PDA

View Full Version : Do you think that different natural, shine giving products give different shine?

Priska
December 29th, 2020, 04:51 AM
Like does a shine from ACV look different than a shine from aloe vera, for example? ... 🙂 I think they do but I don't know if I'm right or only imagining...

Priska
December 29th, 2020, 05:06 AM
Sorry if my english is bad, it may well be. I tried to write to the title, the last words in it, "different kind of shine" and not only "different shine", but obviously that was too long there. I hope my text is understandable...

Feral_
December 29th, 2020, 05:11 AM
All shines are not equal, in my opinion. Silicones will create shine. ACV and other dilute acids that close the cuticle - therefore reflecting light - will create shine. My recent personal experience is someone can have shiny hair with no products whatsoever.

I am 5 weeks into No Water Sebum Only, and my hair is naturally soft and glossy. The sheen is different from that with using products - that’s why I called it glossy. It’s a lustre, like on animal fur, the shine on that. The fact it comes from my scalp’s own oil pleases me so much.

Feral_
December 29th, 2020, 05:12 AM
Sorry if my english is bad, it may well be. I tried to write to the title, the last words in it, "different kind of shine" and not only "different shine", but obviously that was too long there. I hope my text is understandable...

Your English is very good :)

Priska
December 29th, 2020, 05:13 AM
All shines are not equal, in my opinion. Silicones will create shine. ACV and other dilute acids that close the cuticle - therefore reflecting light - will create shine. My recent personal experience is someone can have shiny hair with no products whatsoever.

I am 5 weeks into No Water Sebum Only, and my hair is naturally soft and glossy. The sheen is different from that with using products - that’s why I called it glossy. It’s a lustre, like animal on fur, the shine on that. The fact it comes from my scalp’s own oil pleases me so much.
Thank you for your answer! 😊

Priska
December 29th, 2020, 05:15 AM
Oh and thanks for your compliment! I'm new here and trying to get to know this place that is very big... And very interesting ❤️🙂

cat11
December 29th, 2020, 11:13 AM
I definitely do. I think some oils in particular give a much more prismatic, sparkly shine than others. Camelia oil makes a sparkly, shiny, vibrant shine for me. Sweet almond shines in a dark golden way, it makes blond hair darker and gives it a gold shine (on my SO. I have brown hair.)