PDA

View Full Version : Classic length by Yule/ Christmas 2021

strawberrywine
December 28th, 2020, 06:12 AM
Who else is aiming to grow to classic length by the end of next year? Please come join me here and share your progress along the way :D

I have about 2" to go to reach classic length stretched and 4" with my natural waves. I am hoping I should be able to reach a solid classic length by the end of the year with a few small trims but who knows with my inconsistent growth rate!

squirrrel
December 28th, 2020, 06:23 AM
Looks like we are in a similar position: I have around 10cm, and that’s apparently 3.9”. I look forward to hearing how you get on with this stage of your growth journey.

strawberrywine
December 28th, 2020, 06:40 AM
Welcome squirrel! Thank you for joining me
I am looking forward to seeing your progress too, we also have a similar hair type so maybe we will face some of the same challenges.
Personally my hair has always been very prone to splits no matter how hard I try so I will be trimming a bit to keep them under control.
Do you plan to trim at all? :)

Ylva
December 28th, 2020, 06:46 AM
:waving:

I will be at classic sometime in the summer, but if you'll still have me, I'd love to hang out here.

After the summer, I will maintain around classic/FTL (the two are very close on me) for the rest of the year.

strawberrywine
December 28th, 2020, 06:50 AM
Of course we would love to have you here Ylva!
Welcome and happy growing :cheer:

Tinyponies
December 28th, 2020, 07:00 AM
Thanks for making the thread, strawberrywine :)

I think I fall into this group too, will have to have an updated look at my measurements but up till now “about the same as squirrrel” has worked great lol.

Love these threads for a bit of mutual well-wishing and encouragement. Happy growing all :heart:

strawberrywine
December 28th, 2020, 07:56 AM
Welcome Tinyponies!

"about the same as squirrel" haha, love it.

These types of threads are some some of my favourite too. Everyone is so friendly and encouraging here that is has persuaded me to delurk myself a bit more and get to know you all.

Happy growing! :blossom:

Dark40
December 28th, 2020, 08:28 AM
I'm nowhere near classic. I have 7" to go before I get there but I would love to hang out here if you'll have me.

strawberrywine
December 28th, 2020, 08:36 AM
Hello Dark40! You are definitely welcome to come hang out here with us even if you don't think you will quite make it to classic next year.
The more the merrier! :o

squirrrel
December 28th, 2020, 08:41 AM
Welcome squirrel! Thank you for joining me
I am looking forward to seeing your progress too, we also have a similar hair type so maybe we will face some of the same challenges.
Personally my hair has always been very prone to splits no matter how hard I try so I will be trimming a bit to keep them under control.
Do you plan to trim at all? :)

I usually trim annually, around this time, though I’m pondering putting it off this year. I know all about split ends too. Usually somewhere up the length. That’s frustrating!

Dark40
December 28th, 2020, 08:41 AM
Hello strawberrywine! Thank you for the warm welcome! :) It's at 22" inches now so I think it's doable to make it to classic next year. Yes, the movie the merrier is true! :o

squirrrel
December 28th, 2020, 08:42 AM
Thanks for making the thread, strawberrywine :)

I think I fall into this group too, will have to have an updated look at my measurements but up till now “about the same as squirrrel” has worked great lol.

Love these threads for a bit of mutual well-wishing and encouragement. Happy growing all :heart:

*laughs*. Yes, that has been about right over the last year. Has been a fun journey together.

ETA: if I grow similarly to last year, the spreadsheet I have suggests that mid August is when I can expect to reach classic, and approximately a year from then to mid-thigh, I think, so it might be that I reach classic a little after you get there again Ylva.

I look forward to seeing how your growth goes Dark.

When I think about it, when I first joined, at around bsl length, it was the people growing towards classic that I ‘looked up to’. Of course, one of those was Sarahlabyrinth, so you can see how far some of them have grown in the time. Interesting to finally reach this stage myself.

strawberrywine
December 28th, 2020, 09:25 AM
I usually trim annually, around this time, though I’m pondering putting it off this year. I know all about split ends too. Usually somewhere up the length. That’s frustrating!

Those ones are so annoying! I can do regular trims but I am still going to have to S&D to get those ones that decide to split inches up the hair shaft :mad:

strawberrywine
December 28th, 2020, 09:34 AM
When I think about it, when I first joined, at around bsl length, it was the people growing towards classic that I ‘looked up to’. Of course, one of those was Sarahlabyrinth, so you can see how far some of them have grown in the time. Interesting to finally reach this stage myself.
I always admired classic length hair but never thought I could get that long myself. It feels strange now I am finally approaching it and I still get a bit shocked sometimes when I let my hair down and see how it is :lol:

Dark40
December 28th, 2020, 09:30 PM

I try my best not to let split ends go up the length. By means, I try not to do things to to cause split ends tro travel up the length. Because, I really hate trimming.

