PDA

View Full Version : Semi and Deposit Dye Club

Bat
October 5th, 2020, 09:58 PM
topic for people who use deposit and demi dyes, this will also include "natural' colored semi's and people growing out natural hair that still use non permanent color for fun while growing it out

I myself am a mix of colorful longhair AND growing out natural while still using deposits

the side where I got a side shave I'll be using it as my experimenting side, the side where I'll keep up bleach, while the rest will just use deposits while it grows long and healthy

for me I think this will work the best as I don't really fit in colorful long hair or growing out natural so I guess this topic combines it all!

0xalis
October 5th, 2020, 10:38 PM
I love vegetable dyes like arctic fox. I don't plan on using any hair dye again for the foreseeable future but I had a lot of success with those in the past! I was able to use it directly on my natural hair colour and still get a vibrant result :)

catysue
October 5th, 2020, 10:49 PM
My hair has been every color of the rainbow with semi-perm veggie dyes! Manic Panic and Lunar Tides were my favorites. I'm currently maintaining my roots with Wella 1N Demi-Permanent dye. I'd like to switch to indigo because I used to henna my hair and I absolutely loved it, but my hair grows wayyyyy too fast for that. I have to touch up my roots once a month!! a blessing and a curse LOL

Jo Ann
October 5th, 2020, 11:40 PM
About the ONLY color I haven't done (other than for color correction purposes) is yellow. Faves are MP and AF--currently AF Aquamarine on natural hair and MP Voodoo Blue on the bleached hair. I usually use conditioner to dilute the dye, but this time I used the dye full-strength--last time I do that, because it's proving harder than hell to remove...

https://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/butter/uncertain-smiley-emoticon.png

I change my hair color about every month.

Next up is AF Porange...for Halloween or Thanksgiving.

Amenahh
October 6th, 2020, 12:41 AM
Joining this thread because I plan on going for Arctic Fox in black.

I've used a pink/purple in the past directly on my hair colour (medium/dark brown) and got a nice dark purple. They're fun.

Bat
October 6th, 2020, 01:24 AM
My hair has been every color of the rainbow with semi-perm veggie dyes! Manic Panic and Lunar Tides were my favorites. I'm currently maintaining my roots with Wella 1N Demi-Permanent dye. I'd like to switch to indigo because I used to henna my hair and I absolutely loved it, but my hair grows wayyyyy too fast for that. I have to touch up my roots once a month!! a blessing and a curse LOL

I wanted to try hendigo but honestly I change my hair up too often, and i'm not a fan of the fact it won't really be consistent each time

oooh that is exciting, I can't wait to see, have you used it before? I hear it smells nice.

I love vegetable dyes like arctic fox. I don't plan on using any hair dye again for the foreseeable future but I had a lot of success with those in the past! I was able to use it directly on my natural hair colour and still get a vibrant result :) I admire that you can stick to your guns, it is unlikely that I'll ever stop dying my hair, but will cut all permanents out (will still continue to bleach my side shave that is growing out.)

About the ONLY color I haven't done (other than for color correction purposes) is yellow. Faves are MP and AF--currently AF Aquamarine on natural hair and MP Voodoo Blue on the bleached hair. I usually use conditioner to dilute the dye, but this time I used the dye full-strength--last time I do that, because it's proving harder than hell to remove...

https://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/butter/uncertain-smiley-emoticon.png

I change my hair color about every month.

Next up is AF Porange...for Halloween or Thanksgiving.

I've not used yellow either, almost everything else I have though

SleepyTangles
October 6th, 2020, 01:54 AM
Awesome idea for a thread Bat!
I currently have a jar of Lunar Tides "Nightshade" coming my way :eyebrows:! Can't wait to try it out!

Bat
October 6th, 2020, 01:56 AM
Awesome idea for a thread Bat!
I currently have a jar of Lunar Tides "Nightshade" coming my way :eyebrows:! Can't wait to try it out!

thanks! silly question is it another purple?

YAS! ULTIMATE GOTH POINTS

(this is my 1980th post!)

Amenahh
October 6th, 2020, 01:57 AM
oooh that is exciting, I can't wait to see, have you used it before? I hear it smells nice.

Nope. I've only used AF and MP in purple, I vaguely remember they both smelled nice and my hair felt really nice and soft too. I forgot they have black as an option.
I can't wait. Just waiting for the 2 weeks to pass.

Bat
October 6th, 2020, 02:17 AM
Nope. I've only used AF and MP in purple, I vaguely remember they both smelled nice and my hair felt really nice and soft too. I forgot they have black as an option.
I can't wait. Just waiting for the 2 weeks to pass.

I half hope the urge fades so you can keep your current progress, but if you decide to do it black, welcome to the dark side, I'm looking at black deposit dyes atm myself I might try Luna Tides Eclipse Black

Amenahh
October 6th, 2020, 02:38 AM
I half hope the urge fades so you can keep your current progress, but if you decide to do it black, welcome to the dark side, I'm looking at black deposit dyes atm myself I might try Luna Tides Eclipse Black

Haha thanks! Maybe it will fade.
I will at some point dye it black again, but my plan was to grow virgin until I start going gray. Going gray would be my excuse to start dyeing again :whistle:
But deposit dyes aren't really an issue - I just didn't want to damage my hair, that's why I'm growing natural. My hair is brown anyway, so there also wouldn't be any awkward fading going on.

Bat
October 6th, 2020, 04:12 AM
I will at some point dye it black again, but my plan was to grow virgin until I start going gray. Going gray would be my excuse to start dyeing again :whistle:
But deposit dyes aren't really an issue - I just didn't want to damage my hair, that's why I'm growing natural. My hair is brown anyway, so there also wouldn't be any awkward fading going on.

that is very true, deposit dyes will help me grow, since I can color to my hearts content while my natural hair depressing me

SleepyTangles
October 6th, 2020, 05:41 AM
thanks! silly question is it another purple?

YAS! ULTIMATE GOTH POINTS

(this is my 1980th post!)

It is lol ;)! A most gorgeous violet, on the verge of blue: I really hope it will look like the pictures I've seen.
I also wanted to try Lunar Tides Orchid, buuuut it didn't feel quite as pigmented: I mean, if I want a lighter color I can just trow a bit of conditioner in, it's more cost effective.

spidermom
October 6th, 2020, 06:03 AM
My hair is becoming so light with age that I can use a wide range of colors on it.

