PDA

View Full Version : TBL By Christmas 2021

Dark40
October 23rd, 2020, 09:17 PM
Hi all,

I am trying to grow my hair out to TBL by Christmas of 2021. Who would like to come and grow with me?

ZoeZ
October 24th, 2020, 01:52 AM
I will join you in that resolution. I may just be able to reach tailbone if I don't trim! Good luck to us :)

Bri-Chan
October 24th, 2020, 05:04 AM
I'm in! I should be able to be there.

Dark40
October 24th, 2020, 12:34 PM
Welcome Zooz and Bri-Chan! Yes, good luck to all of us. I think I will be there too.

NJoy
November 5th, 2020, 09:45 PM
I’ll join! I’m looking forward to reaching tailbone. Good luck to us all.

Fiore
November 6th, 2020, 12:38 PM
Definetely in! Good luck everyone!

Dark40
November 6th, 2020, 12:42 PM
Hello and welcome NJoy and Fiore! :) Yes, good luck to us all and everyone!

knobbly
December 27th, 2020, 07:21 PM
I should get to true tailbone by the end of the year. So I’m in!

RebekahE
December 28th, 2020, 06:10 AM
I'll also join. I'm a little past hip right now, so I should be able to make it by next Christmas.

Dark40
January 1st, 2021, 09:21 PM
Welcome knobby and RebekahE! Good luck to us all getting there.

Jools69
January 2nd, 2021, 01:42 AM
Count me in, too. I’m currently at waist after a tiny trim. I don’t know whether I’ll make TBL by the end of the year, but willing to give it a go. :thumbsup:

Dark40
January 2nd, 2021, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the club Jools69! You are more than welcome to join us even if you don't think you'll make it to TBL this Christmas. :)

Sparkles122
January 2nd, 2021, 09:39 AM
I think i’m in. Tailbone is about 40 maybe 41 on me.

Finda
January 2nd, 2021, 12:34 PM
I should make tbl as well. I'm thinking about maintaining at that length until the rest of my hair will have caught up^^

spidermom
January 2nd, 2021, 04:40 PM
Me too me too! Here is my starting length (just brushing hip):
https://i.imgur.com/2euxHtc.jpg?1

Barring unforeseen damage, I should make it.

Dark40
January 2nd, 2021, 06:44 PM
I think i’m in. Tailbone is about 40 maybe 41 on me.

Welcome to the club! How tall are you?

I should make tbl as well. I'm thinking about maintaining at that length until the rest of my hair will have caught up^^

Welcome to the thread! Yeah, I know whatcha mean about letting the rest of your hair catch up ^^ I'm doing the same too

Welcome to the thread! Wow! That's an awesome starting point! :D You have really made a lot of progress since I've seen you last! Yeah, I know what you mean about the unforeseen damage. I think you'll be able to make it. You're not the far. BTW, your waves and hair are so pretty at the length it's at now!

Sparkles122
January 2nd, 2021, 07:51 PM
Welcome to the club! How tall are you?

Welcome to the thread! Yeah, I know whatcha mean about letting the rest of your hair catch up ^^ I'm doing the same too

Welcome to the thread! Wow! That's an awesome starting point! :D You have really made a lot of progress since I've seen you last! Yeah, I know what you mean about the unforeseen damage. I think you'll be able to make it. You're not the far. BTW, your waves and hair are so pretty at the length it's at now!

I’m 5’5 with long torso

Dark40
January 3rd, 2021, 08:09 AM
I’m 5’5 with long torso

Ok, well I think you'll reach tbl by the end of the year with minimal or no-trims. I'm on the "No-Trim Challenge," every year. So, I think if I don't trim at all I will be able to reach it.

WavyWannabe
January 21st, 2021, 02:03 AM

Hi spidermom! I didn't know you were growing again. Last time I saw your posts you were enjoying collarbone length and toying with the idea of maybe growing back to waist ;)
Regardless of the length, I love the color and waves!

Belgrade Beauty
March 4th, 2021, 05:12 AM
Hi everyone, I did a quick search and couldn’t find this thread. I know there was one last year, so for us who didn’t make it by Christmas 2020, let’s cheer each other up in 2021.
I’m currently on 85,6cm which is 1 cm away from BCL. I hope that by the end of the year I will reach tailbone as my final goal after what I’ll maintain or even return to BCL depending on how my ends look like :)

Bri-Chan
March 4th, 2021, 05:45 AM
I'm in! I'm at 94 cm and TBL is at 99/100, so I'll be there for sure! I think I'll maintain it at TBL for the remaining months of 2021.

knobbly
March 4th, 2021, 08:11 AM
Pretty sure there is a thread already? Started by Dark40 if memory serves. Though she’s at APL so I’m not sure how that’s gonna work but anyway, lemme try to find it and maybe mods can merge.

pisinoe
March 4th, 2021, 08:27 AM
I’m here! By the grace of the elves, I’ll reach it this year....

knobbly
March 4th, 2021, 08:29 AM
Yay mod magic!

Belgrade Beauty
March 4th, 2021, 08:45 AM
Pretty sure there is a thread already? Started by Dark40 if memory serves. Though she’s at APL so I’m not sure how that’s gonna work but anyway, lemme try to find it and maybe mods can merge.

I couldn’t find it for the life Of me, even with TBL. Nevermind tho, we’re here and ready to demolish some goals this year! Also, don’t go there that’s one of the things we turn a blind eye to here :)
BRICHAN- you’re gonna hit it before all of us , and yay for you girl, I’ve been with you in same abysses since I joined!

knobbly
March 4th, 2021, 09:08 AM
I couldn’t find it for the life Of me, even with TBL. Nevermind tho, we’re here and ready to demolish some goals this year! Also, don’t go there that’s one of the things we turn a blind eye to here :)
BRICHAN- you’re gonna hit it before all of us , and yay for you girl, I’ve been with you in same abysses since I joined!

Hahahaha okay.

I actually was gonna post to this thread this week because I finally have a current length pic, but I also wanted to measure. Maybe bumping this thread will give me the kick in the behind to actually do it.

Finda
March 4th, 2021, 11:02 AM
I'm curious if I will make it. My hairgrowth is currently stalling. But I think that happened early last year as well. So I'm hoping for the warmer months ;)

Bri-Chan
March 4th, 2021, 12:27 PM

Yes I hope to be there before the end of the summer! We'll see.
You're not that far, tho! Your hair grows fast, you can make it :flower:

Belgrade Beauty
March 4th, 2021, 04:05 PM
Hahahaha okay.

I actually was gonna post to this thread this week because I finally have a current length pic, but I also wanted to measure. Maybe bumping this thread will give me the kick in the behind to actually do it.
We’re waiting for that pic!

I'm curious if I will make it. My hairgrowth is currently stalling. But I think that happened early last year as well. So I'm hoping for the warmer months ;)
I’m quite the opposite, mine grows faster in the winter. At least last year. ;)

Yes I hope to be there before the end of the summer! We'll see.
You're not that far, tho! Your hair grows fast, you can make it :flower:
You most certainly will. And me... well if I stay disciplined and away from scissors haha , who knows, 14 cm away from 100. But to be honest I don’t think my tbl is on 100, it’s probably less.

baanoo
March 4th, 2021, 05:13 PM
I'm in! < looks determinedly into the sunset >
who can resist with such good company :hifive:

pisinoe
March 4th, 2021, 05:25 PM
What are your plans? No trimming until then?

I made a promise that I wouldn't cut my hair for a whole year anyway so I think now I just have to be patient but it feels like it's never gonna get there.

knobbly
March 4th, 2021, 08:03 PM
Okay here’s my update!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44627&d=1614619962

The bottom hem of my shirt is BCL more or less, so I have about 6” to go to get to true tailbone.

Measured today and got 33” which is what I got last time I measured, whenever that was. :-( Which obviously means I didn’t measure correctly last time. Still disappointing though.

Dark40
March 4th, 2021, 09:43 PM
Okay here’s my update!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43569&d=1606763879

The bottom hem of my shirt is BCL more or less, so I have about 6” to go to get to true tailbone.

Measured today and got 33” which is what I got last time I measured, whenever that was. :-( Which obviously means I didn’t measure correctly last time. Still disappointing though.