Dark40
December 28th, 2020, 09:33 PM
I always admired classic length hair but never thought I could get that long myself. It feels strange now I am finally approaching it and I still get a bit shocked sometimes when I let my hair down and see how it is :lol:

I've also always admired classic length hair too I kinda thought that I could have hair that long but my mom would often tell me, "You can't ever grow hair that long!" But she has often and is still telling me stories of how both my aunt and late cousin on my dad's side of the family who had hair as long as classic length or a little pass it. But after all of these years up until now I've never believed her saying that my hair can't ever grow that long. Because, she's never tried it. Is your length the longest it has ever been?

Bat
December 28th, 2020, 09:36 PM
I never understood what was so great about classic when I first joined but now there is something so satisfying about having hair long enough to sit on. I'm almost at bottom of neck so can't join but good luck to you all!

Bacs
December 28th, 2020, 10:24 PM
I think classic is in the realm of possibility for me this next year. I know the inches I trimmed off over the summer are definitely back and then a little bit more, so yeah... classic is a good goal for 2021!

squirrrel
December 29th, 2020, 12:35 AM
I look forward to seeing your progress Bacs.

strawberrywine
December 29th, 2020, 03:13 PM
I've also always admired classic length hair too I kinda thought that I could have hair that long but my mom would often tell me, "You can't ever grow hair that long!" But she has often and is still telling me stories of how both my aunt and late cousin on my dad's side of the family who had hair as long as classic length or a little pass it. But after all of these years up until now I've never believed her saying that my hair can't ever grow that long. Because, she's never tried it. Is your length the longest it has ever been?

You never know how long your hair can get until you try! ;) Yes my hair is the longest it's ever been and I am curious to see just how much longer it will grow. How about you Dark 40, is MBL your longest yet?

Siv
December 30th, 2020, 04:45 AM
Hello! :waving: thanks for making the thread!!

I was at 100 cm (I think?) on the solstice so I have 15 cm to go, which if I continued growing at my regular 1.25 cm a month would just get me to Classic at the 2021 solstice... But then I realised I'd actually been growing 2 cm per month between the autumnal equinox and winter solstice (!) and as far as I remember I stalled completely last January so I've no idea if I'm going to make 15 cm in the next year... but it's definitely feasible!!

strawberrywine
December 31st, 2020, 06:04 AM
Hello! :waving: thanks for making the thread!!

I was at 100 cm (I think?) on the solstice so I have 15 cm to go, which if I continued growing at my regular 1.25 cm a month would just get me to Classic at the 2021 solstice... But then I realised I'd actually been growing 2 cm per month between the autumnal equinox and winter solstice (!) and as far as I remember I stalled completely last January so I've no idea if I'm going to make 15 cm in the next year... but it's definitely feasible!!

Welcome Siv, thanks for joining us! You looked so close to Classic in your last length picture that I saw but I know how deceptive those angles can be! I also have a variable growth rate... let's hope our hair behaves this year :eek:

Dark40
January 1st, 2021, 09:33 PM
You never know how long your hair can get until you try! ;) Yes my hair is the longest it's ever been and I am curious to see just how much longer it will grow. How about you Dark 40, is MBL your longest yet?

Yes, you are so very right! :D Well, I've had hair 2 inches below MBL before sometime this year, and I've trimmed back to MBL. So, now all I'm doing is growing! I guess you can call 2 inches below MBL....WL, right? If so, that's the longest it has ever been in my whole entire life. Yes, I'm like you curious to see how long it will grow as well!

Estrid
January 14th, 2021, 04:12 AM
I should reach classic length sometime during 2021, I haven't measured how far I got to go, but it's not more than I normally grow in a year.

Pouncequick
January 14th, 2021, 07:15 PM
I'll hit classic sometime this year. I'm in!