Bat
October 6th, 2020, 06:06 AM
It is lol ;)! A most gorgeous violet, on the verge of blue: I really hope it will look like the pictures I've seen.
I also wanted to try Lunar Tides Orchid, buuuut it didn't feel quite as pigmented: I mean, if I want a lighter color I can just trow a bit of conditioner in, it's more cost effective.
I'm considering lunar tides eclipse black since it says it's a purple blue black but I'll see there is also manic panic raven or artic fox's Transylvanian black, I guess I'll have to try them all eventually to find the best,but since I just dyed my hair I won't need to worry for a long while

Bat
October 6th, 2020, 06:07 AM
My hair is becoming so light with age that I can use a wide range of colors on it.
That is the upside of greys no need for bleaching to have fun with deposits

luluj
October 6th, 2020, 06:12 AM
That is the upside of greys no need for bleaching to have fun with deposits

I couldn't agree more. I've always toyed with the idea of a few mauve highlights and with my silvers it would be an easy process. Some day!

Bat
October 6th, 2020, 06:16 AM
I couldn't agree more. I've always toyed with the idea of a few mauve highlights and with my silvers it would be an easy process. Some day!

That sounds lovely, your hair is so nice too I saw in the shorter updo topic

Simpscone
October 6th, 2020, 07:56 AM
I'm definitely in this club, even more so that the colourful longhairs since I don't think my hair is so long yet :lol:

Currently I use La Riche Directions in Turquoise, it's the most readily available brand over here and what I've used for most of my bright colours!

I've also used Crazy Color in the past, Manic Panic once I think, and Arctic Fox for their Cosmic Sunshine when I was bright yellow. I love love love the smell of Arctic Fox, but the cost of getting it to the UK just doesn't seem worth it. That's what I'm trying to tell myself anyway :lol:

I have an album on here with all the colours I've done (basically everything but black!) if anyone is interested, buuuut this is my hair today -

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42877&d=1601992409

Amenahh
October 6th, 2020, 08:32 AM
I'm definitely in this club, even more so that the colourful longhairs since I don't think my hair is so long yet :lol:

Currently I use La Riche Directions in Turquoise, it's the most readily available brand over here and what I've used for most of my bright colours!

I've also used Crazy Color in the past, Manic Panic once I think, and Arctic Fox for their Cosmic Sunshine when I was bright yellow. I love love love the smell of Arctic Fox, but the cost of getting it to the UK just doesn't seem worth it. That's what I'm trying to tell myself anyway :lol:

I have an album on here with all the colours I've done (basically everything but black!) if anyone is interested, buuuut this is my hair today -

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42877&d=1601992409

:thud: amazing!

cat11
October 6th, 2020, 09:25 AM

I'm doing the same thing!! Keeping my hair virgin until it starts going grey. I haven't dyed since 2012 when I dyed it very dark brown, almost black. Before that it was an amalgamation of colors, mostly purple with a little red/blue.

I look forward to moving to deposit/semi in "black brown" or natural black whatever it is called when I start going grey. I don't think Ill ever do box dye again.

Amenahh
October 6th, 2020, 12:36 PM
I'm doing the same thing!! Keeping my hair virgin until it starts going grey. I haven't dyed since 2012 when I dyed it very dark brown, almost black. Before that it was an amalgamation of colors, mostly purple with a little red/blue.

I look forward to moving to deposit/semi in "black brown" or natural black whatever it is called when I start going grey. I don't think Ill ever do box dye again.

Wow, you've managed to go a long time without dye, well done! We also have a very similar natural hair colour from what I see in your length pictures! (only mine still has a lot of warmer tones from the dye that is still growing out)

Bat
October 6th, 2020, 04:44 PM

Gorgeous as always!

SleepyTangles
October 12th, 2020, 07:03 AM
It's here! :eyebrows:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42937&d=1602506268

jane_marie
October 12th, 2020, 07:08 AM
ahhhh! Is today the day? I have read so many good things about lunar tides. I'm excited to see hw it goes for you. :D

Bat
October 12th, 2020, 08:20 AM
It's here! :eyebrows:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42937&d=1602506268

Ooooh hope it turns out!

clandestine
October 12th, 2020, 08:45 AM
Bat thank you so much for this thread! I went back to black on Saturday. The semi permanent dyes are my favorite and I've used them since 2006! They really help me not to chop and my fine hair appreciates them.

I used a plug in heating cap on Saturday and it is a must have for these dyes.

Hooray, I'm so happy for this thread!

Amenahh
October 12th, 2020, 09:58 AM
clandestine, I'm also planning on dyeing in black, which dye did you use, and did you like it?

Amenahh
October 12th, 2020, 10:12 AM
Has anyone tried the Manic Panic Raven (black)? How did it go?
It seems that it's the only one I can easily find to order here.

SleepyTangles
October 12th, 2020, 12:48 PM
ahhhh! Is today the day? I have read so many good things about lunar tides. I'm excited to see hw it goes for you. :D

Ooooh hope it turns out!

I just washed it out! I can already tell right off the bat it's way less pigmented than Pravana Violet, but also much more moisturizing!

Bat
October 12th, 2020, 04:41 PM
Sorry I wish I had so I can tell you but I've not tried manic panic In black

Bat thank you so much for this thread! I went back to black on Saturday. The semi permanent dyes are my favorite and I've used them since 2006! They really help me not to chop and my fine hair appreciates them.

I used a plug in heating cap on Saturday and it is a must have for these dyes.

Hooray, I'm so happy for this thread!
Yaaay I'm glad you like! I'm growing out my dye but plan to keep my side shave crazy colors!

I just washed it out! I can already tell right off the bat it's way less pigmented than Pravana Violet, but also much more moisturizing!

Maybe use it with pravana so you get the moisturizing benefit

clandestine
October 12th, 2020, 05:21 PM

Be careful with manic panic raven it's a green based black so I usually add blue or purple with it so I don't get weird greeny tones.

I used something new called keracolor color + clenditioner in onyx. I mixed it with a little blue and purple to prevent green tones. I have a lot of different colors in my hair but it still turned out nice. The bottle comes with a pump top which is awesome but it was pricey. I would have gone with MP or Artic Fox had they had it in black.

