PDA

View Full Version : Haircare influencers on Instagram?

bubbles04
February 1st, 2021, 09:12 AM
Do you follow anyone or have a favourite in particular?

I used to follow one influencer called trulykimberly but unfollowed shortly as all her posts are sponsored and she never posts any tips. Its always a product who is giving her beautiful hair.

What about you?

lapushka
February 1st, 2021, 09:49 AM
I just happen to follow larger families on YT. "The WADS" is such a channel, and the mom Kim(berly), mom of 4, has gorgeous long locks to boot. She's still quite young 20/30s.

I also follow "amy maryon" and she does home cuts (compact cut on herself) and then there's "Our Tribe of Many" with gorgeous curls throughout (also fitfrugalmom, but no special long hair there).

To me something I follow first of all has to be *functional*. I will not follow someone just because of their hair, unless they happen to be on LHC, and I can support the channel somehow (any way I can).

And... no smartphone, so no instagram. Boy, where are the days that phones were just to call & text. :lol: ;) :p

MusicalSpoons
February 1st, 2021, 12:04 PM
And... no smartphone, so no instagram. Boy, where are the days that phones were just to call & text. :lol: ;) :p

I have Instagram (a private account only) on my tablet, and refuse to put it on my phone! I find having a phone is very handy though (heh heh, German pun unintended) especially for the camera.

But to the original topic, no, I don't follow any influencers.

Aredhel
February 1st, 2021, 12:12 PM
I honestly don't follow any because most are either just ad after ad for hair products that pay these people to advertise...or you have to pay the influencer to subscribe to them for their "REAL" customized hair tips, which IMO is probably a big fat scam. :rolleyes:

And to add about smarphones...hilariously I don't use my phone at all to call or text. I use my phone exclusively for social media, and the camera for photos. Since my line of work is heavily dependent on both. :)

BuddhaBelle
February 1st, 2021, 01:08 PM

I have Instagram (a private account only) on my tablet, and refuse to put it on my phone! I find having a phone is very handy though (heh heh, German pun unintended) especially for the camera.

Social media marketing is my job so unfortunately i can’t get rid of my phone entirely, but I bought myself a £17 button phone to have on my days off and it’s been quite refreshing :)

No long hair influencers on my side either! Maybe one of us will have to start the trend

TatsuOni
February 2nd, 2021, 11:29 AM
I don't follow any influencers, but lots of LHC:ers and other hair accounts. Some posts lots of DIY hair products and such. So I recommend to stay away from the "influencers" and find some good smaller accounts if that's the content you're after.

I'm mostly follow people for the pictures and hairstyles.

0xalis
February 2nd, 2021, 06:53 PM
I stay away from the "influencers" as well and primarily follow other people who are going through hair journeys like we are, many of whom are LHCers.

You can find my hair account linked in my siggy down there V, and from there if you click the "456 Following" you can find lots of hair accounts!
I recommend any and all of the hair accounts on that list :) (I do follow some non-hair accounts, but it's 90% hair.)

If you want to follow one of the private accounts, make sure that your account has content on it, especially helpful if it's actually hair-related.
A lot of people keep their hair blogs private because of the creepy people :( So if you have an empty insta, they probably won't approve your follow request.

Zesty
February 2nd, 2021, 06:55 PM
I follow hair "influencers" and they are a reason I've been put off Instagram a bit so maybe I should unfollow, huh? :p Many of them have obnoxious sponsorships, yes, but also many of them are so dogmatic about haircare, especially about the benefits of "natural"/"organic" products, which is a pet peeve of mine. Or they're perpetuating misinformation with their platform. :shrug:

Finda
April 25th, 2023, 02:18 PM
I follow hair "influencers" and they are a reason I've been put off Instagram a bit so maybe I should unfollow, huh? :p Many of them have obnoxious sponsorships, yes, but also many of them are so dogmatic about haircare, especially about the benefits of "natural"/"organic" products, which is a pet peeve of mine. Or they're perpetuating misinformation with their platform. :shrug:

Your comment was a while ago, but I totally agree!

I recently discovered gingersnark. I really like her content. It's a mixture of hair(styles) and cosplay. Her hair is about tailbone, almost classic and I especially like her "hair throughout the week" reels.

ArtOfNoot
April 25th, 2023, 02:43 PM
OrganicallyAnna on instagram (and YT) has some cute posts. She does seasonal growth challenges which helped me out when I grew bored of hair-growing (somewhere in the mid-back abyss when I needed encouragement :cheer: )

MadHouseWitch
April 25th, 2023, 03:02 PM
I find it funny this came up actually. I used to follow a few people on Instagram (before I deleted it) One was Holistic Enchilada (I'm still on email list) and there was another but I forget who it was... These were CURL influencers rather than long hair, but as it is hair it still counts in my book. Holistic Enchilada was okay, but there was that "buy my info" thing... which I wont do, we live in the digital age, I'll dig it up myself LOL. The other one, well.... over a period of time I found that her routine worked REALLY well for me... BUT I also found that it really should have been "routineS" because there was NOT just ONE... it was whatever product line happened to sponsor the latest thing. And I found that one HUGE issue with the curls side, was that the next best product was always out there, just waiting for you to try it! TRY THEM ALL!

honorable mention I like Manes By Mel on Youtube, but I don't follow all of what she says I just watch for tips I might like to try, right now that isn't much LOL

It truly is one thing I've loved about the LHC over the years (mostly I lurk) but I learned most things I do here first, I may have done the method from a different source but that is because I'm pretty thorough in my research, that and I'd given up for a while on "long" and went to "curls". Now I'm back haha

Ultimately, the hair influencers are a BIG reason I left IG, I just hit a breaking point where I knew it wasn't really helpful to me

Nefcerka
April 26th, 2023, 06:52 AM
I do follow some hair accounts on instagram, but not for advice - nothing can compare to the tried and tested LHC! I unfollowed those with heavy advertisement. Mostly I just look at the hairstyles or length for inspiration, I don´t watch reels or think twice about what they say.

