PDA

View Full Version : Just a happy post!

Loveletters
October 13th, 2020, 07:35 AM
Hey there everyone,
It's me, that girl that was posting all these depressive posts about how my hair was thinning and falling out about a year ago. Was caused by my eating disorder and stress. Ever since I decided to make a change and become healthier I've given my hair a lot of love and attention I gotta say, it kinda worked! I also stopped getting highlights (I love blonde hair, but it's not worth the damage. Guess I just gotta learn to live like an almost-brunette lol). Even though the damage is still visible close to the ends, my hair feels much much thicker and softer close to the roots and around my face. What helped me a lot was omega 3 fish oil, one tablespoon a day, and organic yoghurt every once in a while. Ever since I started taking that I've seen serious improvements.This school year is also much less stressful than the previous years, despite of the virus everything is going quite well, so I think that also had a positive effect on my overall health. I'm thinking of cutting off the ends of my hair soon, from just below my hips back to waist length or something so I can grow it out like this. I'm very happy!

sipnsun
October 13th, 2020, 07:45 AM
Yay! That is awesome and I'm so happy for you, it's amazing how much stress can affect our overall health and well-being. I'm glad you are on the road to a healthier you!

SleepyTangles
October 13th, 2020, 07:50 AM
We love this kind of happy posts! :cheer:
I'm so happy to hear this, Omega-3 are so important in our diet and stress is everywhere, so kudos to you!

Bat
October 13th, 2020, 07:55 AM
Congrats, wonderful news

lapushka
October 13th, 2020, 08:01 AM
Recovering, or in the midst of, from an eating disorder is not easy at all. I commend you for that.

Here's to you growing out your natural color! :D :flower:

And I'm glad things are looking up for you. It's not an easy year all around, but it seems you are doing well.

Welcome back! :D

GoddesJourney
October 13th, 2020, 08:19 AM
It is so refreshing to read a happy post. You are not only inspiring as a person who has made a positive change and is sticking to it, but also to come bring light to our forum. We complain a lot here. We also tend to see a of problems because it is in the nature of a forum like this to help troubleshoot eachother's hair and scalp problems, image issues, provide social support when people's friends or family are unkind about our hair related image or other things. We give a lot of advice and many people are not willing to change themselves in order to change their situations or change their habits to get things that they want. You, dear Loveletters, bring a positive example. Maybe I'm in a weird mood this morning but you added hope to my day. Thanks and congratulations. :D

lapis_lazuli
October 13th, 2020, 08:25 AM
This is amazing; I'm so happy for you! I've been where you are. Health comes before everything, even hair, and I'm glad you're finding your way. Be proud of yourself.
Best with growing and your school year :flower:

mariakatija
October 13th, 2020, 09:01 AM
That's amazing! Yay for self care.

Dark40
October 13th, 2020, 09:48 AM
Yay! I am so happy for your speedy recovery from your eating disorder and back to good health! I love post about happy things! I'm glad you are including he omega-3 fish oil in your diet! I've heard some really excellent benefits from it for many years. Welcome back! :)

Amenahh
October 13th, 2020, 09:53 AM
That's so good to hear, it's really nice reading a happy post such as this one!
I'm happy things are going better for you!!

Alexandrina
October 13th, 2020, 12:51 PM
Hey there everyone,
It's me, that girl that was posting all these depressive posts about how my hair was thinning and falling out about a year ago. Was caused by my eating disorder and stress. Ever since I decided to make a change and become healthier I've given my hair a lot of love and attention I gotta say, it kinda worked! I also stopped getting highlights (I love blonde hair, but it's not worth the damage. Guess I just gotta learn to live like an almost-brunette lol). Even though the damage is still visible close to the ends, my hair feels much much thicker and softer close to the roots and around my face. What helped me a lot was omega 3 fish oil, one tablespoon a day, and organic yoghurt every once in a while. Ever since I started taking that I've seen serious improvements.This school year is also much less stressful than the previous years, despite of the virus everything is going quite well, so I think that also had a positive effect on my overall health. I'm thinking of cutting off the ends of my hair soon, from just below my hips back to waist length or something so I can grow it out like this. I'm very happy!

Glad you are doing much better! Keep it up!