SleepyTangles
October 13th, 2020, 02:16 AM
The results!
Actually it's not a very dark purple. And it's not very blue either on me. The softness and the hydration are amazing, so I think I'll use it gladly between Pravana Violet applications.
I'm just a bit underwelmed by the color. I expected much more fire power. If you notice, the top of my highlights are still lighter and pinker than the bottom.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42954&d=1602576560

Bat
October 13th, 2020, 05:49 AM
The results!
Actually it's not a very dark purple. And it's not very blue either on me. The softness and the hydration are amazing, so I think I'll use it gladly between Pravana Violet applications.
I'm just a bit underwelmed by the color. I expected much more fire power. If you notice, the top of my highlights are still lighter and pinker than the bottom.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=42954&d=1602576560

I personally think it looks even better :O I like that it is kind of like that two tone paint some fancy cars have the type where it looks like it changes colour depending on the way the light hits it

Example: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/754621585465540641/765541049233440828/Screenshot_2020-10-13-21-46-04-84.jpg

Amenahh
October 13th, 2020, 06:36 AM
Be careful with manic panic raven it's a green based black so I usually add blue or purple with it so I don't get weird greeny tones.

I used something new called keracolor color + clenditioner in onyx. I mixed it with a little blue and purple to prevent green tones. I have a lot of different colors in my hair but it still turned out nice. The bottle comes with a pump top which is awesome but it was pricey. I would have gone with MP or Artic Fox had they had it in black.

Thanks a lot for the tip! I will definitely keep it in mind, I'll probably get a purple to mix a bit. :o

SleepyTangles
October 13th, 2020, 07:46 AM
I personally think it looks even better :O I like that it is kind of like that two tone paint some fancy cars have the type where it looks like it changes colour depending on the way the light hits it

Example: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/754621585465540641/765541049233440828/Screenshot_2020-10-13-21-46-04-84.jpg

Ahahah, thank you for the cheer up! ;)
That car is stunning, maybe I should go for the Joker aesthetic!
Actually my hair is pinker where the most recent bleached bits are, while the ends had a year or so to soak up the Violet, but Nightshade didn't seem to cover them so well... I'll give myself time to evaluate

Bat
October 13th, 2020, 07:53 AM
Ahahah, thank you for the cheer up! ;)
That car is stunning, maybe I should go for the Joker aesthetic!
Actually my hair is pinker where the most recent bleached bits are, while the ends had a year or so to soak up the Violet, but Nightshade didn't seem to cover them so well... I'll give myself time to evaluate

Of course! Maybe this dye just needs to be applied twice to build up the Color

Amenahh
October 13th, 2020, 09:55 AM
SleepyTangles, the colour looks stunning!

Aerya
October 13th, 2020, 12:33 PM
Not quite as exciting as you guys' colors, but I just got a color mask/conditioner to make my hair a deeper and more cold brown. Since my little impulsive mishap with dye a while back the dye has faded to a warmer brown than I would like (which makes my actually quite neutral roots look straight up grey in comparison) I wanted to do something about it, but I don't want to add any more developer to my hair and I wanted it darker as well... So here I am! Not sure if it counts as a dye, but I know it's fairly pigmented. I'm excited!!! When I first came here I was dead set on just leaving my hair alone and sort of viewed the faded color as some sort of punishment for being impulsive, but now that my hair has grown long enough to feel pretty length-wise, I want to like the color too.

Bat
October 13th, 2020, 05:12 PM
Not quite as exciting as you guys' colors, but I just got a color mask/conditioner to make my hair a deeper and more cold brown. Since my little impulsive mishap with dye a while back the dye has faded to a warmer brown than I would like (which makes my actually quite neutral roots look straight up grey in comparison) I wanted to do something about it, but I don't want to add any more developer to my hair and I wanted it darker as well... So here I am! Not sure if it counts as a dye, but I know it's fairly pigmented. I'm excited!!! When I first came here I was dead set on just leaving my hair alone and sort of viewed the faded color as some sort of punishment for being impulsive, but now that my hair has grown long enough to feel pretty length-wise, I want to like the color too.

if it changes the color of your hair and isn't permanent then this is the place!

Jo Ann
October 13th, 2020, 10:44 PM
The results!

I LOVE the color gradient! It makes it look more "natural," if you know what I mean :cheese: Maybe the better word would be "dimensional," but I love the effect!

Bacs
October 13th, 2020, 11:55 PM
I think Overtone use puts me here.

I use the most saturated blue and purple together for an indigo tone to my mostly brown hair. I have some leftover lighter hair from previous bleaching plus an increasing number of silvers but I do like how the indigo looks on all of my hair. Plus the conditioning effect it has had on my hair has been amazing. My hair gets CO treatment except right before a major Overtone treatment, when I shampoo it to strip my hair back down before sitting with the deep treatment on my head for as many hours as I can stand (basically once I get tired of dealing with it). Usually with a cheap shower cap containing everything because my hair is otherwise to my high hip and I need it out of the way so I can deal with other things going on. My husband already isn’t a fan of the random blue spots that end up all over the shower when I’m washing it out.

I don’t often use the “daily” conditioner but I stick with just blue when I do to keep from having even more bottles of the stuff around the house.

Bat
October 14th, 2020, 06:44 AM
Because I am weak willed I bought some Luna Tides in Eclipse Black for most of my hair and Atomic Terquiose for my side shave. I still want to see my natural hair at some stage but using deposits helped me get to 3+ months with no bleach while still feeding my addiction to dye it so I think for my sanity I have to do it this way
(I won't use it right away my hair was dyed with a permanent 8 days ago)

Simpscone
October 14th, 2020, 07:32 AM
My Directions Alpine Green arrived today :inlove: next time I dye I'll be mixing it with the Turquoise just to get that perfect aqua seafoam-y blue :inlove:

Bat
October 14th, 2020, 07:40 AM
I hope it turns out how you expect! I'm surprised I'm not sick on the terquiose I have in. Usually I am by now hopefully I keep it until the end of the year

SleepyTangles
October 28th, 2020, 05:42 AM
I should stop. I really should, but... It's too much fun :wail:!
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43122&d=1603884538

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43124&d=1603885089

Pravana Violet on left, Purple Raven on your right.

Bat
October 28th, 2020, 05:47 AM
Bleaching and coloring hair sure is a slippery slope! My side shave is starting to get to place where I might have to touch up the roots with more Bleach, but I think I'll wait til mid to late November before I do

And pravana looks the better Color raven I feel is too blue

SleepyTangles
October 28th, 2020, 07:16 AM
Bleaching and coloring hair sure is a slippery slope! My side shave is starting to get to place where I might have to touch up the roots with more Bleach, but I think I'll wait til mid to late November before I do

And pravana looks the better Color raven I feel is too blue

It is, but I´m starting to gravitate towards cooler purples (if not for frustration: the top of my head got quite a bit of sun discoloration this summer, so now when it washes out it fades to an ugly brassy pink).
I was envisioning a brighter violet, tough. This is a more "subtle" purple, if you get what I mean: the kind that gives a raven-black effect on dark virgin hair.
But I really love Guy Tang and I´m happy to have one of his products! I can´t wait to try it out and see how it fades and behaves...