Für immer
April 27th, 2023, 01:28 AM
No, I don't follow any influencers.
Most of those I follow on instagram can be found here on LHC, and those that aren't, you'd expect to find here. :p

Your comment was a while ago, but I totally agree!

I recently discovered gingersnark. I really like her content. It's a mixture of hair(styles) and cosplay. Her hair is about tailbone, almost classic and I especially like her "hair throughout the week" reels.

Gingersnark is one of my favorites as well. :D

Diana Prince
April 27th, 2023, 02:01 AM
I follow Anisa Sojka on Instagram, but only because I love her pictures. I don't actually follow her advice nor her hairstyle recommendations (I don't have hair as thick as hers and it wouldn't look good on me). But she has the healthiest/smoothest hair I've ever seen in my life and she isn't problematic at all (most influencers are quite annoying at least).

sarana
April 27th, 2023, 02:43 AM
I follow a couple of longhairs on IG, not for info but for inspo and aesthetics. Lil miss louise is one. But I've been considering unfollowing, because all of them have hair four times as thick as mine, and I fear they're setting an unachievable standard for me. Does anyone know any IG models with very thin but long hair?

tuanyiji
April 27th, 2023, 03:50 AM
I follow thick long hair models for some sort of manifestation lol. But no, I won't buy their products, ever.

Bri-Chan
April 27th, 2023, 03:58 AM
I like Organicallyanna.

Aerya
April 27th, 2023, 06:33 AM
I'm not active on Instagram but I did follow a couple of influencers for the inspiration a while back. I quickly unfollowed, however, as most of them were just pushing sponsored products. I found the culture to be quite the contrast to LHC - on Instagram it seems to be all about using this and that product, oiling your scalp, and using those needle roller things, with dramatic before/afters showing pictures of sparse, damaged hair next to their now luscious locks. As if genetics and not damaging your hair in the first place isn't the most important factors to having long, thick and healthy hair... Whereas here, it's generally agreed upon that the main thing to do is to figure out what works for you and aside from that, leave your hair alone. I much prefer the LHC mindset, and I am so appreciative of having a corner of the internet that is still free from the relentless product promotion that seems to be everywhere else. Obviously it's totally fine if someone prefers to do an intricate routine and use fancy, all organic products, but I just especially love it everytime someone with super long and healthy hair is using, like, cheap shampoo from the grocery store and baby oil as a leave in.

That being said, I'm sure there are great hair influencers out there, not to mention all the people on Instagram who have gorgeous hair but aren't "hair influencers" in the sense that their accounts are all about their hair.

tuanyiji
April 27th, 2023, 07:40 AM
LOL the before and after.
if anyone has ever looked at oneself in the mirror, they would know wet/greasy hair and dry hair behave totally differently close to the scalp. Photos taken on the same day before and after wetting the scalp can be drastically different. Also, let’s not forget about photoshop, keratin treatments, volumizing powder, hair extensions, toupees, and wigs, They would do anything to sell a product.

embee
April 28th, 2023, 12:13 PM
Nope, no instagram.

My "hair influencers" are here, on TLHC. Thank you all for being here, for showing off your beautiful hair, updo styles, for sharing your routines, and your concerns, for making this place a good place to hang out. :)

Bat
April 28th, 2023, 05:13 PM
I'll generally try and follow everyone who follows me on my hair account or if someone has super long hair as Inspiration

momof3mary
April 28th, 2023, 07:35 PM
I haven't been on instagram. My teenagers like it, though I made them turn off the location thing. I don't know, I feel like the people here are honest about their hair care journeys and the products involved more so than "influencers" with paid promotions.

angel-baby
May 3rd, 2023, 12:46 PM
I’ve been following hauntedmaiden forever, to the point that we’re mutuals and have a sort of friendship. I love her
Goth aesthetic and she’s super friendly.
Lilmisslouise inspired me to want to grow my then-APL hair out properly long again. And once I decided I wanted to grow my natural color out and eventually be brunette again I started following trulykimberly (some of the most beautiful brown hair I’ve ever seen!), xobeth3, holistichabits, and jessjessu

FlowerMoonFairy
May 6th, 2023, 11:24 AM
I try to stay away from influencers on social media, instead on instagram I follow others who are in the long hair community or are on hair journeys too:p

lapushka
May 6th, 2023, 11:31 AM
I love Lana Summer.

Nefcerka
May 8th, 2023, 04:05 AM
I just remembered one influencer, not primarily haircare influencer, many of you will know her - fullyrawkristina. While I no longer follow her, I did watch all her hair videos on youtube and I think her hair is very lovely.

lapushka
May 11th, 2023, 11:17 AM
I just remembered one influencer, not primarily haircare influencer, many of you will know her - fullyrawkristina. While I no longer follow her, I did watch all her hair videos on youtube and I think her hair is very lovely.

I can't say I ever heard of her.