PDA

View Full Version : Hair goal accomplished!

Aunt Rapunzel
December 28th, 2020, 07:47 AM
This is a rather odd "hair goal", but for the past 7 years I've been donating my hair to an organization that provides free human-hair wigs for children with any kind of medical hair loss. My first cut to donate was over 20"! That was seven years ago, and I set a goal to donate my height in hair. Well, on Saturday, I had 14" cut off, and with the other donations I've had cut in between, I reached my goal of donating my height in hair! I've donated 5'7" of hair now! My hair is 21" long now - which is short for me! But it will grow. And I love seeing pictures of others who are made so happy when they have hair. It's such a huge part of who I am, that my heart breaks for those who suffer from medical hair loss. I may not be able to find a cure, but at least I can be a part of making everyday life a little better for someone else. I'll share a picture when I get my camera charged up. ;-)

Feral_
December 28th, 2020, 08:03 AM
That’s a lovely goal :o

lapushka
December 28th, 2020, 08:41 AM
Very nice of you. I hope you chose a great organization! :thumbsup:

lapis_lazuli
December 28th, 2020, 11:11 AM
Wow that's a lot of hair! Congratulations :applause

Dragon
December 28th, 2020, 11:19 AM
That’s an impressive amount of hair. Congrats on reaching your goal?

Lucy McLucyFace
December 28th, 2020, 12:01 PM
I bet your hair is just as beautiful as your heart :blossom: Congratulations on reaching your goal!

RebekahE
December 28th, 2020, 12:23 PM
Awww, this makes my heart so happy! The world needs more people like you.

ZoeZ
December 28th, 2020, 12:28 PM
Wonderful goal! and I second RebekahE's sentiment: we need more like you!

Bat
December 28th, 2020, 04:25 PM
This is a rather odd "hair goal", but for the past 7 years I've been donating my hair to an organization that provides free human-hair wigs for children with any kind of medical hair loss. My first cut to donate was over 20"! That was seven years ago, and I set a goal to donate my height in hair. Well, on Saturday, I had 14" cut off, and with the other donations I've had cut in between, I reached my goal of donating my height in hair! I've donated 5'7" of hair now! My hair is 21" long now - which is short for me! But it will grow. And I love seeing pictures of others who are made so happy when they have hair. It's such a huge part of who I am, that my heart breaks for those who suffer from medical hair loss. I may not be able to find a cure, but at least I can be a part of making everyday life a little better for someone else. I'll share a picture when I get my camera charged up. ;-)

That's Incredible! How long are you going to grow now?