PDA

View Full Version : APL by the Winter Holiday Season of 2021!

0xalis
December 2nd, 2020, 01:34 PM
Because "APL by Christmas/Yule/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/New Years" seemed too long :p

I've noticed a lot of threads like this, "x length by y time (usually Christmas)" and now that I actually have a milestone coming up in that amount of time, I decided I'm gonna hop on the bandwagon ;)
I might even be a little bit past APL by December 2021 but that leaves me room for a trim if need be! But I am also joining "No Trim 2021" so I don't trim without good reason.

Anyone else in this with me? I'm at bottom of neck length right now, very close to shoulder. I feel a lot of people in 'Chin to Shoulder' as well as people in 'Shoulder to APL' could be here.
If you're gonna hit APL before then you should join in too, just be an early graduate! :D Just don't forget to pass the baton when you reach your finish line! :run::rolling:

SelenVinland
December 2nd, 2020, 06:30 PM
I'm in! I think I'll be able to hit APL by around this time next year.

Bat
December 3rd, 2020, 03:00 AM
I'm in I might just make it, though that could be a pipe dream xD I should be chin by the end of this year and possibly shoulder by April/may that gives me over 6 months of growth to get to apl (it will be summer for me by December though)

ioanaxena
December 3rd, 2020, 12:32 PM
I love that there's a thread about this hair length :). I think I'll get to APL by Christmas 2021 - fingers crossed!

0xalis
December 6th, 2020, 12:28 AM
We've got a nice little group forming!! :D :beerchug: Good luck everyone!!

Bat
December 6th, 2020, 12:34 AM
Grow til it flows!

ioanaxena
February 6th, 2021, 07:54 AM
Hello, just giving a heads up here. I don't want this thread to remain silent because it challenged me to get to APL by the end of the year - so now I'm convinced I will not trim all year long to fulfill my goal.

How's everybody else doing? :D

xanthochromia
February 6th, 2021, 08:24 AM
This is my first time seeing this thread so thank you for bumping it, ioanaxena! I'm just brushing the top of my shoulder now so would have to have pretty quick growth this year to make it, but you never know! I'll at least give it a go :) My last trim was in July 2020 and I'm in the no-trim for the first half of 2021. I'll see how my ends are looking at the end of that and go from there!

Good luck to everyone with both growing and not trimming!

AmyBee
February 6th, 2021, 08:53 AM
Oooh I'm going to join too! My hair is just past collarbone dry and natural. I'd love it if I could make it to APL this year when dry and not stretched. I think that would be my longest ever!! I'm also doing no trim till june/july at least (unless we have a major problem in that time) and havent trimmed since august. On the downside my ends are very bleach damaged so i'll just have to see where I get.
Good luck everyone!

ReadingRenee
February 6th, 2021, 11:58 AM
I'm in! I am pretty sure I can make it with being in the no trim challenge. I am 4ish inches away from APL, so it should be doable.

Bat
February 6th, 2021, 04:26 PM
It's unlikely I'll get there as I'm probably going to be evening up some layers in July depending on how it looks then, I know I'm in no trims the whole year but I'm considering doing 6 months then trimming out some layers then doing more at the end of the year.so I'm more lurking currently

ioanaxena
February 7th, 2021, 01:17 AM
It's unlikely I'll get there as I'm probably going to be evening up some layers in July depending on how it looks then, I know I'm in no trims the whole year but I'm considering doing 6 months then trimming out some layers then doing more at the end of the year.so I'm more lurking currently

You’re always welcomed here, if you change your mind and want to partake in the “challenge” :).

MissMuse
February 7th, 2021, 01:53 AM
Stupid question but is winter around December? That will depend on if I join or not

ioanaxena
February 7th, 2021, 01:59 AM

Stupid question but is winter around December? That will depend on if I join or not

Yes. It's until the end of the year, as I make it from the first post :).

MissMuse
February 7th, 2021, 02:03 AM
Thank you I should read properly lol. Yep then I'm in I think I should be headed that way by Christmas time 🙂

stardust lady
February 7th, 2021, 02:15 AM
I'm in! I'm a year and a half from starting at a 360 shave, and I'm only at mid-neck now. But for part of that time, I was maintaining a pixie. So... I'm hopeful. :)

Bat
February 7th, 2021, 02:16 AM
You’re always welcomed here, if you change your mind and want to partake in the “challenge” :).

I shall peek in from time to time

veryhairyfairy
February 10th, 2021, 09:04 AM
Thanks for starting this thread, 0xalis, I think I need some inspiration and commiseration to get through my current awkward phase without chopping to chin.

Long story short ( :rolling: ) I had FTL henna'd hair a few years ago and wanted to grow out my natural color, so I chopped to waist, bleached, chopped to APL, bleached again, and have been maintaining various bobs since then to grow out the bleach. I had a lot of fun with short hair (and semi perm colors!) but now that I finally have 100% natural hair I want to grow out to maybe waist length- no trims if I can do it healthily.

I cut out the last of the bleach in August of last year in a tipsy fugue, which resulted in a mullety bowl cut thing from hell, got it kind of fixed up and now I'm currently CBL and chin length (2 fairly distinct layers) and about a month away from getting it all into a high ponytail!

