PDA

View Full Version : Length measurement after classic from the ground up...

zashin66
October 26th, 2020, 08:53 PM
A fun way to measure.

Must obtain tights from this link to keep standard.
See the post from lapis_lazuli.

For example.....Measurement is from heel up (22 strips length is 22 from heel to hemline.)

All pictures must include bottom of feet to hemline for proper consideration.

This will be a fun way to measure growth that equalises height differences

zashin66
October 26th, 2020, 08:55 PM
My tights are on order will arrive sometime 10/28-11/4. There Are lots of color combos for fashion fun.

darklyndsea
October 26th, 2020, 09:37 PM
The problem with using the same socks as a standard is that the stripes will be shorter for people with wide calves than they will be for people with skinny calves, due to the way knit fabric works. But it's not like classic, knee, ankle, etc. are all the same length from each other on every person anyway, so it doesn't matter much. Better than dealing with the thigh and calf abysses, anyway.

lapis_lazuli
October 26th, 2020, 11:57 PM
Just to let you know, there is a problem with the link you posted. If it's the same one from the other thread, here it is: https://www.amazon.com/Leg-Avenue-Womens-Striped-Tights/dp/B000YAOVCY/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=striped+tights&qid=1603739813&sr=8-2
It needs to be first opened in a browser, and then copy that URL into your post :)

They're neat socks! I'll have to see if they deliver to me.

zashin66
October 27th, 2020, 02:47 AM
The problem with using the same socks as a standard is that the stripes will be shorter for people with wide calves than they will be for people with skinny calves, due to the way knit fabric works. But it's not like classic, knee, ankle, etc. are all the same length from each other on every person anyway, so it doesn't matter much. Better than dealing with the thigh and calf abysses, anyway.

Not expecting airtight measurements just some fun:blossom:

cat11
October 27th, 2020, 10:04 AM
This sounds like fun! I am ordering the black & green pair :D

Even if each stripe isn't the same on each person if people post monthly or some other length of time pics you can see their individual progress stripe by stripe.

MusicalSpoons
October 27th, 2020, 10:42 AM
Can we still participate if we've bought from elsewhere but the stripes are about the same width?
[Mine were socks, not tights, and £2.99 rather than $16+ those tights would be :p]

Love the idea of a thread for stripy pics though! :bounce:

zashin66
October 27th, 2020, 03:52 PM
Can we still participate if we've bought from elsewhere but the stripes are about the same width?
[Mine were socks, not tights, and £2.99 rather than $16+ those tights would be :p]

Love the idea of a thread for stripy pics though! :bounce:

Sure.... The whole idea is to have something fun and 'about the same' to use to measure from the ground up instead of measuring from up to down. The tights have some fun combo colors. But socks will do IF the strips are the same distance apart as the tights.

The socks will stretch out a bit with the calf same as the tights might do.

zashin66
October 30th, 2020, 05:22 PM
So the package has Arrived!!! Will not be able to post today so will try to post picture tomorrow evening. :D

cat11
November 1st, 2020, 07:54 AM
Mine came but I wont be able to post for awhile I had to return them they were too small and had some little holes in them -_-;

zashin66
November 2nd, 2020, 03:43 AM
Mine came but I wont be able to post for awhile I had to return them they were too small and had some little holes in them -_-;

Mine did come but but I haven't had time to even try them !!