PDA

View Full Version : Starting again + updates!

Dominga
January 22nd, 2021, 03:03 AM
I'm back after some months of ghosting here and there..
Many things happened to me from october till now!
On december 5th i decided to cut my hair, well not all of it! I went from 71 centimeters to 63! Why you ask..
Well, I've had a major shedding on August out of nowhere and It was not seasonal shedding.. Why? Because it never happened to loose so much hair every day, I was not bald but to me that was not normal.. On fall I was still shedding, which was actually the seasonal one so my hair never had a moment of peace with the shedding.
I was very doubtful about it so took some blood tests and it came out that i have HYPOTHYROIDISM which unfortunely is hereditary.. So i came to the conclusion that because of my thyroid that was not working well, my hair decided to leave my scalp:D:D
So i got it fixed with a pill (hormones) that I have to take for the rest of my life and since then my hair has grown like crazy! It does not shed like before and its healthier that ever.
But something had to be done, because of the massive shedding I had, the ends were looking empty so i had to chop those 8 cm that were looking disgusting and i cried a bit but it felt like a massive weight was off my shoulders..
Now im at 65 cm so i got my 2cm a month growth back and i hope to reach classic lenght with full healty hair!
This is a quick update to what happened to me this past few months, i still read all your topics and now im back on track!

lapushka
January 22nd, 2021, 04:49 AM
Welcome!

Glad you have your health under control now! :) That's a good thing and the best news ever, and your hair of course is an awesome bonus.

Congrats on getting healthy! :D

Bat
January 22nd, 2021, 05:11 AM
I came In here expecting someone who had super long hair now got a pixie, happy to see that was not the case, it's great you are feeling better, your avatar picture looks great,!

Begemot
January 22nd, 2021, 05:44 AM
Sorry to hear about your health trouble! Fortunately things are getting back to normal :) Wishing you lots of speedy growth! :blossom:

Bri-Chan
January 22nd, 2021, 07:19 AM
Welcome back! I remember your troubles about shedding. With your growth you'll gain those 8 cm quickly :blossom: happy new hair journey!

TatsuOni
January 22nd, 2021, 09:06 AM
Welcome back! :)

Dominga
January 24th, 2021, 10:59 AM
Thank you to every single one of you!❤️

Iyashikei
January 24th, 2021, 11:11 AM
I remember your shedding problems. Luckily you found the source and a cure. Anyways, welcome back!

MusicalSpoons
January 24th, 2021, 04:34 PM
Sorry you had shedding, but I'm glad you both identified the problem *and* were able to fix it! Happy regrowing :D

lapis_lazuli
January 24th, 2021, 06:05 PM
Welcome back! I'm glad your health is returning :)

Dark40
January 24th, 2021, 07:34 PM
Welcome back! I'm so sorry about your health problems and the hair shedding. I'm glad your health is back to normal and there is no more shedding. Don't worry. One of these days you will be at classic soon! Happy growing! :blossom: