PDA

View Full Version : Natural soap: how one ancient company makes it

Neoma
October 15th, 2020, 10:20 AM
I thought that shampoo bar users and fans of natural soaps would find this interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPsYOnGPOZk.

Ylva
October 15th, 2020, 10:41 AM
I remember seeing this video when I was researching shampoo bars. I think I have one Nablus soap bar at home. :)

Neoma
October 15th, 2020, 11:07 AM
I remember seeing this video when I was researching shampoo bars. I think I have one Nablus soap bar at home. :)
If you ever decide to use it, please let us know how you liked it, Ylva!

In the meantime, I think I'll look for some olive oil soap. :flower:

Shorty89
October 17th, 2020, 11:12 AM
Wow, that's a lot of soap! Super cool video. :) I have a lot of Middle Eastern stores near me. I might have to see if I can find this soap here.

Neoma
October 17th, 2020, 03:31 PM
Wow, that's a lot of soap! Super cool video. :) I have a lot of Middle Eastern stores near me. I might have to see if I can find this soap here.
Oh, that's a great idea! I hope that you find some.

MusicalSpoons
October 18th, 2020, 08:30 AM
That is very cool! Unfortunately my skin is too unpredictable to justify buying some to try (it's available here but not cheap, understandably so). I wonder how the factory smells - the soap is described as having no scent but I wonder how it smells during the process.
The skill to stamp each square like that is amazing!

Neoma
October 18th, 2020, 10:56 AM
That is very cool! Unfortunately my skin is too unpredictable to justify buying some to try (it's available here but not cheap, understandably so). I wonder how the factory smells - the soap is described as having no scent but I wonder how it smells during the process.
The skill to stamp each square like that is amazing!

I imagine the factory smells like olive oil, a little green and fruity. But I could be wrong! :D

I, too, was impressed by how they stamped them so accurately and fast.

SleepyTangles
October 19th, 2020, 04:21 PM
I've had Nablus soap: best soap ever for sensitive skin.
I also frequently buy fairtrade soap produced by Sindyanna of Galilee, an Arab-Jewish cooperative that also produces olive oil for Dr Bronner and other organic brands. Quality is just as high, but they do only normal soap bars.
It's worth mentioning that Syria also had one of the most ancient, reputable soap-making traditions of the whole world, but I'm sure the war and the bombing made difficult for producers to keep going.

Bri-Chan
October 19th, 2020, 04:42 PM
Ohw I'd like to try it now!

Neoma
October 19th, 2020, 08:15 PM
I've had Nablus soap: best soap ever for sensitive skin.
I also frequently buy fairtrade soap produced by Sindyanna of Galilee, an Arab-Jewish cooperative that also produces olive oil for Dr Bronner and other organic brands. Quality is just as high, but they do only normal soap bars.
It's worth mentioning that Syria also had one of the most ancient, reputable soap-making traditions of the whole world, but I'm sure the war and the bombing made difficult for producers to keep going.Thank you for sharing your experience and knowledge, SleepyTangles!

I didn't know about Sindyanna of Galilee. I just found them on Amazon (https://smile.amazon.com/Traditionally-Therapeutic-Ingredients-Excellent-Antioxidant/dp/B07JH461L9/ref=sr_1_1?crid=2HPRTHTMEA72J&dchild=1&keywords=sindyanna%2Bof%2Bgalilee%2Bsoap&qid=1603159914&sprefix=Sindyanna%2Bof%2BGalilee%2Caps%2C496&sr=8-1&th=1).

It's hard to imagine life how life, much less soap making, goes on in Syria. :cry:

SleepyTangles
October 20th, 2020, 02:46 AM
You're welcome Neoma!
I've read news that family businesses are trying to get back to work in Syria, and also many families relocated in new countries are starting their business again there: it's something that gives me hope!

Neoma
October 20th, 2020, 12:07 PM
You're welcome Neoma!
I've read news that family businesses are trying to get back to work in Syria, and also many families relocated in new countries are starting their business again there: it's something that gives me hope!
Peoples' resilience amazes me.