PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the shampoo/conditioner ingredients good?

Priska
December 30th, 2020, 01:04 PM
Sometimes I am interested what are these products made of, what are the ingredients in shampoos and conditioners. Are they something from nature with difficult names, so that no one can copy the recipe? Or are all those ingredients synthetic and made on factories? It would be great to be able to analyze the list behind the shampoo bottles.. and see if there is something good on the bottle or not.

lapushka
December 30th, 2020, 03:52 PM
Do you actually have a list that you want analyzed, or...? :)

paulownia
December 31st, 2020, 02:13 AM
Ingredients are ingredients. Some are plant-derived and some are just different chemical components. If you want to know which ones are good and which ones are bad you basically need to learn how to read a label ;)
There is plenty of information about it out there on the Internet. Just start reading ;)

Priska
January 3rd, 2021, 03:19 PM
Ingredients are ingredients. Some are plant-derived and some are just different chemical components. If you want to know which ones are good and which ones are bad you basically need to learn how to read a label ;)
There is plenty of information about it out there on the Internet. Just start reading ;)
Are you really telling me I must do this myself? 😂

MusicalSpoons
January 3rd, 2021, 03:29 PM
Sulphates are often plant-derived, from coconut oil, but you're not going to find any green-washing blog saying they're natural :p

Most "natural" ingredients are still processed. Plant-derived doesn't really mean much. Belladonna is natural but that doesn't make it good!

lapushka
January 3rd, 2021, 03:41 PM
Are you really telling me I must do this myself? ��

If you read my reply above, you will always find help on this board, but a little "insight" into ingredients isn't bad. And that's something you learn by reading loads of threads here. :)

knobbly
January 3rd, 2021, 08:29 PM
cosdna.com is a great site to research ingredients. Yes sometimes you do need to look up each one. :p

GordonMurphella
January 4th, 2021, 03:51 AM
If you read my reply above, you will always find help on this board, but a little "insight" into ingredients isn't bad. And that's something you learn by reading loads of threads here. :)

What Lapushka said.

Priska
January 4th, 2021, 04:23 AM
Thanks everyone, I just tried to be humorous with my last comment.. 🙂 so I have some work to do, with help from this forum! 👍

Entangled
January 4th, 2021, 07:34 AM
Yes, the main thing is that shampoos and conditioners vary widely in what their ingredients are. It’s like asking what are the ingredients in soup without even saying if it’s a broth-based soup or chowder. You can generalize to some extent (sulfates, ‘cones) but there’s still a huge variety. Keep in mind that it’s usually the first five or so ingredients that have the most impact unless you’ve got an allergic reaction to an ingredient.

Priska
January 5th, 2021, 03:45 PM
Yes, the main thing is that shampoos and conditioners vary widely in what their ingredients are. It’s like asking what are the ingredients in soup without even saying if it’s a broth-based soup or chowder. You can generalize to some extent (sulfates, ‘cones) but there’s still a huge variety. Keep in mind that it’s usually the first five or so ingredients that have the most impact unless you’ve got an allergic reaction to an ingredient.
👍
Everyone 👍
(I've been mostly talking in Facebook last years so that it feels weird I can't give thumbs for comments... 🙂)

GordonMurphella
January 6th, 2021, 02:55 AM
��
Everyone ��
(I've been mostly talking in Facebook last years so that it feels weird I can't give thumbs for comments... ��)

This place is far from Facebook. You may want to take another look at the terms of this site, friendly suggestion :)