PDA

View Full Version : Wavy hair brushing out while keeping the shape?

catoala
December 22nd, 2020, 05:33 AM
Hi. Is there a way to brush hair that is partially wavy yet keep the shape? As in, keep the ends wurly but still neat somehow? I see this style often on 80s and 90s pics, but no idea how to recreate it. Thanks!

Feral_
December 22nd, 2020, 06:50 AM
Hi. Is there a way to brush hair that is partially wavy yet keep the shape? As in, keep the ends wurly but still neat somehow? I see this style often on 80s and 90s pics, but no idea how to recreate it. Thanks!

I cannot visualise what style you mean but if I want to keep the waves in mine I use a horn comb or a wet brush (but on dry hair). Definitely not a BBB, that flattens the wave out of everything!

cat11
December 22nd, 2020, 07:58 AM
Using a wide tooth comb is how I do it on my hair! But a pic would help to understand the particular look you want.

catoala
December 22nd, 2020, 08:06 AM
Using a wide tooth comb is how I do it on my hair! But a pic would help to understand the particular look you want.

Hi! Like this https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ab/cb/71/abcb71205bb6e56e0f141673e7969ee9.jpg

Feral_
December 22nd, 2020, 08:19 AM
Hi! Like this https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ab/cb/71/abcb71205bb6e56e0f141673e7969ee9.jpg

I’d use a wide tooth comb then define / further separate with fingers if needed.

lapushka
December 22nd, 2020, 11:36 AM

I finger detangle it. I don't rake my fingers through, don't get me wrong. I separate my hair into 2, run my hands over the parts to get sheds out, and then I divide each section into 3 parts and do the same. I do this over the sink, then clean it out after with some toilet paper. If I sort of feel like more loose hairs are in there, I separate even more; but this works really well. I do it before bed, so once a day only.

My waves do sag, as the week goes on, I am a weekly washer, but I last until Thursday. So that's not bad.

cat11
December 22nd, 2020, 12:34 PM

Oh, yes, wide tooth comb or finger combing followed by a drop or two of your favorite hair oil or some nice leave in will do the trick :)

WitchyM
December 23rd, 2020, 08:20 AM
I scrunch in gel while it's wet, let it dry extra wavy, and then brush it out (gently!). This is usually my back-up style when my waves don't come out to my liking. Also, after I brush, I usually smooth in some oil or leave-in conditioner to kind of re-clump things in a loose, flowy way.

shelomit
December 26th, 2020, 09:37 PM
The picture you have sent looks like it is probably straight (or straightened) hair that has been heat-styled in a lot of small sections. I would suggest finger-detangling as the best substitute--more control to what you are doing than a wide-toothed comb. Braid-waves from three or four loose braids would give about the same amount/size of waves as in the photo, if your hair doesn't want to wave by itself!