PDA

View Full Version : Fenugreek and inversion method for hair growth!

Dominga
October 6th, 2020, 01:17 AM
Hi girls and boys, I'm new here I want to introduce myself first:)
My name is Dom, I'm 25 yrs old and come from a beautiful sunny city in south of Italy called Bari.
I've Always had long hair since 14 yrsl old, tailbone lenght to be precise!
I decided to chop it all off because it was so so so so damaged but from there I started a bad cycle of: dying, straightening, blow drying, bleaching, etc..
From that moment I never had super long hair, I was forced to cut everytime because my ends were terrible!
At 17 I started taking care of my hair, with Amla, eggs, coconut oil.. But it didn't take so long to come back and bleaching my hair again. after growing out my natural dark brown color..
Now I'm here, at 25 yrs old and today I mark a YEAR of natural hair care! Started from 18,9 inches in lenght and now I'm at 26,7 inches after 1.5 inch cut in September! I've never been this proud of what I'm doing!
No bleaching, no flat irons, no blow drying.. Just 2 step Henna (lawsonia and indigo) coconut oil, shea butter, a loooot of leave in and super organic shampoos and conditioners (sometimes I was my hair with chickpea flour )
Another thing that I'm doing is the inversion method with fenugreek gel made from the seeds.
I'm at my 2nd cycle of 7 days and the results are incredible! 1,5 cm in a week every tiime I do it (7 days every 3 weeks for 3 months and then start again after 3 months of stop, otherwise your hair will get used to it and it will not work!)
I want to know If you are using fenugreek to and how you use it! I'm seeing a lot of growth in palces where my hair would be short forever and I can't wait to fit everything into my tiny ponytail (3,15 inches) so it will be full again:o
My goal is 35 inches, hope to reach it soon!

Bat
October 6th, 2020, 01:39 AM
I'm tempted to try fenugreek stuff but was told it can help fade dye out, maybe one day I'll stop dying and can try it

Bri-Chan
October 6th, 2020, 01:53 AM
Hi, welcome!
I know italian pages show something different, but 3,15 inches is totally average. Don't worry about that, it's not tiny at all.
I know that massage (Trecce Fatate youtube channel/Facebook group?). My opinion about massages, also about inversion method, is that it's not for everyone's scalp. It's irritate my scalp as other massages I tried.
I own tones of fenugreek powder and my hair hates it, it dries my length (yes, I prepared it well) and as Bat suspects, it does the dye fade. I never tried the gel.

Anyway, happy growth!

Dominga
October 6th, 2020, 01:54 AM
I know that can fade Henna instead of a normal dye, because henna sits on top of the strand while dye sits kinda inside the cuticle.. So you can try for yourself! :)
I have henna on my hair and I don't see thatt much of a change actually :)

Dominga
October 6th, 2020, 01:59 AM
HI there! I come from Trecce Fatate's Facebook group run by Claudia! She is amazing and of course my mentor :D
I know that fenugreek is not for everyone, there are so many other ingredients and remedies that nature gives us so we can always try until we find the perfect one :)
So happy to see you here!

Bri-Chan
October 6th, 2020, 03:10 AM
I know that can fade Henna instead of a normal dye, because henna sits on top of the strand while dye sits kinda inside the cuticle.. So you can try for yourself! :)
On me the fading is visible. If I'm not wrong (and correct me if I am) fenugreek has a high pH. I suspected this could be the deal with dyed and high porosity hair. Especially if you have bleach under the dye.
I actually bought it because I liked it mixed with other things (kapoor, amla) but I had no idea pure fenugreek wasn't for me.

HI there! I come from Trecce Fatate's Facebook group run by Claudia! She is amazing and of course my mentor :D
I know that fenugreek is not for everyone, there are so many other ingredients and remedies that nature gives us so we can always try until we find the perfect one :)
So happy to see you here!
Oh, I know here channel pretty much since she started it. She's such a kind person, but our hair is extremely different.

Carrie's hair
November 1st, 2020, 03:03 PM
Henna comes from a plant and its dye combines with the keratin in the hair.