PDA

View Full Version : Natural Hair Conditioner

Dolly
November 12th, 2008, 12:55 PM
Ok, I am a regular customer of Organic Creations, and I am SO excited! I just placed an order for an all-natural hair conditioner! It should be here in the next few days, and I can't wait! Have any of you tried it?

http://www.organic-creations.com/servlet/the-1437/all-natural-hair-conditioner/Detail

I didn't want to get a full half gallon, so I emailed the owner, and got a smaller bottle of it added to my most recent oil & butter order.

She is also sending me a sample of their shampoo bar. It is really a "no frills" bar, but it is pretty inexpensive, at $5 for a pound of it.

I'll let you know how the conditioner (and the shampoo bar) works!!

MandaMom2Three
November 12th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I can't wait to hear how it works for you!

Dolly
November 12th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I can't wait to hear how it works for you!

Well, it should be here in a couple of days, and I will be sure to post the results!

MandaMom2Three
November 12th, 2008, 07:28 PM
*pins and needles* I'd love to make my own scented conditioner :D . My hair likes cones but I'm such a natural product freak that I would really like to find something that will change it's mind LOL. Maybe after henna....

Dolly
November 12th, 2008, 07:32 PM
*pins and needles* I'd love to make my own scented conditioner :D . My hair likes cones but I'm such a natural product freak that I would really like to find something that will change it's mind LOL. Maybe after henna....

Yeah, that is one of the reasons I am trying it. Right now I am still occassionally using cones.....when I don't, my hair stages a revolt. I am hoping to find something natural that will make it just as happy.

MandaMom2Three
November 12th, 2008, 08:48 PM
I'm wondering if maybe the reason my hair is going all wonky when I try no cones is because I've never clarified, like EVER! Never one to actually sit down and study something out before jumping into things, I've tried all kinds of things and never once thought to clarify and start from scratch :p . I will be clarifying before my henna and then I'll stick with my current routine and then make changed GRADUALLY and see how my hair responds, but I'm thinking if the henna can repair some of the damage I've done with chemicals and heat, and the clarifying will get rid of any build up, it's the perfect time to start over and do it RIGHT this time :p

Dolly
November 13th, 2008, 04:52 AM
I'm wondering if maybe the reason my hair is going all wonky when I try no cones is because I've never clarified, like EVER!

Could be. I clarify whenever my hair starts acting weird.....I can tell when it needs it. My ends get like velcro. Suave clarifying shampoo works pretty good....it removes EVERYTHING.

Even when I clarified and started off with no cones, though, my hair revolted. And, I have tried it more than once. Some people's hair just likes the coney things, I guess. Maybe this conditioner will help, though.

Dolly
November 14th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I got my package from Organic Creations today!!! YAY! So many goodies! A sample of her shampoo bar, which seems to be a very good, basic bar, which I am buying more of. Also some aloe juice, aloe butter (which is aloe infused into virgin coconut oil), and wonderful virgin coconut oil with that delightful smell (I rubbed myself completely down with that after I dried off)!! YUMMY!!!

Anyway, on to the natural conditioner. It is thick and rich. It came in a big jar, more like a cream. The consistency is kind of like Aussie Deep, if any of you have used that one. It could probably be diluted with distilled water and put into a squirt bottle. Ok, so I put it on after using the 'poo bar, and let it sit while I proceeded with my shower. My hair rinsed out soft and silky, and detangled easily. I followed it with my usual vinegar rinse and it is now air-drying. So far so good! I will add further comments after it finishes drying!!

Dolly
November 14th, 2008, 11:17 AM
OK, so my hair is dry, and it's official! I'm in love! My hair is difficult because it is thin, fine, and straight, and gets weighed down VERY easily. Yet, it is also very dry.

With this conditioner, my hair feels soft and moisturized, but also light and fluffy. It has very nice bounce and body. I'm sold!

MandaMom2Three
November 14th, 2008, 07:55 PM
AWESOME!!!!! I'm adding this to my list of things to buy!!!!! Thanks for the reviews!!!!! Our hair seems very similar so I'm going to expect some good results LOL :D

Dolly
November 17th, 2008, 10:59 AM
GEEEEEZ, I am loving how my hair feels today!

Yesterday, I heavily oiled my hair with the aloe butter from OC, then last night, right before I braided it, I added a little more plain coconut oil. Then, this morning I washed with the OC shampoo bar and followed with the natural conditioner and my usual vinegar rinse. All I can say is WOW. My hair is soft and silky, with plenty of body and shine. I am impressed!