Bat
October 28th, 2020, 07:22 AM
It is, but I´m starting to gravitate towards cooler purples (if not for frustration: the top of my head got quite a bit of sun discoloration this summer, so now when it washes out it fades to an ugly brassy pink).
I was envisioning a brighter violet, tough. This is a more "subtle" purple, if you get what I mean: the kind that gives a raven-black effect on dark virgin hair.
But I really love Guy Tang and I´m happy to have one of his products! I can´t wait to try it out and see how it fades and behaves...

Hopefully it turns out ok how you want it to

I miss having my split dye hair but I'm giving it a go to grow some of my natural hair first and using my side shave as a guinea pig too see if I can grow it as well as bleach without too much snapping

Bri-Chan
October 30th, 2020, 08:22 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43122&d=1603884538

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43124&d=1603885089

It's beautiful! Ahah can't wait to see it in action!

Bat
October 30th, 2020, 06:07 PM
I got some pravana neons, blue, green and yellow, not sure when I'll try the green and yellow though, I mainly wanted the blue to test, see if I like it better than manic panic's atomic turquoise

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 31st, 2020, 01:40 AM

I've used a pink/purple in the past directly on my hair colour (medium/dark brown) and got a nice dark purple. They're fun.

I know this is an older comment but DO NOT use the AF Transylvania - Black. I used that color when I was transitioning from henna-indigo and it bleeds on EVERYTHING. I couldnt sweat without it staining my forehead and it would bleed all the time in the shower even when I used color safe sulphate free shampoos or co washed etc.
It was BAD. I had to get black pillow cases because it was staining the sheets while I slept. Like I drooled once and my spit got on my hair and stained my pillow.. YIKES. Lol. It also gives the hair a lovely hue of green as it fades so youll turn a murky color within about 2 weeks. Its terrible!

SleepyTangles
October 31st, 2020, 03:20 AM
I got some pravana neons, blue, green and yellow, not sure when I'll try the green and yellow though, I mainly wanted the blue to test, see if I like it better than manic panic's atomic turquoise

The only Pravana Neon that I've ever had it's Neon Pink... which was kind of a fail, because it's a PASTEL glowy pink, while I was picturing an hot pink.
Maybe it was my fault, but I never realized that in all the swatches I've seen online it was mixed with something else and never alone :hmm:

But I've heard outstanding things about Neon Yellow!

SleepyTangles
October 31st, 2020, 03:41 AM

I have to say I really like Purple Raven, expecially layered over Violet! The first wash went perfectly, no sudden fading or anything :D

I've also noticed that the color in the swatch sheet has actually changed! Purple Raven is actually brighter when dry.
ETA: finally managed to take a picture in decent light.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43174&d=1604143709

Bri-Chan
October 31st, 2020, 07:01 AM
Ok I'm officially searching for a light pink for my ends 👀. I'm interested with Crazy Color because it's sold in a shop near to me, but I don't know if Crazy Colors makes the shade I'm looking for.

SleepyTangles
October 31st, 2020, 08:02 AM
Ok I'm officially searching for a light pink for my ends ��. I'm interested with Crazy Color because it's sold in a shop near to me, but I don't know if Crazy Colors makes the shade I'm looking for.

Bri, what kind of pink are you looking for? BTW, I´d be glad to send your way my Pravana Magenta and Pravana Neon Pink: I won´t be going off purple anytime soon and they are just here in my drawer, all alone, growing old and bored.

Bat
November 4th, 2020, 04:34 AM
The only Pravana Neon that I've ever had it's Neon Pink... which was kind of a fail, because it's a PASTEL glowy pink, while I was picturing an hot pink.
Maybe it was my fault, but I never realized that in all the swatches I've seen online it was mixed with something else and never alone :hmm:

But I've heard outstanding things about Neon Yellow!

I hope the blue works! Oh well it's trial an error I'll test it sometime, I also got some aqua and some green semis from Joico coming, just to see which terquiose lasts longer and is the prettiest, not sure when I'll use the green yellow ones

Bri-Chan
November 4th, 2020, 09:04 AM
Bri, what kind of pink are you looking for? BTW, I´d be glad to send your way my Pravana Magenta and Pravana Neon Pink: I won´t be going off purple anytime soon and they are just here in my drawer, all alone, growing old and bored.

Oh, you are so kind, but I don't know if it's useful for what I want.

I was thinking something like this
https://content2.latest-hairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/light-bubble-gum-500x625.jpg

or similar. A light pink, the lighter possible with my ends (about a 9) and not hard to wash away.

SleepyTangles
November 4th, 2020, 12:59 PM
That's such a cool shade of petal pink, not quite rose gold but not very far! It's a good shade because you won't need very white hair with It.

Magenta is definitively not what you need. Neon Pink Is super pastel, not sure if it'll even show on a level 9...
I've recently seen this video and it shows so many shades of pink, it may be useful: https://youtu.be/OlwIp3Feyjw

Bri-Chan
November 4th, 2020, 04:22 PM
That's such a cool shade of petal pink, not quite rose gold but not very far! It's a good shade because you won't need very white hair with It.

Magenta is definitively not what you need. Neon Pink Is super pastel, not sure if it'll even show on a level 9...
I've recently seen this video and it shows so many shades of pink, it may be useful: https://youtu.be/OlwIp3Feyjw

Thank you, I'll watch it right now. I often see something similar recreated with diluited bright pink.
Yes, it's something between a rose gold and a pink, because all my hair has a golden tone, so it will look more "natural".

SleepyTangles
November 17th, 2020, 06:50 AM
I re-did my highlights in preparation for the Rehab or Dye 2021 challenge.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43408&d=1605474908
It was good but I felt that my face could do better with a little moneypiece to frame It. So today I went back close to the hairline and here, accidental rainbow situation.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43420&d=1605619463
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43421&d=1605619508

I think it's cute, I may leave it as it is for few days. What do you think? Does it looks silly IYHO?

Bri-Chan
November 17th, 2020, 09:42 AM
* go away, forum bug :magic: *

SleepyTangles I'd add some pink there, it will create a nice shades when it fades on that colors.

SleepyTangles
November 17th, 2020, 10:24 AM
* go away, forum bug :magic: *

SleepyTangles I'd add some pink there, it will create a nice shades when it fades on that colors.

