PDA

View Full Version : Hair clips

xxjlgxx
September 21st, 2020, 01:34 PM
Hi, please can anyone recommend hair clips that are kind to hair. I mostly wear my half half up - it’s very thick and curly. I have tired normal bobbles- invisibobbles and scrunchies and my hair always gets tangled in them ☹️

C_Bookworm
September 21st, 2020, 01:43 PM
The Conventional Products forum (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)is a good place to start. There’s something for everyone! The stickied threads have links to individual shops and individual threads about each shop.

I like half-ups myself, and some of my favorites are Ficcares, Flexis, and hair sticks.

jane_marie
September 21st, 2020, 01:53 PM
Hi! Slide barrettes might be a good option for you!

sipnsun
September 21st, 2020, 02:14 PM
Have you tried spin pins? They come in mini and long so they can hold a variety of styles plus I've never had any issues with them pulling or breaking my hair.

Lady Neeva
September 21st, 2020, 07:17 PM
I would recommend hair slides with sticks or beak clips

curly girl fla
September 21st, 2020, 07:39 PM
I always wear half-ups, but very basic, nothing fancy. I use round claw clips, pony-o, and other round 'pony puff' type clips for my 3a-ish (used to be but no longer thick) hair.

MusicalSpoons
September 22nd, 2020, 06:14 AM
Seconding barrettes, you'd want the actual French clips rather than the ones with a detachable bar that eats hair.
Also flexi-8s, claw clips if they don't have sharp seams (maybe, some people don't get on with the springs).
Slides, usually leather with a hair stick to go through the holes are a good suggestion too, very hair friendly.

Dark40
September 22nd, 2020, 07:32 AM
I love haif-ups too. I always wear the big jaw clips for my long thick hair. My hair never gets tangled.

ZoeZ
September 22nd, 2020, 09:33 AM
I use ordinary barrettes sometimes, but I remove the detachable bar so my hair doesn't get caught in them. hey are usually too tight anyway if left in.