PDA

View Full Version : Rehab or Dye 2021: 6 Months or 1 Year Challenge

Bat
September 21st, 2020, 12:49 AM
This is mainly for for me to attempt to stretch out how often I dye my hair since I'll be doing no trims Next year this is be a good little challenge to do with it but feel free to join me!

I know we have the growing out dye topic but this is for people who still want to dye it again in the future without having to feel they are failing the topic

I'd like to run these every year

Rules:

* Choose 6 months or 1 year as a time frame

* Deposit Dyes and Semis only on already dyed hair

* You cannot use Bleach,Permanent or Demi dyes during the 6 month or year

* Do not Dye regrowth after you start the challenge

* Year challenge starts Jan 5th 2021 ends Jan 1st 2022

* 6 Month challenge starts Jan 5th 2021- Ends July 1st 2021*** OR starts July 5th 2021 ends Jan 1st 2022***

*** You can't do 6 months then cover roots then do another 6 months you'd have to wait for the next year after that to join again

You have a 4 day window to dye how you want it before the challenges starts

Good Luck!

Bat
September 21st, 2020, 12:52 AM
I'll be trialing 6 months first this gonna be hard LOL

EDIT: I have since decided to keep bleaching and coloring my side shave that i'm growing out, so I can no longer take part, but I will still run this for everyone who wants to try it

sipnsun
September 21st, 2020, 01:20 AM
Great idea and good luck! I thought 6 months without bleach would be hard but honestly it hasn’t been bad, I just wasn’t prepared for all the gray hairs!

Bat
September 21st, 2020, 02:01 AM
Great idea and good luck! I thought 6 months without bleach would be hard but honestly it hasn’t been bad, I just wasn’t prepared for all the gray hairs!

It will be Hard for me I have trouble going 3 weeks without dying it lol

sipnsun
September 21st, 2020, 12:24 PM
It will be Hard for me I have trouble going 3 weeks without dying it lol

Yikes lol, this is definitely going to be hard then! Hopefully having the challenge will help to keep you motivated!

Bat
September 21st, 2020, 05:38 PM
Yikes lol, this is definitely going to be hard then! Hopefully having the challenge will help to keep you motivated!

time will tell I suppose, I can try at least!

Shorty89
September 21st, 2020, 07:08 PM
Best of luck with this challenge, Bat!

Bat
September 21st, 2020, 07:25 PM
Best of luck with this challenge, Bat!

Thank you!

jane_marie
September 23rd, 2020, 09:03 AM
Hi Bat! I would love to join you in this challenge. While I recently stated that I would probably keep doing semi dyes on my hair I've since reconsidered. It turns out, that without constant upkeep, my hair will on hold semi dye for 2 washes... or undertones stick around for months.

I'd like to join this challenge to save myself some money. The last semi application I did cost me way too much considering it only stuck around for 2 weeks. Plus, I think if I manage a full 6 months of not adding more dye all of what is there (semi wise) will wash away.

I'm with you! We've got this. :)

Bat
September 23rd, 2020, 07:09 PM
Hi Bat! I would love to join you in this challenge. While I recently stated that I would probably keep doing semi dyes on my hair I've since reconsidered. It turns out, that without constant upkeep, my hair will on hold semi dye for 2 washes... or undertones stick around for months.

I'd like to join this challenge to save myself some money. The last semi application I did cost me way too much considering it only stuck around for 2 weeks. Plus, I think if I manage a full 6 months of not adding more dye all of what is there (semi wise) will wash away.

I'm with you! We've got this. :)

Yaay thanks for joining! I still have 4 boxes of box dye z I'll have to give them away or hide them somehow I can't see them I'll be aiming for 6 months first myself which will be challenging

ambarcy
October 20th, 2020, 01:00 PM
I join the challenge.
I will do it for a year.

The last time I painted my hair was in September 2017 and so far it has been very difficult.

one more year would not be bad.

Bat
October 20th, 2020, 05:17 PM
I join the challenge.
I will do it for a year.

The last time I painted my hair was in September 2017 and so far it has been very difficult.

one more year would not be bad.

Glad to have you here, I almost forgot about this

sipnsun
October 20th, 2020, 06:02 PM
How are you doing with the challenge Bat? I think I'm going to join for the rest of this year and all of 2021. January will officially be a year since I've highlighted and I've decided against doing the henna gloss I was considering. Trying for another year of growing out naturally!

Bat
October 21st, 2020, 12:33 AM
How are you doing with the challenge Bat? I think I'm going to join for the rest of this year and all of 2021. January will officially be a year since I've highlighted and I've decided against doing the henna gloss I was considering. Trying for another year of growing out naturally!
It's been 5 days since I started :3

SleepyTangles
October 21st, 2020, 05:50 AM
Ooooh I'll watch closely and I unofficially will be doing this!

Bat
October 21st, 2020, 06:05 AM

Good luck!

sipnsun
October 21st, 2020, 06:11 AM
It's been 5 days since I started :3

It's an addiction so I understand! I can't count how many times I've tried and failed since joining here in 2007. The only reason I made it as long as I did this year is because the shops were closed and my standing appointment was cancelled. Every time I pull my hair back and it looks dark I want to have it done but then I remind myself how much thicker and healthier it is so I decide against it. Good luck to you, we need to keep this thread active for inspiration!