Siv
January 15th, 2021, 03:48 AM
@Estrid @Pouncequick :cheer:

Wendyp
January 15th, 2021, 06:25 PM
Not sure if I already posted this but I'm in!

strawberrywine
January 16th, 2021, 09:47 AM
Welcome Wendyp :)

Kwolf248Mane
January 16th, 2021, 02:51 PM
I'm in! I have hip length right now and I hope to reach Classic by end of year

Wendyp
January 17th, 2021, 05:35 PM
Welcome Wendyp :)
Thank you! :hollie:

LadyEliza
January 20th, 2021, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure I'll make it, but I'm in there for trying! Currently 32, Classic on me is 43. 11 inches in a year.... maybe 2022. :)

AmeerahKhanNot
January 20th, 2021, 06:19 PM
I think I might make it, my hair is only 3 inches away from classic when wet, so i'll be there for sure. I'm only TBL when my hair dries though as my hair is quite wavy so it'll take longer I think, maybe by summer 2022!

pisinoe
January 20th, 2021, 06:25 PM
If I don't cut at all I might achieve this... Do I wanna attempt it?

Sammich
January 20th, 2021, 07:19 PM
Yes! Here’s hoping! I’m almost hip at the moment so I’m hoping with no trims I’ll get to classic! Eeeeeee

strawberrywine
January 21st, 2021, 03:05 AM
Yay lots of new recruits :cheer:
Happy growing everyone!

squirrrel
March 16th, 2021, 01:19 PM
Hey everyone. I have 9cm to go. Still feeling positive about this. How is everyone else getting on?

Tinyponies
March 16th, 2021, 01:36 PM
Good to see this thread pop up.

I’m still on track, looks like 10cm-ish to go. Looking forward to having CL hair :) happy growing everyone!

strawberrywine
March 16th, 2021, 04:26 PM
Good to hear you are both on track Tinyponies and squirrel :)

I am going to take my seasonal length picture and do my seasonal measure on Friday but I think it's getting there (at least when it's sopping wet and stretched in the shower it feels like it's almost there!)

Tinyponies
March 16th, 2021, 09:35 PM
Exciting to be almost there, strawberrywine :crush: Looking forward to pics!

squirrrel
March 17th, 2021, 04:52 AM
Excellent hearing, Strawberrywine. Enjoy the feeling.

Carrie's hair
March 17th, 2021, 02:12 PM
Good luck to everyone. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Lesley8
March 17th, 2021, 04:24 PM
I'd love to join in I'm at tailbone so hoping for classic at the end of the year.

Tinyponies
March 18th, 2021, 02:54 AM
I'd love to join in I'm at tailbone so hoping for classic at the end of the year.

Welcome and best of luck to you! :)

squirrrel
March 18th, 2021, 03:15 AM

Welcome. Looking forward to hearing your progress.

Ylva
March 18th, 2021, 05:12 AM
Nice to hear from everyone! I'm due a seasonal length shot very soon. I don't expect to see anything revolutionary, though, since my hair should only be about 1 cm longer than it was before my last trim at the end of the year.

Lesley8
March 18th, 2021, 06:23 AM
Thank you all :)
And good luck everyone!

strawberrywine
March 19th, 2021, 10:48 AM
Here's my update:

https://i.imgur.com/pz4pesOl.jpg

A couple of inches to go until solid classic I think :)
I'm thinking about doing a tiny trim soon but should still make it in time

Lesley8
March 19th, 2021, 04:17 PM
Here's my update:

Gorgeous hair you have :)
I still don't know how to post pics yet!

Lesley8
March 19th, 2021, 04:17 PM
Here's my update:

Sorry double post

squirrrel
March 20th, 2021, 05:37 AM
Sorry double post

Hey. You need to use a photo hosting site like imgur. You can then upload the pictures you want to share there, then enter the picture and copy the BB code. Paste that into your post and you should be good to go. You can use your albums here in the same way.

Lesley8
March 20th, 2021, 06:57 AM
Hey. You need to use a photo hosting site like imgur. You can then upload the pictures you want to share there, then enter the picture and copy the BB code. Paste that into your post and you should be good to go. You can use your albums here in the same way.

Great, thanks for the help :)

squirrrel
March 20th, 2021, 07:19 AM
Great, thanks for the help :)

No problem. I look forward to seeing how your progress goes.

MadelineMomo
March 20th, 2021, 03:09 PM
I just chopped like 2", and now I'm back to the top of my buttcrack. My ends feel good, though, and I'm probably on track for classic by the end of the year? Maybe? I think?

squirrrel
March 20th, 2021, 03:23 PM
I just chopped like 2", and now I'm back to the top of my buttcrack. My ends feel good, though, and I'm probably on track for classic by the end of the year? Maybe? I think?

Depends on what the distance is and how quickly your hair grows. Sounds like it’s still worth hanging out in the challenge thread.

