PDA

View Full Version : Lovi's Progress Pics - 3 year anniversary thread

Loviatar
November 12th, 2008, 05:37 PM
For the first time ever I've been organised enough to make an anniversary photo thread. Go me. And props to my boyfriend A., who made the pic banners.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Kate_Blacksmith/LHCLine1.jpg
L-R:
1. I joined in November 05 with this 15 inch black-dyed bob haircut inspired by Velma Kelly in Chicago; with my glasses it was more Velma from Scooby Doo. Never mind. I dont have many pics from this style-time.
2. Onward to May 06 keeping it trimmed to 15 inches, and I'd started to cover my black dye with BAQ henna.
3. August 06 saw me bleach the lot at 16.5 inches and henna over the top to get a vibrant orange shade. I couldnt keep up to it though as it was too damaging to my scalp.
4. The final shot on here is 20.75 inches, from July 07 (I dont have any shots on my PC between these two last pics) when I'd done my first henna & indigo one-step mix. I'd also gone cone-free CO because I thought cones were evil...

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Kate_Blacksmith/LHCLine2.jpg
L-R:
1. August 07 saw me turn my 21 inch hair almost black by mistake with a henndigo two-step mix. I did however have a 4 inch ponytail circ.
2. Disliking the colour I swore off indigo and went back to henna alone in September 07 - orange roots a go go. I also started using leave-ins here.
3. In November 07 I cut back to 21 inches, with Bettie Page bangs and dyed the twotoned mop with Castings semi-perm in Walnut brown. Over the indigo, however it went jet black. Aveda has coned me to death in this picture and also used flat irons. Not happy! Can you tell?
4. I decided at that point to grow out my natural colour; this is from Jan 08 at 21.5 inches and I have about an inch of natural roots. You can just see them in the 'scalp cleavage' parting area. This is conefree CO with a coney leave in.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Kate_Blacksmith/LHCLine3.jpg
L-R:
1. Conefree and still growing out natural in Feb 08 at 21 inches with a 3 in pony circ.
2. I henna'd again in March 08. This pic is from the April following and is 22.5 inches. I have a very wonky u-cut... conefree.
3. In May 08 I decided to dye my hair the same colour as Jane Goldman - the writer of Stardust the movie. I had a bleaching and colouring disaster with LOreal Majicontrast red at the Toni and Guy salon which ended in me having two toned mushy hair which broke off in great pieces. In despair I cut back to 21 inches again and turned to Redken protein treatments (CAT spray in) and Extreme rescue force conditioner.
4. Two weeks after the salon dye job and impulse chop, my hair looked like this. The colour has completely washed out of the bleached lengths.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Kate_Blacksmith/LHCLine4.jpg
L-R:
1. In July 08 I broke up with my partner with whom I'd been unhappy for a long time. I went to visit Scrofula in her home town and she dyed me dark brown with Nutrisse no 40 for ease of getting a decent job. This is after one application of dye. We used 3 to cover the dye disaster; one box wouldnt cover it. Conefree with damp Ficcare bun waves.
2. This, at 4 am, is the result of the early morning bangs cut. I should learn not to do things like this. Sigh... Nutrisse dye is holding up well though. I wasnt measuring at this point and was conefree. This pic shows sleep braid waves.
3. In August 08 I met Pegasus Marsters in Camden with Ms Monnie and my new partner, A. I was using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars and acv rinses. This shot was taken (by Pegs) after a failure with Olive Babassu and damp Ficcare bun waves. The only one I ever had great results from was Mud and Clay, which stopped working when I moved to London and had harder water.
4. A shot in Ealing Park showing the latest henna application in sunlight. This is Punjabi Prime henna from mehandi.com and my hair is conefree, at 23 inches with a 2.75 pony circumference.
5. Taken this week after washing with Tresemme Thermal Recovery duo - my new holy grail. Back on cones and sulphates but using cold filtered water, a splash of acv and a squirt of honey as final rinse. Hair is 23.5 inches, 2.75 pony circ, Punjabi Prime henna and a leave in of Redken anti-snap coney goop. Much better and with an even u-hemline (self trimmed).

Four more shots follow. The first is showing my line of demarcation from the Nutrisse dye and the Punjabi Prime henna. This is the first Legolas braid I've tried and I like it. Taken in sunlight but indoors. The second pic shows my usual sleep hairstyle, night braids, from the back and front (and showing my weight loss!). The last photo is showing that I only have 3.5 in to go before I am at BSL.

There are more updo pictures in my album, too.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Kate_Blacksmith/LegolasBraidanddemarcationline.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Kate_Blacksmith/Nightbraidsbackview.jpg http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Kate_Blacksmith/Nightbraids2front.jpg

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j47/Kate_Blacksmith/LengthshotshowingBSLNov08.jpg

Thanks for reading! I like being here.

Lovi

mugglemomof3
November 12th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Wow. You've put alot of work into this thread! I absolutely loved all the side-by-side photos and detailed descriptions! Thanks for the wonderful sharing of your journey. Your hair is looking FANTABULOUS!!!!! :flowers:

spidermom
November 12th, 2008, 06:17 PM
It's been fun to know you and watch all the changes.

