PDA

View Full Version : Christmas/Holiday Hairstyle help!

WyntreBlossom
December 23rd, 2020, 05:30 PM
I like to wear my hair down for photos to show it off! And my family always does photos for Christmas (as that is what we celebrate).

Usually I just do half up half down using my flexi I got through ROAK.

I want to do something similar but different this year. My hair is 1b/1c and very slippery. Doesn't hold shape well so even braid waves turn into a fuzzy mess by mid afternoon. Suggestions on how to spice up a simple half up half down that will work for thin slippery hair? Photos/videos helpful!

neko_kawaii
December 23rd, 2020, 05:51 PM
I do lace braids and twists to add visual interest to the front of my hair. If you wanted to draw more attention, you could incorporate something colorful like ribbon or finished pins/barrettes. Another idea might be the half up portion in a French or Dutch braid or braids.

You can check the Style Thesaurus for other accent ideas.

AmaryllisRed
December 23rd, 2020, 06:52 PM
Maybe check out MissySue (https://instagram.com/missysueblog?igshid=dns8iker14zj) on Instagram?
She has a lot of beautiful half-up styles with tutorials. (Her hair is wavy but the styles would look pretty on straighter hair, too).

WyntreBlossom
December 23rd, 2020, 07:05 PM
Thanks guys

lapushka
December 24th, 2020, 02:43 AM
Anyone doing anything fancy, now that I'm here? I'm just wearing my Nautilus, my go-to. I just want to be comfortable. Yes we'll take some pictures. I might wear my "bells" from Quattro. :p Those... jingle all the damn day. :lol:

Tinyponies
December 24th, 2020, 10:43 AM
Anyone doing anything fancy, now that I'm here? I'm just wearing my Nautilus, my go-to. I just want to be comfortable. Yes we'll take some pictures. I might wear my "bells" from Quattro. :p Those... jingle all the damn day. :lol:

Oh my goodness Quattro with bells sounds adorable. :crush: are they often available, do you know?

neko_kawaii
December 24th, 2020, 10:47 AM

Oooo, maybe I'll wear my harmony ball stick, it sort of jingles, but I'll have to wait until my hair is completely dry. I wasn't planning on anything fancy for the holidays. Last week I did the Style of the Month braid and decorated it in red, white, and green. That was fun.

lapushka
December 27th, 2020, 06:01 AM
Oooo, maybe I'll wear my harmony ball stick, it sort of jingles, but I'll have to wait until my hair is completely dry. I wasn't planning on anything fancy for the holidays. Last week I did the Style of the Month braid and decorated it in red, white, and green. That was fun.

Yeah I saw that, and your pretty sweater. Did I forget to comment? :hmm: Well, I loved it! :D

lapushka
December 27th, 2020, 06:05 AM
Oh my goodness Quattro with bells sounds adorable. :crush: are they often available, do you know?

I'll have a look-see. I think he does them come every Christmas time, should do... Nope, looks like he didn't have them this year. I went a while back in the sales (about 8 pages), and I can't see any. :shrug:

I'm sure if you drop him a note, he might be able to make some in future?