Bad bug! It got me thinking my cellphone had a problem ;)
Pink is a nice suggestion actually :blossom:

Ylva
November 17th, 2020, 10:48 AM
I actually really like the rainbow effect! Kind of like gasoline in water.

Bat
November 18th, 2020, 01:18 AM
I like it!

Bat
November 20th, 2020, 06:33 AM
I put Pravana neon blue chromasilk in my hair, either I didn't have it in long enough or my hair didn't like it. It didn't stick to greys and parts of my bleached sections look like it didn't take, plus side is that it was nice to apply

SleepyTangles
November 20th, 2020, 12:17 PM
I put Pravana neon blue chromasilk in my hair, either I didn't have it in long enough or my hair didn't like it. It didn't stick to greys and parts of my bleached sections look like it didn't take, plus side is that it was nice to apply

Darn, have you tried swatching it on paper to see how light is the color?

Bat
November 20th, 2020, 02:28 PM
Darn, have you tried swatching it on paper to see how light is the color?

nope but it was pretty similar to the color I had already, I'll re apply after work and leave it longer, just in case

Bat
November 20th, 2020, 11:14 PM
I decided to do a swatch test like you suggested and it's no wonder it didn't work, it was the lightest and more Watery than the others, atomic terquiose I'd the thickest mixing both looks ok too
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/764832695171547146/779589906288738314/IMG20201121160359.jpg

SleepyTangles
November 21st, 2020, 01:06 AM
I decided to do a swatch test like you suggested and it's no wonder it didn't work, it was the lightest and more Watery than the others, atomic terquiose I'd the thickest mixing both looks ok too
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/764832695171547146/779589906288738314/IMG20201121160359.jpg

Woa, Atomic Turquoise is gorgeous! :inlove:
My Neon Pink is the same in term of pigment density. Really too light.
I really think Pravana should rename this line: "Neon" is a bit misleading, they should have called them "UV Pastels".

I've seen videos with the Neon Green and Yellow that were very promising tough!

Jo Ann
November 21st, 2020, 01:48 AM
I'm looking for seasonal colors for December - February. I'm thinking an ice blue would be nice. Done teal, couldn't wait for it to fade :( Red seems nice, but too bright for winter (other than Christmas, that is). Pink sounds possible, but I don't know.

I'm confused--warm color or cool color? Decisions, decisions...

SleepyTangles
November 21st, 2020, 07:14 AM
I'm looking for seasonal colors for December - February. I'm thinking an ice blue would be nice. Done teal, couldn't wait for it to fade :( Red seems nice, but too bright for winter (other than Christmas, that is). Pink sounds possible, but I don't know.

I'm confused--warm color or cool color? Decisions, decisions...

What about a berry red? Like Lunar Tides Cranbaby, Directions Tulip, etc. They look sultry rather than festive/bright and fade into pinks...
Would a deep forest green be too similar too teal?
Winter for me evokes frost white, stark greys, deep greens and berry reds.

Jo Ann
November 21st, 2020, 11:01 AM
Nice suggestions, Bat. I didn't think of a cranberry color--that would be very festive!

I did my hair as a Christmas tree two years ago--the regional marketing manager LOVED it :face:

I don't know if I'm working this year for Christmas Eve or not yet. I'm putting this on a back burner for now--decide later if I'm going to do it or not.

Right now, my hair is almost white (no color in it yet, which is quite the change for me), so I've got some time to decide which way to go for December.

Bat
November 21st, 2020, 03:46 PM
Woa, Atomic Turquoise is gorgeous! :inlove:
My Neon Pink is the same in term of pigment density. Really too light.
I really think Pravana should rename this line: "Neon" is a bit misleading, they should have called them "UV Pastels".

I've seen videos with the Neon Green and Yellow that were very promising tough!

I have the green and yellow neons I think but I don't think i'll be using them, but i'll keep them for when I get tired of the Turquoise

Shorty89
November 30th, 2020, 03:15 PM
My dye isn't nearly as bright as many of yours but here's some Purple Haze on my under layer. I'm quite enjoying the subtle contrast.

https://i.imgur.com/Rju49ty.jpg

SleepyTangles
December 1st, 2020, 12:38 AM
My dye isn't nearly as bright as many of yours but here's some Purple Haze on my under layer. I'm quite enjoying the subtle contrast.

https://i.imgur.com/Rju49ty.jpg

I love it! On my monitor is a pretty cranberry color :inlove:

Simpscone
December 14th, 2020, 05:02 AM
Finally got around to doing my roots in preparation for the festive season. I wanted to try out Directions Alpine Green over the Turquoise because I love the look of green/blue hair that is a proper mix of both.

Before:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43716&d=1607947006

After:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43717&d=1607947015

Super happy with it and loving the colour, it seems like such an interesting shade :inlove:
Took quite a few hours to do, then I finger twirled my hair and left it to air dry.

I'm curious about if others would call it blue or green? I know the shade is technically Alpine Green, but I've still just been considering it a super greeny-blue shade!

lapushka
December 14th, 2020, 05:16 AM
It looks great! :D

SleepyTangles
December 14th, 2020, 12:04 PM
Finally got around to doing my roots in preparation for the festive season. I wanted to try out Directions Alpine Green over the Turquoise because I love the look of green/blue hair that is a proper mix of both.

Before:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43716&d=1607947006

After:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=43717&d=1607947015

Super happy with it and loving the colour, it seems like such an interesting shade :inlove:
Took quite a few hours to do, then I finger twirled my hair and left it to air dry.

I'm curious about if others would call it blue or green? I know the shade is technically Alpine Green, but I've still just been considering it a super greeny-blue shade!

Lovely! You rock this shade of teal, you look like a mermaid :crush:

KokoroDragon
December 14th, 2020, 06:37 PM
I bought some Overtone ginger for my partner for Christmas, and if there's any left I'm thinking of trying it for myself. We both secretly want to be redheads, and want each other to be redheads, so it might just be perfect. My hair already has lots of red undertones, so I don't think it will take much for me. But I also just started NW/SO and I'm worried how that will work if I dye my hair. I still have a couple weeks to decide though.

Ylva
December 14th, 2020, 06:59 PM
Looking awesome, everyone!

I'm popping in because I can't get rid of the thought of trying some semi dyes, mostly to dye close to my natural colour just for fun. I think it could be fun to do that after my coming trim, and start the new year with a temporary hair change.

