PDA

View Full Version : Rant or Rave on Aubrey or Giovanni hair products?

Goose
November 12th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Bought some of both lines to try.....just curious if anyone has tried and liked or didn't like....opinions welcome

chelles2kids
November 12th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Well, I've only heard good things about both, depending of course on your hair!:p
But seriously, it seems I've heard more good things about the Giovanni line than Aubrey?

I have used the Giovanni 50:50 'poo & conditioner, along with the Giovanni Tea Tree 'poo (this I use diluted) and I've had good results with all three.
I have tried the Giovanni conditioner in the past, but it didn't condition enough for my hair.

Which products did you buy?

Eden Iris
November 12th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Love the Aubrey HR conditioner, but it's not an every wash thing, too conditioning for me, I think. I put a squirt of it in my mister bottle, and I have used it in an SMT to rinse out henna, which was excellent. People seem to either love or hate the scent; I love it.

Not sure about the HR shampoo; I get no lather from it, even after clarifying. Maybe, again, it's too rich for my hair.

GibsonGirlV
November 12th, 2008, 03:43 PM
I've used the Rosa Mosqueta conditioner from Aubrey Organics and I have to say it's one of the worst conditioners I've ever used. It did absolutely nothing for my hair and I actually had to re-wash and re-condition it after my hair dried. I've tried it again with the same result. It's also ridiculously over priced. It made my hair stringy, sticky, lackluster, and straw-like. I wouldn't recommend it to any one.

As for Giovanni, I've never actually used anything by them, but I've heard that the Trader Joe's Nourish shampoo and conditioner are dupes for one of their formulas. After years of shampoo and conditioner experimentation I think the TJ's nourish line is my HG. The shampoo is extremely gentle, and i only need a tiny bit (i dilute it) and the conditioner is sent from heaven itself. I can't say enough wonderful things about it. If the Giovanni line is actually anything like it, then I imagine it's quite lovely.

rhosyn_du
November 12th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I am currently having a passionate love affair with both Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner and Giovanni Direct Leave-In. My previously perpetually-dry hair has never been softer or more healthy-feeling.

Curlsgirl
November 14th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I have tried the Aubrey's HR and I do not like either the shampoo or the conditioner. The shampoo did not clean well and the conditioner did not detangle well at ALL.

I love Giovanni Smooth as silk conditioner and direct leave-in however I have found others I like better or just as well but cheaper.

Chromis
November 14th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I've tried the Giovanni Triple Tea Treat. I was hoping it would help my scalp itchies but no dice. Nice stuff other than not doing what I was hoping it would, I'd likely buy it again if I hadn't found shampoo bars instead.

Flying Betty
November 14th, 2008, 05:48 PM
!!!!!!!!!!

chickpea
November 14th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I like Aubrey Organic's White Camellia conditioner, and the Honeysuckle Rose shampoo. I wasn't crazy about the HR conditioner - it was too heavy and didn't seem to moisturize, weirdly enough.

I used to love Giovanni's Smooth as Silk conditioner, but the last bottle I got had a new scent that was way too strong.