PDA

View Full Version : 3 Years of Growing! [with pics]

illicitlizard
January 22nd, 2021, 12:20 AM
I did it, and I didn't even realise it!
Jan 17th marked the 3 year anniversary of shaving my head. I went for the big chop just to see what it was like, with the added bonus of cutting off my very overprocessed hair.

I always intended to grow it out again, and so glad that I found LHC to help stay on the straight and narrow whilst I did! Thank you for being such a helpful and supportive community from my growth obsessed first few months to now :o :blossom:

The goods:
My hair 17 Jan 2018, early Jan 2019, early Jan 2020.
https://i.imgur.com/eOSfBQ9l.jpg
My hair now, 22 Jan 2021, 3 years of progress with a few trims in between, I'm now at just over 25"/BSL!
https://i.imgur.com/yuoSuyDl.jpg

Will add more pics in reply.

illicitlizard
January 22nd, 2021, 12:24 AM
Bonus, some of my favourite hair pics since starting to grow out!
First proper braids, first disc bun, first lazy wrap bun
https://i.imgur.com/r0ZTqaJm.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/rP23fHCm.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/CjtwCQbm.jpg
Heatless curls
https://i.imgur.com/PEHECDkm.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/qQvJzmxm.jpg
Braided updo
https://i.imgur.com/p8nS216m.jpg https://i.imgur.com/RzGZ9Wrm.jpg

That's all, thanks for indulging me :p

WavyWannabe
January 22nd, 2021, 12:25 AM
Wow. Time flies! Really pretty hair, with a neat thick hemline! Congratulations :)

MissMuse
January 22nd, 2021, 12:28 AM
I love it, you have the most beautiful hair. It's grown so fast too, well done for persevering :)

Bat
January 22nd, 2021, 12:32 AM
So great! I love seeing your progress!

Lady_Eowyn
January 22nd, 2021, 12:41 AM
Lovely hair and hairstyles! Congratulations on the progress!

paper.wyrm
January 22nd, 2021, 12:48 AM
That's amazing, such fast growth, and it looks so healthy and thick at the ends.

Lady Stardust
January 22nd, 2021, 01:01 AM
Congratulations! That’s amazing progress. Your hair is beautiful and, as I’ve mentioned to you before, it inspires me to keep growing.

illicitlizard
January 22nd, 2021, 01:43 AM
Wow. Time flies! Really pretty hair, with a neat thick hemline! Congratulations :)
Thank you! I know right? Seems like only yesterday I was desperately waiting to get to shoulder length!

I love it, you have the most beautiful hair. It's grown so fast too, well done for persevering :)
The perseverence is much easier when this forum is here to give me excellent inspiration and the 2 week rule :p

So great! I love seeing your progress!

Lovely hair and hairstyles! Congratulations on the progress!
Thanks, looking forward to being able to do more buns in the future!

That's amazing, such fast growth, and it looks so healthy and thick at the ends.
Thank you! I'm surprised I could maintain so much length for sure. Trim on Jan 2nd was excellent for end thickening, not sure if I'll be able to maintain such a nice hemline once I get past waist...

Congratulations! That’s amazing progress. Your hair is beautiful and, as I’ve mentioned to you before, it inspires me to keep growing.
Ah, thank you! Glad I can add to the pool of hair inspo, never thought I'd be there!

JasminxCat
January 22nd, 2021, 02:35 AM
Wow amazing. Beautiful progress
How did you do the heatless curls?

lakhesis
January 22nd, 2021, 02:38 AM
Beautiful and healthy hair!
And I really really like the braided updo, so elegant :flower:

BuddhaBelle
January 22nd, 2021, 02:58 AM
BEAUTIFUL HAIR! and great dedication! I've always wondered what it'd be like to shave my head but I would be way too scared. Your hair looks in lovely condition and such a nice colour!

illicitlizard
January 22nd, 2021, 03:02 AM
Wow amazing. Beautiful progress
How did you do the heatless curls?
Thanks!
It's the ever trendy robe curl method, I used this video as guidance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8o9oExf39k

Beautiful and healthy hair!
And I really really like the braided updo, so elegant :flower:
Thank you :) The braiding is something I need to do more, I'm pretty much never satisfied.

illicitlizard
January 22nd, 2021, 03:05 AM
BEAUTIFUL HAIR! and great dedication! I've always wondered what it'd be like to shave my head but I would be way too scared. Your hair looks in lovely condition and such a nice colour!

Thank you so much! Yeah going buzzed isn't something to do lightly, but I feel like the only way to get over the urge is to do it. I'd recommend it to anyone who desperately wants to and can find the patience to grow it out past the awkward stage :P

JasminxCat
January 22nd, 2021, 03:10 AM
Thanks!
It's the ever trendy robe curl method, I used this video as guidance https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8o9oExf39k
Those are gorgeous, thank you. Definitely going to have to try that.
Keep up the amazing progress, much inspired :)

Dragon
January 22nd, 2021, 03:19 AM
Amazing progress, looks so healthy.

Sarahlabyrinth
January 22nd, 2021, 03:53 AM
Such gorgeous hair! :crush: Congratulations!

ioanaxena
January 22nd, 2021, 04:02 AM
Your hair is very beautiful! :crush: And it's so nice to have a timelapse of growing it.

Zesty
January 22nd, 2021, 05:04 AM
How beautiful, in both color and condition! And your hairstyles are impeccable, I love the braided updo in particular. Congrats on so much growth and on sticking to it!

Begemot
January 22nd, 2021, 05:40 AM
Congratulations! :joy: :blossom: :blossom: Beautiful journey!

