I must pluck my eyebrows at least every third day and after plucking in a couple of days I find new, at least 1/2cm long hairs in them. But they sure are different hairs from scalp's hair and stop growing after reaching certain length and that's why they usually don't hang...

Dark40
February 9th, 2021, 01:27 PM
Unfortunate on me it's my eyebrows grow faster than my hair on my head. I have tor trim my eyebrows every 3 days! My hair on my head only grows 1.5" per month.

SleepyTangles
February 9th, 2021, 02:39 PM
I would say my hair, but my brows are quite feathery and a shade lighter than my hair... So maybe they're just less conspicuous.

Hairkay
February 9th, 2021, 05:14 PM
I have no idea if the growth rate of my eyebrows are different than scalp hair. I never plucked or shaved mine. They're the perfect thickness that I have always been happy with.

AutobotsAttack
February 9th, 2021, 07:03 PM
My hair by a long shot. Hate when I pluck too much of my brows. I look weird for like a month

Xlena
February 10th, 2021, 05:15 AM
My eyebrows grow about 1mm a week so I guess my hair grows faster, idk

Kwolf248Mane
February 11th, 2021, 05:21 PM
I think my hair grows faster because I usually pluck my brows once a month or so.