PDA

View Full Version : What’s the best way to use Joico Kpak?

esmeralda80
September 12th, 2020, 04:08 PM
So I am new to this product and was wondering how my LHC friends use it - do you follow the directions and apply for 5 minutes with no heat or do you use heat ? Leave it in longer ? What works best?

thanks!

Reyn127
September 12th, 2020, 09:12 PM
I've used this stuff before and I love it! I usually just use it like a "regular" deep conditioner... leave it in for 3-5 minutes in the shower and then rinse out, no extra heat or anything.

Dark40
September 12th, 2020, 09:19 PM
I've used this stuff before too, and I always use it as a deep conditioner as well. I leave in for just 5 minutes in the shower then rinse it out. I try not to use it too often though. Because, one of the ingredients in it is protein, and you don't want to get a protein overload. If you get a protein overload it can cause breakage or damage. I only use it once or twice a month.

esmeralda80
September 12th, 2020, 10:01 PM
Thank you, ladies - it sounds like it’s very easy to use!

Bat
September 12th, 2020, 10:29 PM
I use the clarifying shampoo it's really great for my hair

esmeralda80
September 22nd, 2020, 12:23 PM
Update - am amazed at how well this product worked after just one use - my hair is so full, shiny and bouncy (compared to how it normally is anyway.) has anyone had luck with any of the other Joico products? Is their cuticle sealer worth trying? Thanks!

Dark40
September 23rd, 2020, 03:47 PM
esmeralda80, That's great that the product worked well for you after one use. That's the same thing that happened to me when I first tried it out many years ago. I love their products! I've never heard or nor seen their cuticle sealer product before. I will definitely have to check it out! But I have a lot of Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Conditioner and daily conditioner in my stash to use up! Thanks for the update!

Jo Ann
September 24th, 2020, 01:05 AM
Update - am amazed at how well this product worked after just one use - my hair is so full, shiny and bouncy (compared to how it normally is anyway.) has anyone had luck with any of the other Joico products? Is their cuticle sealer worth trying? Thanks!

If your hair's on the dry side, I would recommend the moisture recovery shampoo and conditioner :)

Dark40
September 24th, 2020, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I agree with Jo Ann. If your hair is more like on the dry side I would recommend the moisture recovery shampoo and conditioner too :)

esmeralda80
September 24th, 2020, 09:26 AM
Thank you both - my hair is very dry right now, so I will give the shampoo and conditioner a try!

Dark40
September 26th, 2020, 10:47 AM
You're welcome - Keep us updated on how the shampoo and conditioner worked for you!

esmeralda80
September 26th, 2020, 12:37 PM
You're welcome - Keep us updated on how the shampoo and conditioner worked for you!

Will do! It seems I have the option of getting this conditioner or the Joico Intense Hydrator. Which do you think would be better for extremely dry hair?

Thanks again!

Jo Ann
September 26th, 2020, 11:18 PM
I've had good luck with the Intense Hydrator, too :)

Bat
September 28th, 2020, 12:00 AM
I bought some myself I love my clarifying stuff so will try this too

Dark40
September 28th, 2020, 08:26 PM
Will do! It seems I have the option of getting this conditioner or the Joico Intense Hydrator. Which do you think would be better for extremely dry hair?

Thanks again!

Ok! I think the Joico Intense Hydrator would be better for extremely dry hair! Since it sounds like your hair is terrible need of moisture. You're welcome again!