SleepyTangles
December 15th, 2020, 03:11 AM
I bought some Overtone ginger for my partner for Christmas, and if there's any left I'm thinking of trying it for myself. We both secretly want to be redheads, and want each other to be redheads, so it might just be perfect. My hair already has lots of red undertones, so I don't think it will take much for me. But I also just started NW/SO and I'm worried how that will work if I dye my hair. I still have a couple weeks to decide though.

I would say that water only will probably help the color stay on longer... Maybe I would shampoo just once, the next wash from the application, just to remove any silicones or excess pigment from the hair shaft (if you are worried about it, or about staining).

Looking awesome, everyone!

I'm popping in because I can't get rid of the thought of trying some semi dyes, mostly to dye close to my natural colour just for fun. I think it could be fun to do that after my coming trim, and start the new year with a temporary hair change.

I'd say, go for it: life is short, and after all the risks with deposit dyes are really minimal. Maybe if you are not sure about staining you could try with the underlayer, which is always a bit hidden, before committing the whole head :cheer:

Ylva
December 15th, 2020, 08:20 AM
I'd say, go for it: life is short, and after all the risks with deposit dyes are really minimal. Maybe if you are not sure about staining you could try with the underlayer, which is always a bit hidden, before committing the whole head :cheer:

In an attempt to be smart, I think I will get a red-toned mask in addition to the ones imitating my natural colour. I can then use the red to mitigate any green hues.

KokoroDragon
December 15th, 2020, 09:35 AM
I would say that water only will probably help the color stay on longer... Maybe I would shampoo just once, the next wash from the application, just to remove any silicones or excess pigment from the hair shaft (if you are worried about it, or about staining).

I suppose I could do a water wash. My scalp is finally starting to adjust to no water/sebum only though, so I'm worried I'll have to start over if I do that. Will it be better to clean my lengths before applying the dye, or will it work over a light coating of sebum?

SleepyTangles
December 15th, 2020, 12:48 PM
I suppose I could do a water wash. My scalp is finally starting to adjust to no water/sebum only though, so I'm worried I'll have to start over if I do that. Will it be better to clean my lengths before applying the dye, or will it work over a light coating of sebum?

Most likely it will stick less... expecially if your hair is virgin or very healthy. I do my deposit dye on clarifyied hair.

poli
December 16th, 2020, 01:17 AM
I used deposit dye in copper on my growing out roots about a month ago. Since then I used "color conditioner" twice (orange pigments mixed with regular conditioner) to keep it ginger. So far it didn't wash out much. I got dark reddish blond/gingery and then the henna starts, so the transition is there but not very visible. Planing to keep it red for a while and if it doesn't wash out on it's own in few months, start working on washing it out with harsher shampoos etc.

ioanaxena
December 16th, 2020, 03:01 AM
I've been lurking on this thread for quite some time and finally gave in and ordered a colour depositing hair mask. I've used one before from Maria Nila (lavender on my dark-orangey blonde ends) but it didn't do much colour-wise (I wasn't surprised since it is such a light pastel colour) but it made my hair so smooth and hydrated! Now I've ordered the Maria Nila Colour Refresh in 9.34 Peach and that is also a very light colour - I don't think it will make my hair look any different, but I'll take some pictures, just in case it shows :).

Jo Ann
December 17th, 2020, 01:49 AM
When you're trying to get rid of/fade hair dye, do you try to go back to blonde, just fade it enough to where it's just noticeable or does it depend on what color you're going to use next? Enquiring minds want to know (and save some hair in the process :p )...

SleepyTangles
December 17th, 2020, 02:01 AM
When you're trying to get rid of/fade hair dye, do you try to go back to blonde, just fade it enough to where it's just noticeable or does it depend on what color you're going to use next? Enquiring minds want to know (and save some hair in the process :p )...

It depends on the color I do next. Since I mostly do variations of purple or blue I don't really need to get back to blonde. But pastel colors, expecially if opposite on the color wheel, will probably require a cleaner base.

For example, going from deep green to pastel pink (or from bright orange to periwinkle) will require an almost complete reset.

ioanaxena
January 9th, 2021, 03:30 AM
I was gifted another deposit dye hair mask (this time in 'cacao intense' colour) and I left it on my hair for 30 minutes instead of the recommended time (3-10 minutes) for a deeper colour- but it gave just a tiny bit of tint, nothing dramatic. I think my hair is not that damaged anymore since it didn't take in the colour (it is mentioned on the bottle that it will only stain previously damaged hair)... I maintained my hair at shoulder length for a few months and trimmed frequently, plus I double condition every time I wash my hair so maybe that's the explanation :confused:.

Anyway, here is a picture of the result:

https://i.imgur.com/zufaied.jpg

Bat
January 9th, 2021, 04:09 AM
I was gifted another deposit dye hair mask (this time in 'cacao intense' colour) and I left it on my hair for 30 minutes instead of the recommended time (3-10 minutes) for a deeper colour- but it gave just a tiny bit of tint, nothing dramatic. I think my hair is not that damaged anymore since it didn't take in the colour (it is mentioned on the bottle that it will only stain previously damaged hair)... I maintained my hair at shoulder length for a few months and trimmed frequently, plus I double condition every time I wash my hair so maybe that's the explanation :confused:.

Anyway, here is a picture of the result:

https://i.imgur.com/zufaied.jpg

Your hair looks great!, I got split dye done and it's a similar Color not as nice though

Bat
January 9th, 2021, 04:13 AM
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/754621585465540641/797422159936094248/IMG_09012021_211037_500_x_500_pixel.jpg

my hair currently, I'm still surprised the brown has any shine considering how damaged it is

ioanaxena
January 9th, 2021, 04:15 AM
Your hair looks great!, I got split dye done and it's a similar Color not as nice though

Thank you, Bat! But I like your hair too, don't be hard on yourself. I like the split dye trend, but I'm very conservative when it comes to my hair :laugh:. I think it suits you best, since you always want something new.

Bat
January 9th, 2021, 04:18 AM
Thank you, Bat! But I like your hair too, don't be hard on yourself. I like the split dye trend, but I'm very conservative when it comes to my hair :laugh:. I think it suits you best, since you always want something new.

