PDA

View Full Version : "Scrunchie bun shampooing method" request!

pola
March 23rd, 2008, 08:56 AM
I was reading Teacherbears article on LHC Terms and Abbreviations ( http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=10 ) and was interested in this, since I usually CWC.

It says "way to shampoo just the scalp without getting the length wet"

Could anyone explain that to me?

THANKS! :flower:

AJoifulNoise
March 23rd, 2008, 12:23 PM
**bump**

I am interested in learning about this, too.

CrowningGlory
March 23rd, 2008, 12:38 PM
I do scalp washes every second day and these are the two methods I use depending on whether I'm doing it in the shower or over the bath.

Method 1: My preferred method when showering. Using this method I rarely end up with wet length.

Here’s what I do:

Take an old sports sock (one that’s not too thin and has a bit of ‘stretch’) and cut the toe out. Roll up to form a ring. Pull hair into a pony tail (you can use a scrunchi or hair-safe elastic but it’s not necessary) and place the sock ring over the pony. Wrap hair as for a bun and place on top of the sock. Cover with a shower cap (the disposable ones that come in colour kits or are in motels work well) and tuck the edges under the sock. Cover with another shower cap and secure with a scrunchi (don’t bother tucking the edge under the bun this time). Shampoo as usual under the shower. Voila! Clean scalp hair and dry length.

Method 2: For over the bath, in the bath, under the kitchen/laundry tap (faucet)

Braid hair. I prefer to do a French or Dutch Braid because less hair escapes the braid which results in less tangles. Tuck the braid out of the way, wet the scalp hair, shampoo, rinse, and repeat if desired. So easy and yet wonderful for protecting the length.

Hope that's what you were after.

AJoifulNoise
March 23rd, 2008, 12:42 PM
Hmm... I think I could try that. Once I go showercap shopping. It would definately speed up drying time!

Curlsgirl
March 23rd, 2008, 02:09 PM
When you say "tuck the braid under" what do you mean?

Yamale
March 23rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
I make a loose braid for this and put it under my bra strap. The hair at the scalp is loose and can be washed then.

Raederle
March 23rd, 2008, 03:19 PM
If you go for the bun atop the head, be sure to do it loose enough so you can reach under and massage the shampoo into the scalp well. Placing it high also helps keep the water from wicking into the parts you're trying to keep dry.

flowerlovelong
June 21st, 2010, 11:01 AM
does anyone here know where to find the step by step process of scrunchie bun washing? I thought I found one (complete with pics) here but cannot find it now.

Thanks in advance for any help.

dancingbarefoot
June 21st, 2010, 11:40 AM
I've been doing scalp washes lately because of my seriously inconvenient shower, but I just let it all get wet. (I don't put it in a bun, I just braid it before getting in the shower.) Seems like a lot of work to prevent it from getting wet. Kudos to those who have the skills to do it!