Congrats on the update! Yeah, you are definitely 6" from tailbone. BTW, your hair is growing beautifully!

Dark40
March 4th, 2021, 09:46 PM

I made a promise that I wouldn't cut my hair for a whole year anyway so I think now I just have to be patient but it feels like it's never gonna get there.

I also have no plans in trimming or cutting my hair anymore this year either! I'm not going to trim anymore off unless it really needs it, and that is not too often. Yeah, I know that feeling of it feeling like it will never get there but don't worry. It will get there sooner than you think. :)

knobbly
March 4th, 2021, 10:04 PM
Okay here’s my update!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44627&d=1614619962

I accidentally added the image from last November instead of from earlier this week. Now this post makes sense! 1” to BCL and another 5” to get to TBL. This is what I get for posting while watching TV.

Belgrade Beauty
March 5th, 2021, 01:13 AM

I tried the no trim 2020, but made it to May :( so I’m not gonna be that ambitious now, I’m starting smaller with no trim 2021 but first half... if I make it, I might to for the second half, but you’ve seen my hair. If the ends thin out too much, I’ll trim :)

Okay here’s my update!

Yeah, that doesn’t sound right. But if measured by yourself, it can happen. Whenever I do it myself I get more than it is. So I nag my hubby to do it, every 1st of the month, and I write it down in my journal. So I’ll know exactly by the end of the year how much it grew ;)

baanoo
March 5th, 2021, 05:00 AM
Okay here’s my update!

:crush:

How tall are you? I have never been able to measure the overall length of my own hair with any real confidence / sense of accuracy so I just... stopped. ;) visual markers seem good enough to me.

Bri-Chan
March 5th, 2021, 05:33 AM
I am at 37 inches and I started measuring by myself like 2-3 inches ago, before it was too difficult.

knobbly
March 5th, 2021, 09:43 AM
:crush:

How tall are you? I have never been able to measure the overall length of my own hair with any real confidence / sense of accuracy so I just... stopped. ;) visual markers seem good enough to me.

Haha I am SHORT and short waisted. Like I’m 5’ tall but can usually fit into regular length pants. Definitely need to buy petites if I’m buying a tailored shirt, though.

Yeah I had been measuring it myself, and very sporadically, not making note of how often, just changing it in my member info that appears in the left side over there. I should have my spouse measure it monthly like Belgrade Beauty does. I’m not an obsessive personality I don’t think; it would be interesting to see if I have growth seasons or spurts, and measuring regularly is the only way to make note of that.

baanoo
March 5th, 2021, 10:01 AM
Haha I am SHORT and short waisted. Like I’m 5’ tall but can usually fit into regular length pants. Definitely need to buy petites if I’m buying a tailored shirt, though.

Yeah I had been measuring it myself, and very sporadically, not making note of how often, just changing it in my member info that appears in the left side over there. I should have my spouse measure it monthly like Belgrade Beauty does. I’m not an obsessive personality I don’t think; it would be interesting to see if I have growth seasons or spurts, and measuring regularly is the only way to make note of that.

Lolol I never envied my shorter comrades (except when buying jeans!) until coming here - I’m 5’7”+ and long waisted!

I guess for me the monthly photos help enough to see if I’m having fits or spurts. 🧐

Dark40
March 6th, 2021, 01:10 PM
I'm in! < looks determinedly into the sunset >
who can resist with such good company :hifive:

Welcome to the thread! :) Me too also looking determinedly into the sunset. You are so right. Who can resist with such good company :hifive:
Good luck! Happy Growing! :)

Madeline C.
March 9th, 2021, 03:26 PM
If my growth calculations are correct, and I stay faithful to the no trim 2021, I should hit tailbone stretched by November/ December. It will take a few more months to get there curly. I'm super excited to see how my hair grows and changes this year! I don't know about the rest of you, but my hair is currently at the longest it's ever been before!!

Dark40
March 9th, 2021, 06:54 PM
Madeline C., welcome to the thread! I'm also excited to see how my hair grows this year too! Well, mine is not at it's longest it's ever been but during my childhood when I was 12 and 13 years old my hair almost grew to hip length! It was about 2 or 3 inches above hip length on me as a child, and I'm still the same height as I was back then 4'11".