Yep I'm thinking so too, the black will stay as it is, the Browns eventually going to be silver grey but that won't be for a long time, I want to do it right this time, I'm even going to keep my side shave colourful so it sort of covers all my usual ideas lol

SleepyTangles
February 3rd, 2021, 06:01 AM
They're here :eyebrows:
Can't wait to swatch and compare!
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44372&d=1612353988

Bat
February 4th, 2021, 04:32 AM
They're here :eyebrows:
Can't wait to swatch and compare!
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44372&d=1612353988
That photo makes it look so dark! It really is the best Terquiose I've come across so far

Obsidian
February 12th, 2021, 05:19 AM
Has anyone used pravana chromasilk vivids pink? I accidentally ordered it instead of magenta and I'm hoping its vivid enough since my hair isn't bleached white.

SleepyTangles
March 20th, 2021, 05:14 AM
Aaaaand... the ultra-pigmented formula is gone! WHY??! :justy:
Why changing something that was virtually perfect? The old Pravana Violet could eat for breakfast 90% of other brands violets and purples... Why sheering it out so much? :wail:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44822&d=1616238243
So now I need to save the last tube of the old Pravana Violet formula for September, when I'll bleach my roots... :doh:

Has anyone used pravana chromasilk vivids pink? I accidentally ordered it instead of magenta and I'm hoping its vivid enough since my hair isn't bleached white.

Sorry, no experience with Pravana Pink! Seems pretty light to me, judging by internet swatches?
Your avatar pic is gorgeous! I do hope everything went fine with Pink!

Bat
March 20th, 2021, 05:52 AM
Yikes! That is a shame. Tbh I wasn't that impressed with Pravana seemed pretty watery
Also how often do you bleach your hair? I've been thinking of bleaching hair as it grows so I can alternate with colors more even use black deposit dye I want to stay away from box dyes

SleepyTangles
March 20th, 2021, 07:20 AM
Yikes! That is a shame. Tbh I wasn't that impressed with Pravana seemed pretty watery
Also how often do you bleach your hair? I've been thinking of bleaching hair as it grows so I can alternate with colors more even use black deposit dye I want to stay away from box dyes

Ideally once a year! I may split the application into different days, but each section goes under the bleach only once.
Unless I eff it up and need to come back for corrections, of course ;)

Yeah, some colors were very light already, but Violet (and the saturated colors, like Wild Orchid, Blue, Blue Topaz, etc...) were packed with pigment.

Obsidian
March 20th, 2021, 08:11 AM
The pink didn't turn out so well. It was too violet based and went lilac on me. It was a nice color but it didn't look good on me.
I ended up doing a bleach cap to remove it, luckily it came out easy.

I'm currently a pinkish rose gold all over. Think I'll stick to using magenta for a peek a boo

SleepyTangles
March 20th, 2021, 04:41 PM
The pink didn't turn out so well. It was too violet based and went lilac on me. It was a nice color but it didn't look good on me.
I ended up doing a bleach cap to remove it, luckily it came out easy.

I'm currently a pinkish rose gold all over. Think I'll stick to using magenta for a peek a boo

Rose gold sounds lovely :D! Glad Pravana Pink came out easily, usually lighter colors are easy to switch.

Bat
March 20th, 2021, 05:12 PM
Ideally once a year! I may split the application into different days, but each section goes under the bleach only once.
Unless I eff it up and need to come back for corrections, of course ;)

Yeah, some colors were very light already, but Violet (and the saturated colors, like Wild Orchid, Blue, Blue Topaz, etc...) were packed with pigment.

Wish I could last a year xD but shouldn't be too hard if it's ombre hair

SleepyTangles
July 7th, 2021, 06:04 AM
I´ve just bought two packs of IroIro Purple on Amazon!
I was trying to decide if I wanted to order another batch of Pravana Violet, because: a) actually, the reformulated Pravana Violet, despite not being as pigmented as the old one, is fairly better than anything else in my stash apart from Purple Raven; and b) the italian distributor of Guy Tang´s #Mydentity has Purple Raven out of stock since FOREVER. Every time that I ask when it comes back in stock they tell me "very soon" but now it´s been few months and I´m getting hoarder anxiety.

But then I stumbled into IroIro Purple, and saw some very promising photos! I got curious and I ordered it instead. It should be there next week!
Fingers crossed, I hope to like it a lot.

Bat
July 7th, 2021, 10:09 PM
I hear iro iro is really good brand. Good luck!

SleepyTangles
July 9th, 2021, 07:06 AM
It came in today! Never seen such fast shipping from Amazon.com :agape:
Usually it takes one or two weeks to cross the Atlantic...
The color looks so lovely and promising! :inlove:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45544&d=1625827002
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45548&d=1625835513

Bat
July 9th, 2021, 07:25 AM
I really like that, it's a good blue based purple

Robot Ninja
July 9th, 2021, 12:14 PM
I'd suspected Pravana had changed their formula; my blue is fading faster and I'm getting a bit of rub-off, which is no bueno. I thought it might just be me, since I've stopped using bleach and have started using gel, but I guess it's them. Which, why? Looks like it's time to start looking for a new brand.

SleepyTangles
July 9th, 2021, 01:59 PM
I'd suspected Pravana had changed their formula; my blue is fading faster and I'm getting a bit of rub-off, which is no bueno. I thought it might just be me, since I've stopped using bleach and have started using gel, but I guess it's them. Which, why? Looks like it's time to start looking for a new brand.

To be fair, the new formula Violet on the hair is nowhere as bad as the swatch! It's actually a pretty shade. But... Nowhere as beautiful and uniquely pigmented as it used to be :shrug:.

I really don't understand the marketing choice behind the reformulation. Sure, the old formula one tube could last forever, so I guess people will repurchase more often now.

But in the meantime, the deposit dye market had a real boom in these past years. The competition is very hard and Pravana should have sticked to the pigment-packed old formula IMHO.

Blues are not my speciality, but I've seen so many lovely options around!

Robot Ninja
July 9th, 2021, 03:48 PM
I dunno, maybe all the people dyeing their hair fun colors in lockdown complained that the old formula wouldn't wash out? I can see how a less pigmented formula would be more appealing to people who like to change up their color. But you'd think a less pigmented formula would have less transfer, not more. So I am going to have to assume the conversation went something like this:

Corporate dude 1: Our dye is really popular and is considered the gold standard of semi-permanents. We're rich!
Corporate dude 2: Ah yes, but we could be richer! Let's figure out how to make our dye cheaper and also make it fade faster so people will have to buy more.
Corporate dude 1: And because it's so popular people will keep buying it even though it sucks now! You're a genius!

A year later:
Corporate dude 1: Why isn't anyone buying our dye anymore now that it sucks?
Corporate dude 2: I bet it's the millennials' fault again. Let's get somebody to write an article about how they have no brand loyalty and it's killing our business model.

