PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the Czech long hair community :)

Aha
March 23rd, 2008, 07:22 AM
Hello all,
Just wanted to send you all a biiiiig HI from the Czech longhair community of which I'm an admin together with about 8 moderators. We're at http://www.dlouhevlasy.cz , have been around for 2.5 years and now have about 2000 members and over 50000 forum posts (for a country of 10 million people this is not "bad" ;)). Our focus is similar like yours. And yes, we also have a large offtopic discussion area, user profiles and member galleries. Currently are building an e-shop and public galleries.
I've always been lurking at your community for inspiration on both longhair related as well as forum-management related and will stay (as a registered member now :)). I wish you and your admins all the best =)
Cheers,
aha

---
Dlouhevlasy.cz: Czech Long Hair Community (http://www.dlouhevlasy.cz)

levelek
March 23rd, 2008, 07:35 AM
Hello from the neighbourhood! It's great that you found us.
I clicked through to your site but I couldn't find the galleries straight away. Given that most people here won't speak Czech, perhaps you could give a direct link or explain how to find the parts that don't rely on language skills :)

Beatnik Guy
March 23rd, 2008, 07:35 AM
Hi Aha!
Your site looks good -- wish I could read Czech! :wink:

Aha
March 23rd, 2008, 07:54 AM
Hello from the neighbourhood! It's great that you found us.
I clicked through to your site but I couldn't find the galleries straight away. Given that most people here won't speak Czech, perhaps you could give a direct link or explain how to find the parts that don't rely on language skills :)

Hi Levelek - the user profiles open up when you click a user name or it can be accessed from the "Lide" tab (People). We have a limitation similar like what's on Longhaircommunity - the profiles and galleries are open only for registered users. We'll also introduce the forum post limit (but will start at 5 posts, to play it easy ;)). I'm considering re-opening our English forum and perhaps making the interface bi-lingual.. sometime in the future.

Liv
March 23rd, 2008, 09:57 AM
Hi, and welcome to the boards.:)