Lesley8
March 22nd, 2021, 09:19 AM
I've measured today and have just under 5 inches to go to classic so my fingers are crossed for Christmas!

squirrrel
March 22nd, 2021, 09:27 AM
I've measured today and have just under 5 inches to go to classic so my fingers are crossed for Christmas!

Great hearing.

Siv
March 25th, 2021, 12:19 PM
I'm officially right between TBL and classic! So *mid-butt* hehe

Ylva
March 27th, 2021, 01:26 PM
This is where I'm currently at:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44902&d=1616847408

Reaching classic sometime in the summer still seems realistic, or what do you guys think?

Eastbound&Down
March 27th, 2021, 08:20 PM
This is where I'm currently at:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44902&d=1616847408

Reaching classic sometime in the summer still seems realistic, or what do you guys think?

Is it Spring where you are, or Autumn?

squirrrel
March 28th, 2021, 02:48 AM
Hard to say, Ylva. What 3-4 months? You grow pretty fast, I think, so it could be possible. Any idea how much length it is? I suspect I’m anywhere between August and October for getting there, though it could be longer.

Siv
March 28th, 2021, 03:35 AM

This made be laugh because I thought "it's still winter where I am :steam"

(Anyway, probably winter-spring where she is because I think SW-Finland (under the profile pic) is just north of where I am ;) )

Also not sure how fast you grow Ylva but for me I average 1.6 cm per month and cut 1 cm per quarter so I'd get 4 cm length in three months, meaning I'd probably need 4 months for mid-butt to classic (my brain is hurting from all maths)... so if you grow about the same rate and have a similar length butt I'd guess July! :lol:

ETA: I'm probably reaching classic around late summer as well, maybe in the autumn! My last length pic looked like classic already because of the angle..

Ylva
March 28th, 2021, 06:09 AM

It's spring, I'm in Finland.

Hard to say, Ylva. What 3-4 months? You grow pretty fast, I think, so it could be possible. Any idea how much length it is? I suspect I’m anywhere between August and October for getting there, though it could be longer.

Estimating the remaining centimeters is surprisingly difficult! When I stretch out my wet hair in the shower, it seems like the longest strands might be 3-4 cm away from classic, but I have no idea really.

This made be laugh because I thought "it's still winter where I am :steam"

(Anyway, probably winter-spring where she is because I think SW-Finland (under the profile pic) is just north of where I am ;) )

Also not sure how fast you grow Ylva but for me I average 1.6 cm per month and cut 1 cm per quarter so I'd get 4 cm length in three months, meaning I'd probably need 4 months for mid-butt to classic (my brain is hurting from all maths)... so if you grow about the same rate and have a similar length butt I'd guess July! :lol:

ETA: I'm probably reaching classic around late summer as well, maybe in the autumn! My last length pic looked like classic already because of the angle..

Yep, you're right!

LOL at the similar length butt :lol: I think I grow about 1.2 cm per month or something like that. Haven't paid attention to that in ages. I guess I'll re-evaluate when the time comes to take the summer solstice shot.

squirrrel
March 28th, 2021, 06:35 AM
It's spring, I'm in Finland.

Estimating the remaining centimeters is surprisingly difficult! When I stretch out my wet hair in the shower, it seems like the longest strands might be 3-4 cm away from classic, but I have no idea really.

Yep, you're right!

LOL at the similar length butt :lol: I think I grow about 1.2 cm per month or something like that. Haven't paid attention to that in ages. I guess I'll re-evaluate when the time comes to take the summer solstice shot.

Oh don’t I know it, measuring wise. I rarely get the numbers the same each time I measure and when I attempt to get accurate lengths for body markers, I seem to over estimate... reevaluating come the summer solstice sounds like a great plan. Probably where I am at as well.

Pouncequick
August 21st, 2021, 04:28 PM
I realized in my last siggy pic that my ends have reached the bottom of my pockets. Only about an inch and a half to go!

Pouncequick
December 22nd, 2021, 12:53 PM
It's a few days until Christmas. I hit "can I call it" classic a couple of months ago and I'm solidly classic+ now. How's everyone else doing?

Lesley8
December 22nd, 2021, 03:48 PM
I hit classic last month didn't think I would make it by Christmas but I got there.

Ylva
December 24th, 2021, 05:58 PM
Congrats, both of you!

I hit classic in the summer and called it with my summer solstice length shot. I've maintained somewhere slightly past classic for this final quarter of the year.