Bat
October 21st, 2020, 06:18 AM
It's an addiction so I understand! I can't count how many times I've tried and failed since joining here in 2007. The only reason I made it as long as I did this year is because the shops were closed and my standing appointment was cancelled. Every time I pull my hair back and it looks dark I want to have it done but then I remind myself how much thicker and healthier it is so I decide against it. Good luck to you, we need to keep this thread active for inspiration!

My last mistake certainly woke me up, so close I was to shaving bald I never want my hair to get into the kind of state that could only be saved by shaving it off, I don't think I'll ever stop dying it but if I can learn to go 6 months to a year in between and only doing one Color and just regrowth I'll be set, I still want to see my natural colour to atleast shoulder before I do that though

sipnsun
October 21st, 2020, 08:11 AM
My last mistake certainly woke me up, so close I was to shaving bald I never want my hair to get into the kind of state that could only be saved by shaving it off, I don't think I'll ever stop dying it but if I can learn to go 6 months to a year in between and only doing one Color and just regrowth I'll be set, I still want to see my natural colour to atleast shoulder before I do that though

I look forward to seeing your natural color, mine was a shock because there is so much gray!

Bat
October 22nd, 2020, 03:53 AM
I look forward to seeing your natural color, mine was a shock because there is so much gray!

I have a lot of Grey at my temples,. It this is why I want to try growing it out a bit one last time to see my natural colour before the hostile takeover

DropStitches
October 22nd, 2020, 05:40 AM
I have a lot of Grey at my temples,. It this is why I want to try growing it out a bit one last time to see my natural colour before the hostile takeover

Haha, I love 'hostile takeover'! Good luck, Bat - I know it's hard, but I believe you can do it! I haven't used any chemical dyes or bleach for a little over two years (I have used henna, though), and both my hair and my wallet are thankful for it!

Bat
October 23rd, 2020, 12:57 AM
Haha, I love 'hostile takeover'! Good luck, Bat - I know it's hard, but I believe you can do it! I haven't used any chemical dyes or bleach for a little over two years (I have used henna, though), and both my hair and my wallet are thankful for it!

Wow two years that's amazing, I'll be happy if I can go without dying for 6 months

SleepyTangles
November 6th, 2020, 09:12 AM

On a second thought, I think I´ll join for the year challenge.
I may break down and give up on September 2021, but I´m adamant not to touch bleach anywhere close to Summertime. My previous bleaching schedule was every six months, September and March, for this same reason.
I´m curious to see if I can go a whole year, and I think it would be easier with someone at my side!

Bat
November 7th, 2020, 07:08 AM
In still coloring my side shave so I won't be doing this like I thought, but I'm still going to try leave the rest of my hair from dyes Until the end of June

SleepyTangles
November 7th, 2020, 09:44 AM
In still coloring my side shave so I won't be doing this like I thought, but I'm still going to try leave the rest of my hair from dyes Until the end of June

I think we may add the bangs, side-shave, etc. clause, like in the No Trimming challenges.

During the challenge:
- You may maintain any colored bangs/undershave.
- You may NOT dye them in.

fiords
November 7th, 2020, 08:26 PM
Hi Bat! I will also join you on this!!
I haven't coloured my hair at all since 2015, and finally grew it all out. Of course, for me, that also comes with an urge to do something with it.
The sun has lightened it over time and the ends are much lighter then my natural colour, and have a reddish tone. I was thinking of bleaching and doing an ombre kind of effect to make it look better but don't want to do anything impulsively or without thinking about it for a good, long, hard while!!!! Since it would take so long to grow out if I don't end up liking it...
I'm in until Jan 2021!
Good luck and go us!! :blossom:

Bat
November 7th, 2020, 08:29 PM
I think we may add the bangs, side-shave, etc. clause, like in the No Trimming challenges.

During the challenge:
- You may maintain any colored bangs/undershave.
- You may NOT dye them in.

I can add that too the rules but I'll be bleaching my roots so I can't join it xD

fiords
November 7th, 2020, 08:37 PM
I can add that too the rules but I'll be bleaching my roots so I can't join it xD

What if you bleach your roots before Jan?

SleepyTangles
November 8th, 2020, 12:47 AM

By "dye them in" I mean "making something that didn't exists before the challenge", keeping up with the roots of a side shave (or, let's say, with the roots of an e-girl kind of bangs) would be fine ��

Bat
November 8th, 2020, 01:47 AM
By "dye them in" I mean "making something that didn't exists before the challenge", keeping up with the roots of a side shave (or, let's say, with the roots of an e-girl kind of bangs) would be fine ��

Oh! Yes that would work!

Dark40
November 8th, 2020, 03:51 PM
Hi Bat! I think I will join you for this challenge too! As to I will use permanent dye this month, and then stretch it out to 4 months, and only use semi permanent hair dyes.

Bat
December 27th, 2020, 12:50 AM
Touched up my roots didn't do the best job going to fix it up tomorrow intime for this challenge