Fireweed
November 12th, 2008, 06:28 PM
You and your hair look great. I love one with the two braids.

kwaniesiam
November 12th, 2008, 06:30 PM
Those pigtails make you look like Wednesday Adams, very cute! :D

You've made a lot of progress, so close to BSL too.

darkwaves
November 12th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Look at the changes you've been through! I remember your Oct. 06 henna -- but like your current hair best.

It's been fun being at LHC with you for the past three years.

RavennaNight
November 12th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Wow it's really cool to see all the changes you went through! Your hair looks great! Happy Anniversary!

TammySue
November 12th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Lovi, you and your hair are just so lovely! :flower:

Lamb
November 12th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I loved your pics! Your hair has very nice shine, and spectacular colour!

morningstar
November 12th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Lovi no one looks as cute as you do in braids!! Awwwww!
Hey congrats to you, your hair is fab. :cheer: :cheer:

Vitalai
November 12th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Happy Anniversary! :flower: You've made an amazing hair journey. I loved seeing the progressive changes in each picture.

RoseRedDead
November 12th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Happy Anniversary, Lovi. You've come a long way. :) :flowers:

Xi
November 12th, 2008, 08:12 PM
What an action-packed hair story! Your hair is indeed looking very lovely. :)

wintersun99
November 12th, 2008, 08:15 PM
What an interesting depiction of the hair journey! Congrats. on the anniversary :)

Robbi Dehlinger
November 12th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Very kewl!

Gettin' some great growth!

~GypsyCurls~
November 12th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Happy to see your progress :) The braids are adorable! Wish I looked as cute in them as you do!

jojo
November 12th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Wow great photos, how do you do them? your hair has gone through many changes and it is looking its best ever in your most recent. BSL will be with you before you know it and congratulations on the weightloss too!

Nightshade
November 12th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Happy Anniversary! That was a lot of pictures, and great to see all the changes :flowers:

jessie58
November 12th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Man your hair is looking good. You look just adorable in those little braids. What a cutie.

Alia
November 12th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Wow! What a gorgeous head of hair you've grown. :D Plus, I totally covet that blue satin top ;) .

Dientje
November 13th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Wow, you and your hair look lovely! You've made great progress in those three years, happy anniversary!

LutraLutra
November 13th, 2008, 02:23 AM
Fabulous work Lovi. :magic: I love seeing peoples hair colour/style/lenght experiments.

Scrofula
November 13th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Ah the infamous Lego bob! I actually liked the short bob on you, but am loving your hair now. 3 years has really flown by *snugs*

DavidN
November 13th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Happy 3 year LHC to you, Lovi, and what a pleasure it has been to have known you during my time here at the LHC!:cheer: May you have many more years as a member of our community!

Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos with us from the past to the present, and your hair is looking so healthy and shiny these days!

Aditi
November 13th, 2008, 05:41 AM
Great progress dear congrats. If you don't mind can you tell me how did you posted your hair pictures i m trying to post mine but i can't figure it out.

Arctic
November 13th, 2008, 05:52 AM
"Organized enough"? You were extremely organized, if you haven't been before then you have developed a killer orginizing abilities!

Thanks for sharing your journey! I especially like how non-condemning and forgiving you're towards your hair and the decisions you have made.

Your hair is very pretty and you have been an important member of this community, gentle and supportive! Hope you'll reach BSL and beyond soon! :cheer:

Curlsgirl
November 13th, 2008, 05:54 AM
I remember we came here close to the same time! Love seeing all of those pretty pics together and LOVELY hair and the most adorable braids!!! Congratulations!!! :cheese:

Islandgrrl
November 13th, 2008, 06:17 AM
Wow, Lovi, what a journey you've been on! I had a great time following your progress. Congrats on 3 years, you look awesome!

paper
November 13th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Happy Anniversary Lovi!!! :flowers:

Great progress report, I enjoyed it. You look so cute in those braids. :crush:

Ryanne
November 13th, 2008, 07:49 AM
It looks really organized, great progress. Your hair looks wonderful.

jel
November 13th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Happy LHC-versary! :flowers: You rock twin braids! :rockerdud

Brilliant way of posting pics, I must emulate it some time (except my banners would be much less interesting...)

Garnet66
November 13th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Congrats on your three year anniversary, Lovi. You've definately had an interesting hair journey.

GlennaGirl
November 13th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Lovey, you look beautiful. I LOVE the color of your hair and the texture. Very very nice progress.

StarShine
November 16th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Wow! You're hair has been through so many changes! It looks great despite all the processing. And grats on your weightloss!

winter_star
November 17th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Oh yay I love progress pics! :cheese:Congratulations on your 3 year anniversary at LHC :cheese:Your hair looks lovely and it's so healthy and shiney. I really like your colour too.

manderly
November 17th, 2008, 04:07 AM
Wow, your hair has been through so much, but it just keeps truckin' along :D

And congrats on your weightloss too!

Carolyn
November 17th, 2008, 06:26 AM
Great hair history! I love your braid pics. You look adorable.

Sherri
November 17th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Looks like we joined at the same time. Your has has really grown. I call this my 4th year because I lurked here almost all of '05 before I joined. I am really glad I decieded to join in on all the fun though.