PDA

View Full Version : How Long Is Your Ponytail?

Bat
January 9th, 2021, 04:33 AM
Welcome to the how long is your pony tail thread can be half ups as well, like me it's all I can do currently pictures welcome

Dark40
January 15th, 2021, 05:59 PM
I would say the measurements for my ponytail is 7 inches long, and the thickness in diameter is 3 or 4 inches I think. I really haven't measured the thickness of my ponytail in diameters.

Bat
January 15th, 2021, 09:44 PM
I would say the measurements for my ponytail is 7 inches long, and the thickness in diameter is 3 or 4 inches I think. I really haven't measured the thickness of my ponytail in diameters.

This isn't a ponytail measurements thing it was more targeted at shorties who can't tie up their hair but it didn't really work lol so didn't bother bumping it

lapushka
January 16th, 2021, 06:39 AM
This isn't a ponytail measurements thing it was more targeted at shorties who can't tie up their hair but it didn't really work lol so didn't bother bumping it

You could open it up to a general measurement thread? Right? Not that difficult. Otherwise it's kinda pointless. ;)

Ever thought of putting that kind of stuff in your blog on here? Do you have one yet? :)

Bat
January 16th, 2021, 08:18 PM
You could open it up to a general measurement thread? Right? Not that difficult. Otherwise it's kinda pointless. ;)

Ever thought of putting that kind of stuff in your blog on here? Do you have one yet? :)

Everyone is misunderstanding what this topic was z I must be bad at explaining

This is like a no measuring/checking and was more of a you can't Measure until you can tie up 90% of your hair thing, got the idea from someone in the no length check topic

I tried blogging but most of my stuff didn't get noticed so I stopped

SelenVinland
January 16th, 2021, 09:10 PM
Are you wanting this to be a comparison pic type of post? I sometimes length check my ponytail by taking a picture of my hair tied up to both compare the amount of hair that makes it in and how long it is compared to when I started tying it up.

KokoroDragon
January 16th, 2021, 09:30 PM
I think I understand what you're saying, Bat. It's a goal thread, like the growing chin to shoulder or knee length+ threads, but instead of measuring by body parts it's measured by if you can make a ponytail. Is that what you mean?

Bat
January 16th, 2021, 11:19 PM
I think I understand what you're saying, Bat. It's a goal thread, like the growing chin to shoulder or knee length+ threads, but instead of measuring by body parts it's measured by if you can make a ponytail. Is that what you mean?

Mostly that you also don't length check until you can do a ponytail and when you can you graduate

Bat
January 16th, 2021, 11:20 PM
Are you wanting this to be a comparison pic type of post? I sometimes length check my ponytail by taking a picture of my hair tied up to both compare the amount of hair that makes it in and how long it is compared to when I started tying it up.

More like you don't length check till ,90% of hair can fit in one ponytail.

I didn't think it would cause the confusion it has xD

GordonMurphella
January 17th, 2021, 03:06 AM
Dear Bat, you are such a sweetie but I agree it may be a good thing for you to do a blog. There's so many similar posts and goals from you that kind of overlap and clearly, are confusing. It seems a little self-defeating, in my humble opinion.

Bat
January 17th, 2021, 04:15 AM
I need to stop posting full stop

Blogs didn't work for me either

( I lie, it actually did help)

leayellena
January 18th, 2021, 04:35 AM
in a low ponytail, my hair reaches a bit to mid-thigh, low-thigh.
in a normal ponytail (ear length), my hair reaches ftl.
I don't do high ponytails. I think my hair would reach hip length+ though (?)
loose hair reaches mid-thigh/low-thigh

Bat
January 18th, 2021, 04:41 AM
in a low ponytail, my hair reaches a bit to mid-thigh, low-thigh.
in a normal ponytail (ear length), my hair reaches ftl.
I don't do high ponytails. I think my hair would reach hip length+ though (?)
loose hair reaches mid-thigh/low-thigh
That's so cool, I'm just in barely half ponytail stage, most is still too short!

lapushka
January 18th, 2021, 04:41 AM
High up (peacock-twist style'ish), my ponytail reaches waist. I haven't measured another way yet, at the nape, it is my usual length.

Bat
January 18th, 2021, 04:42 AM
High up (peacock-twist style'ish), my ponytail reaches waist. I haven't measured another way yet, at the nape, it is my usual length.

Very nice! One day one day!

lapushka
January 18th, 2021, 08:56 AM
Very nice! One day one day!

You will get longer, give it time, Bat! And if you need to maintain a side-shave, then do it. You mentioned you like it, so why torture yourself, right? Long hair with a side-shave is also pretty! :)

Dark40
January 18th, 2021, 09:30 AM

Ok, so sorry for the misunderstanding of the thread

Bat
January 18th, 2021, 04:27 PM
Ok, so sorry for the misunderstanding of the thread
Don't worry Dark! Alot did the same I should change the title to how long is your ponytail

You will get longer, give it time, Bat! And if you need to maintain a side-shave, then do it. You mentioned you like it, so why torture yourself, right? Long hair with a side-shave is also pretty! :)

Since it's grown out for 6 months wouldn't maintaining it now disqualify me from no trims?

lapushka
January 18th, 2021, 04:32 PM
Since it's grown out for 6 months wouldn't maintaining it now disqualify me from no trims?

It would, but sometimes you have to make choices. Think about it long & hard though, what you truly want to do!

Bat
January 18th, 2021, 04:37 PM
It would, but sometimes you have to make choices. Think about it long & hard though, what you truly want to do!

Then I'll keep with my plan to grow and keep it blue, I don't want to give up so early in the challenge

Lady Stardust
January 18th, 2021, 04:38 PM
When my hair was somewhere between chin and shoulder length (I think) I used to gather it into a tiny stubby ponytail in my fist and count how many fingers it covered. I couldn’t wait to get a full fist worth of ponytail.

Then all of a sudden, I’d grown past a hand’s width without even noticing. I don’t know how because I noticed every millimetre of growth otherwise.

Being able to make a full ponytail is a huge game changer. It’s a great idea to aim for and celebrate that milestone.

SelenVinland
January 18th, 2021, 05:02 PM
I didn’t specifically measure my ponytail like that, but I definitely remember suddenly realizing how long it was getting and feeling like it got there overnight. :lol:

lapushka
January 18th, 2021, 05:20 PM
Then I'll keep with my plan to grow and keep it blue, I don't want to give up so early in the challenge

Awesome! :D

Bat
January 18th, 2021, 05:44 PM
Awesome! :D

It's interesting that I've stuck with the terquiose, usually by now I've dyed it 15 times in all sorts of colors. If I could be like that with the rest of my hair is be happy!

Dark40
January 19th, 2021, 02:18 PM
Don't worry Dark! Alot did the same I should change the title to how long is your ponytail

Ok, yes that would have been a much better name for the thread!