Random hotel room pic because a silly spiral formed but shows the length well:
https://i.imgur.com/fU2Vfe8.jpg

Looking forward to cheering and being cheered on!! :toast:

jane_marie
February 10th, 2021, 09:26 AM
I think I'm going to follow this thread. I'm not going to "join" because that's too much pressure but I'll be lurking around here enjoying everyone's progress. :)

meepster
February 10th, 2021, 10:43 PM

I've noticed a lot of threads like this, "x length by y time (usually Christmas)" and now that I actually have a milestone coming up in that amount of time, I decided I'm gonna hop on the bandwagon ;)
I might even be a little bit past APL by December 2021 but that leaves me room for a trim if need be! But I am also joining "No Trim 2021" so I don't trim without good reason.

Anyone else in this with me? I'm at bottom of neck length right now, very close to shoulder. I feel a lot of people in 'Chin to Shoulder' as well as people in 'Shoulder to APL' could be here.
If you're gonna hit APL before then you should join in too, just be an early graduate! :D Just don't forget to pass the baton when you reach your finish line! :run::rolling:

I'm in! I'm kinda sorta approaching CBL right now (stretched out, that is), so I think I may be an early graduate, but in any case, count me in.

MissMuse
February 10th, 2021, 11:51 PM
Thanks for starting this thread, 0xalis, I think I need some inspiration and commiseration to get through my current awkward phase without chopping to chin.

Long story short ( :rolling: ) I had FTL henna'd hair a few years ago and wanted to grow out my natural color, so I chopped to waist, bleached, chopped to APL, bleached again, and have been maintaining various bobs since then to grow out the bleach. I had a lot of fun with short hair (and semi perm colors!) but now that I finally have 100% natural hair I want to grow out to maybe waist length- no trims if I can do it healthily.

I cut out the last of the bleach in August of last year in a tipsy fugue, which resulted in a mullety bowl cut thing from hell, got it kind of fixed up and now I'm currently CBL and chin length (2 fairly distinct layers) and about a month away from getting it all into a high ponytail!

Hang in there, it will all be worth it when you can put it all up in a pony tail and then you can just forget about it until you read APL. Good luck 🙂

MissMuse
February 10th, 2021, 11:53 PM
I'm in! I'm kinda sorta approaching CBL right now (stretched out, that is), so I think I may be an early graduate, but in any case, count me in.

Whoohoo good luck 🙂

veryhairyfairy
February 11th, 2021, 09:01 AM
Hang in there, it will all be worth it when you can put it all up in a pony tail and then you can just forget about it until you read APL. Good luck ��

:heartbeat

Thank you! That's what I've been telling myself: a chop to one length only increases the amount of time until I can set it and forget it (lol)

oldrocker
February 12th, 2021, 04:01 PM

I know the worry, as if I grew another 5 inches by December(should be doable) the longer bits should be easily to APL. However, with multiple layers(? - growing from a typical man cut), and untrimmed ends for a good bit longer than a year that are getting tangly, I think I have to trim some of the length at a minimum....so I hate to commit(dangit...I have my reasons)!. regardless....a couple microtrims are all I have planned for the foreseeable future, and might make it regardless.

More importantly from your post... I CHEER YOU!!! lol if nothing else, for an awesome candid picture that just seems really cool and somehow inspiring... that is all.

O.R.

meepster
February 12th, 2021, 04:54 PM
Hang in there, it will all be worth it when you can put it all up in a pony tail and then you can just forget about it until you read APL. Good luck ��

Yes yes yes! I had some major mullet-ing going on when I was at that length, and I'm so glad I never trimmed it. I'm now wearing it up every day and I can do quite a few different styles, and I'm nowhere near APL yet. Hang in there!

veryhairyfairy
February 13th, 2021, 09:13 AM
I know the worry, as if I grew another 5 inches by December(should be doable) the longer bits should be easily to APL. However, with multiple layers(? - growing from a typical man cut), and untrimmed ends for a good bit longer than a year that are getting tangly, I think I have to trim some of the length at a minimum....so I hate to commit(dangit...I have my reasons)!. regardless....a couple microtrims are all I have planned for the foreseeable future, and might make it regardless.

More importantly from your post... I CHEER YOU!!! lol if nothing else, for an awesome candid picture that just seems really cool and somehow inspiring... that is all.

O.R.

:flower: I've enjoyed seeing your posts this last year or so while I lurked, O.R, your compliments are so unique and genuine, thank you! :D

IIRC you're getting close to being able to put it all in a low ponytail, that will make a world of difference I think in how it looks and feels to you. I'm very much looking forward to that milestone myself but I think I have about 4 months until that happens, what I do know for sure is that we can do it!

Bat
February 13th, 2021, 06:05 PM
I won't make it I don't think but I should be close hopefully, so sticking my foot back in here

oldrocker
February 13th, 2021, 09:55 PM
:flower: I've enjoyed seeing your posts this last year or so while I lurked, O.R, your compliments are so unique and genuine, thank you! :D

IIRC you're getting close to being able to put it all in a low ponytail, that will make a world of difference I think in how it looks and feels to you. I'm very much looking forward to that milestone myself but I think I have about 4 months until that happens, what I do know for sure is that we can do it!

without blabbering on about this,I'll just say, yes...we shall both hit that milestone this year. Hope to grow to better lengths with you madam.

O.R.