Bat
July 9th, 2021, 05:42 PM
Or corporate lady!

SleepyTangles
July 14th, 2021, 03:20 AM
I've tried the Iroiro Purple, and I'm really impressed!
I didn't use a ton of product because my base was only halfway into fading... But it really boosted up the color!
I'm one wash in and my virgin hair is still very much tinted, with my silvers a nice electric violet.

The shade is lovely. It's very cool in artificial light (almost Blue) and more neutral-to-cool in natural daylight.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45581&d=1626253351
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45580&d=1626253329

Bonus picture of all my purples!
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45579&d=1626253304

Bat
July 14th, 2021, 06:16 AM
that color looks amazing, I might have to try iro iro when I get split dye back (this won't be for a long time I have too much black dye in my hair strip it back)

0xalis
July 16th, 2021, 02:13 PM
I've been considering doing some Arctic Fox dye again, probably a warm color like orange or red, something along those lines that probably won't look too stupid over brown if it stains permanently.
I normally would do something in the realm of blue or turquoise over my natural brown but I'm afraid if it stained it'd look really bad and there'd be a horrible weird demarcation line.

Has anyone here experienced permanent staining after deposit only dyeing?

These are the colors I'm considering: Sunset Orange (https://arcticfoxhaircolor.com/collections/best-colors-for-unbleached-hair/products/sunset-orange), Wrath (https://arcticfoxhaircolor.com/collections/best-colors-for-unbleached-hair/products/wrath), or Poison (https://arcticfoxhaircolor.com/collections/best-colors-for-unbleached-hair/products/poison). The "Light Brown" swatch is pretty accurate to my hair from my experience with their Aquamarine (https://arcticfoxhaircolor.com/collections/best-colors-for-unbleached-hair/products/aquamarine).

SleepyTangles
July 17th, 2021, 02:01 AM
I've been considering doing some Arctic Fox dye again, probably a warm color like orange or red, something along those lines that probably won't look too stupid over brown if it stains permanently.
I normally would do something in the realm of blue or turquoise over my natural brown but I'm afraid if it stained it'd look really bad and there'd be a horrible weird demarcation line.

Has anyone here experienced permanent staining after deposit only dyeing?

These are the colors I'm considering: Sunset Orange (https://arcticfoxhaircolor.com/collections/best-colors-for-unbleached-hair/products/sunset-orange), Wrath (https://arcticfoxhaircolor.com/collections/best-colors-for-unbleached-hair/products/wrath), or Poison (https://arcticfoxhaircolor.com/collections/best-colors-for-unbleached-hair/products/poison). The "Light Brown" swatch is pretty accurate to my hair from my experience with their Aquamarine (https://arcticfoxhaircolor.com/collections/best-colors-for-unbleached-hair/products/aquamarine).

In my humble experience, Elumen is the only dye that stains permanently virgin, non-porous hair.
With regular deposit dyes only very porous hair or sun-lightened tips get permanently stained.

However, everyone is a little different and I would either recommend a strand test or a color that would armonize nicely on your haircolor (just like you were planning to do :) )

Età: I already voted for Sunset Orange, looks very beautiful!

Bat
July 17th, 2021, 02:38 AM
I personally like a pink red so I vote for Wrathso really it depends if you want a orange or a pinky red

I also liked aqua on you too

I won't get articfox the owner got in trouble recently for being homophobic but if you don't care about drama behind colour brands it's good stuff apparently

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insider.com/arctic-fox-kristen-leanne-allegations-toxic-workplace-layoffs-hair-dye-2020-12%3famp

ZoeZ
July 17th, 2021, 07:26 AM
I personally like a pink red so I vote for Wrathso really it depends if you want a orange or a pinky red

I also liked aqua on you too

I won't get articfox the owner got in trouble recently for being homophobic but if you don't care about drama behind colour brands it's good stuff apparently

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.insider.com/arctic-fox-kristen-leanne-allegations-toxic-workplace-layoffs-hair-dye-2020-12%3famp

Sad and ugly when people think they can say anything they want anywhere, no matter how much it hurts other people. I also base my buying on corporate ethics.

Bat
July 17th, 2021, 07:35 AM
Sad and ugly when people think they can say anything they want anywhere, no matter how much it hurts other people. I also base my buying on corporate ethics.

Yep sure is you have to be so careful especially if you own a professional company

0xalis
July 19th, 2021, 09:29 AM
I completely changed my mind about dying my hair- not going to happen. I forgot something EXTREMELY important: the **** gets everywhere!!
I used to not give half a crap about my clothes or bedding but that's not the case anymore. Completely and permanently off the table :(

SleepyTangles
July 19th, 2021, 09:39 AM
I completely changed my mind about dying my hair- not going to happen. I forgot something EXTREMELY important: the **** gets everywhere!!
I used to not give half a crap about my clothes or bedding but that's not the case anymore. Completely and permanently off the table :(

Ahahah, seems very wise ;)
We just remade our bathroom and my mom threatened to behead me if she finds a single purple stain on the new tiles/furniture/sink :rolling:

Luckily we kept the old sink in the laundry room and now that's my dyeing spot 8)

0xalis
July 19th, 2021, 09:45 AM
Ahahah, seems very wise ;)
We just remade our bathroom and my mom threatened to behead me if she finds a single purple stain on the new tiles/furniture/sink :rolling:

Luckily we kept the old sink in the laundry room and now that's my dyeing spot 8)

OMG! :rollin: Thank goodness for that laundry room sink! ;)

Bat
July 20th, 2021, 03:47 AM
The laundry sink is a fricking holy grail item every hair dyer needs,

I got split dye I wanted blond but my hair has way too much build up so it's half black and teal instead guess if I want the blond I'll have to grow one side out first

SleepyTangles
July 20th, 2021, 09:28 AM
The laundry sink is a fricking holy grail item every hair dyer needs,

I got split dye I wanted blond but my hair has way too much build up so it's half black and teal instead guess if I want the blond I'll have to grow one side out first

Black+teal sounds amazing! I love deep color combinations.
Did they use bleach or only color remover, in order to lighten the teal side?

Bat
July 21st, 2021, 01:48 AM
Black+teal sounds amazing! I love deep color combinations.
Did they use bleach or only color remover, in order to lighten the teal side?

I used a remover first, then they bleached it but I had red under some of the black so they had to put a darker colour over it I had a blue but it went dark teal, my avatar is the current color.

I can't bleach that side anymore it will snap off and my scalp was burning , I'll have to do foils when new stuff grows out.