Bat
January 22nd, 2021, 05:45 AM
Thank you so much! Yeah going buzzed isn't something to do lightly, but I feel like the only way to get over the urge is to do it. I'd recommend it to anyone who desperately wants to and can find the patience to grow it out past the awkward stage :P

I feel like that sometimes and not touching dyes but I look hedious I've done it a few times and still dyed my hair anyway!

Mariekeeee14
January 22nd, 2021, 06:10 AM
Congrats, so satisfying to see your progress so clearly!:flower:

xanthochromia
January 22nd, 2021, 06:14 AM
Wow, what wonderful inspiration for those of us starting at the shorter lengths! It looks fantastic in all of the pictures, but I particularly love the heatless curls!

Feral_
January 22nd, 2021, 06:45 AM
Wonderful seeing the progress and what you have achieved with your hair fu skills! :blossom:

Bri-Chan
January 22nd, 2021, 07:22 AM
Wow, that's a lot of growth! Beautiful hair.

ReadingRenee
January 22nd, 2021, 08:53 AM
Wow! That is very inspiring and your hair is so pretty! It grew out so nicely too. Did you have many trims along the way?

TatsuOni
January 22nd, 2021, 09:05 AM
Congrats! Your hair is beautiful! :)

Finda
January 22nd, 2021, 09:26 AM
Such awesome progress :)

lapis_lazuli
January 22nd, 2021, 10:11 AM
Congrats on 3 years!! Wonderful hair and progress :)

Stagecoach
January 22nd, 2021, 10:15 AM
Gorgeous hair, and such beautiful styles!

Shorty89
January 22nd, 2021, 10:22 AM
That's great progress! Your hair is gorgeous.

Garnetgem
January 22nd, 2021, 12:57 PM
Congrats on 3 years and you have achieved such healthy growth!

lapushka
January 22nd, 2021, 01:43 PM
Wow! What a journey. :D I think it looks great now (pretty white outfit too). :)

Love your heatless curls. That turned out amazing.

Congratulations. I love the color, and look at the nice full hemline. You did great!!!

ynne
January 22nd, 2021, 02:49 PM
Congratulations on the anniversary, fast growth & really lovely hair. c:

Carrie's hair
January 22nd, 2021, 03:19 PM
Huge congratulations. You have beautiful hair. I'm impressed.

Dark40
January 22nd, 2021, 03:36 PM
Wow, that's amazing growth! Your hair is so beautiful! It really grew fast! I love the different hair styles too!

DropStitches
January 22nd, 2021, 04:42 PM
Congratulations! As someone currently still in the ‘desperate to get to shoulder’ stage of growing out a buzzcut, this is truly inspirational. Also, your hair is gorgeous - the rich golden colour makes me think of an elegant French biscuit!

illicitlizard
January 22nd, 2021, 06:27 PM
Your hair is very beautiful! :crush: And it's so nice to have a timelapse of growing it.

Congrats, so satisfying to see your progress so clearly!:flower:

Thanks! I can highly recommend taking pictures of your progress (when it comes to anything physical) it's so satisfying to see!

How beautiful, in both color and condition! And your hairstyles are impeccable, I love the braided updo in particular. Congrats on so much growth and on sticking to it!

You're making me blush, thank you! Now only 3 more years to go and I might be happy with the length!

Wow, what wonderful inspiration for those of us starting at the shorter lengths! It looks fantastic in all of the pictures, but I particularly love the heatless curls!
:agree: The curls are so fun (I did them again last night), the joy of shorter lengths is you can really see the progress!

Wonderful seeing the progress and what you have achieved with your hair fu skills! :blossom:
Hair fu fighting always :p

Wow! That is very inspiring and your hair is so pretty! It grew out so nicely too. Did you have many trims along the way?

According to my records (about me section) I've trimmed 4 times since starting to grow, however, I think there was another trim there in the first year (pre-LHC perhaps?) that I haven't written down. There were certainly some awkward months where it absolutely did not look nice growing out, but that's part of the process!

Congrats! Your hair is beautiful! :)
Thank you, that means a lot from someone with such long and amazing hair (with the best updo skills too)!

Wow! What a journey. :D I think it looks great now (pretty white outfit too). :)

Love your heatless curls. That turned out amazing.

Congratulations. I love the color, and look at the nice full hemline. You did great!!!
Thank you lapushka! You've been a great inspiration for bringing patience to my growing journey. It's nice to hear your encouragement and see your posts, they're a wealth of information :D

Congratulations! As someone currently still in the ‘desperate to get to shoulder’ stage of growing out a buzzcut, this is truly inspirational. Also, your hair is gorgeous - the rich golden colour makes me think of an elegant French biscuit!
Hang in there, it'll happen eventually, and even quicker if you stop focusing on it (easier said than done)! What a compliment, now I want a buttery french biscuit :yumm:

Thank you everyone for such lovely words! Here's to another 3 years!

bokeh
January 22nd, 2021, 09:56 PM
Congratulations! What a lovely transformation.

gossamertresses
January 23rd, 2021, 06:59 PM
Saw this on Reddit as well! Your hair is gorgeous <3

lapushka
January 25th, 2021, 05:09 PM
Thank you lapushka! You've been a great inspiration for bringing patience to my growing journey. It's nice to hear your encouragement and see your posts, they're a wealth of information :D

You are so sweet! :D
Thank you for saying that! :)

illicitlizard
January 25th, 2021, 08:33 PM
Thank you bokeh!

gossamertresses haha yep, I wondered how many people on here were also on reddit, seems like a few! I've certainly seen some other people's pics there who post here too. Thank you :)

iyi
January 26th, 2021, 08:28 AM
Your hair growth is amazing and it looks fantastic. Your pics have inspired me to keep trying to learn. I especially love the heatless curls!

shelomit
January 26th, 2021, 03:05 PM
Whoa! Congrats : )