PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried Dudley’s DRC 28 protein treatment?

esmeralda80
September 11th, 2020, 12:13 PM
I am due for a hard protein treatment and usually use Aphogee2 step. I came across this DRC product and it seems like it would be easier to use - does anyone have any experience with it?

thanks!

lapushka
September 11th, 2020, 02:53 PM
I am due for a hard protein treatment and usually use Aphogee2 step. I came across this DRC product and it seems like it would be easier to use - does anyone have any experience with it?

thanks!

I have never heard of this. Where in the world are you, and where do you get it from? :?:

esmeralda80
September 11th, 2020, 03:35 PM
I have never heard of this. Where in the world are you, and where do you get it from? :?:

I’m in the US but saw it on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Dudleys-Hair-Treatment-Fortifier-Ounce/dp/B002UEKP5Y/ref=nodl_

Apparently, it’s used when Aphogee 2 step isn’t strong enough, but I’d just get it because it’s easier to use. I have a soft hat hair dryer and I’d like to be able to use that with a shower cap instead of holding a blow dryer for half an hour plus!

lapushka
September 11th, 2020, 04:02 PM
I’m in the US but saw it on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Dudleys-Hair-Treatment-Fortifier-Ounce/dp/B002UEKP5Y/ref=nodl_

Apparently, it’s used when Aphogee 2 step isn’t strong enough, but I’d just get it because it’s easier to use. I have a soft hat hair dryer and I’d like to be able to use that with a shower cap instead of holding a blow dryer for half an hour plus!

Why not get the one step from Aphogee, much easier, and less chance of disasters happening, because there is such a thing as too much protein! And the balance is quickly shifted.

esmeralda80
September 11th, 2020, 04:23 PM
Why not get the one step from Aphogee, much easier, and less chance of disasters happening, because there is such a thing as too much protein! And the balance is quickly shifted.

the one step they have (Keratin 2 minute) is a great product and I use it in between two step treatments - but after about 6 weeks my hair starts breaking and getting weird kinks and I need to use something stronger (I had a recent hairtastrophe - my hair is not normally this fragile!)

Ive tried olaplex as well and find the results to be inconsistent. I ordered the joico kpak and maybe this will enable me to go longer between 2 step treatments, but right now I need to stop the breakage in its tracks and this works for me.

If I’m ever brave enough to use the Dudley product, I’ll report back !

lapushka
September 11th, 2020, 04:27 PM
the one step they have (Keratin 2 minute) is a great product and I use it in between two step treatments - but after about 6 weeks my hair starts breaking and getting weird kinks and I need to use something stronger (I had a recent hairtastrophe - my hair is not normally this fragile!)

Ive tried olaplex as well and find the results to be inconsistent. I ordered the joico kpak and maybe this will enable me to go longer between 2 step treatments, but right now I need to stop the breakage in its tracks and this works for me.

If I’m ever brave enough to use the Dudley product, I’ll report back !

Any chance you use heat on your hair (straightener/curler)? Could that explain the breakage? Because normally all virgin hair is good enough that it can use regular balanced products and doesn't need a lot of protein like the amounts you are using.