PDA

View Full Version : the longest hair I ever did see *pics*

jojo
November 11th, 2008, 06:45 PM
OMG! i just found these photos they are of some most beautiful hair, I had to share them with you guys.

Hope I am ok putting the link on, mods delete if i am breaking any rules here:)
http://photowebs.blogspot.com/2006/11/women-with-long-hair.html

susiemw
November 11th, 2008, 06:54 PM
That is what I call LONGGGGGG hair!!

those are great, thanks for posting.

jojo
November 11th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Aint they just I was seriously like:agape::agape::agape::agape::agape: looking at them. I wonder how long it took them to get that long? serious hair for sure

Friesiangirl
November 11th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Some of the comments are sad though, but, to each their own. I love long hair, and that is why I am here.

Hayley

spidermom
November 11th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Pretty amazing and too much of a good thing for me personally, although who knows what tomorrow may bring. The desire for terminal length hair, perhaps?

jojo
November 11th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Bit too much for me too but I do admire the patience and dedication that went in to growing such lengths and it all looked so healthy. As for the comments I don't read them, each to there own all together now;
" we are not here to colour their world!!"

ETA- I do have a crazy curiosity to see what terminal length would be on me, but I doubt mine would grow that long anyway, and I thought apl to bsl was difficult!

Robbi Dehlinger
November 11th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I recognize at least three of those ladies, because two of them used to be at TLHS

The one lady is named Katrin and she is russian.

The lady who is looking down at her hair with the bannister behind here, also in the red skirt, is named Barbara.

I think that the other one is DYQ who has a yahoo group:)

jojo
November 11th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Cool do you know how many years it took them?

Robbi Dehlinger
November 11th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Darn, not really? I think Barbara's took about 8 or 9 years, Katrin I only know by pictures. DYQ's is some amazing length like 14 feet, and I do not think she has had her hair cut since she was about 10 or something? (I think she is in her 40's now?)

rapunzhell13
November 11th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Some of the comments are sad though, but, to each their own. I love long hair, and that is why I am here.

Hayley

I don't bother reading them anymore. It seems some people have nothing better to do than post nasty comments and why bother reading such crap? ;) Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I feel that there are people who abuse that right by insulting others for seemingly no reason at all except their own twisted satisfaction. People can be so bizarre sometimes...

Friesiangirl
November 11th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I don't bother reading them anymore. It seems some people have nothing better to do than post nasty comments and why bother reading such crap? ;) Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I feel that there are people who abuse that right by insulting others for seemingly no reason at all except their own twisted satisfaction. People can be so bizarre sometimes...

What is funny to one may be totally innapropriate to another :o

Hayley

kwaniesiam
November 11th, 2008, 07:37 PM
:thud: AMAZING pictures, thanks for sharing! Some inspiration outside of LHC is always welcome ;)

EdG
November 11th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I'm pretty sure the second to the last lady is DYQ. She was our guest of honor at the LHC meet last September. (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=12540&p=276773)

We all seemed like short-hairs standing next to DYQ. :D
Ed

Robbi Dehlinger
November 11th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Ed:

I can see why:)

But yours is pretty close to thew second longest there?

EdG
November 11th, 2008, 08:06 PM
But yours is pretty close to thew second longest there?I'm more like the fifth longest in that crowd. Talk about standing among giants. :D

We had a great time at that meet. :cheese:
Ed

Vitalai
November 11th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Wooooow! That is amazing.

I personally can't imagine having that long of hair, but I admire these ladies.

Robbi Dehlinger
November 11th, 2008, 08:25 PM
I can imagine it, just don' know if I will ever get it??

CaityBear
November 11th, 2008, 08:26 PM
That is ... amazingly long hair! lol I remember when I was bored once I Google Imaged long hair and came up with many pictures like that.

Robbi Dehlinger
November 11th, 2008, 08:36 PM
CaityBear: If you hang out here, you find that it is more common than you ever imagined:) Lots of super longies and super longie wannabees...(LIKE ME!)

feralnature
November 11th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for posting the pics. I'm always inspired by long hair like that. What dedication!

sahiba
November 11th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Wow :agape:, what gorgeous hair. But I can't imagine what it would be like having them. I mean the way I keep admiring my 'almost nothing' hair while combing, if I had hair of the lady whose hair is sweeping the floor ( its a compliment :eek:) ,by the time I am through making a braid, it would be time to braid again for next morning :)

AnneAdeline
November 11th, 2008, 09:41 PM
:thud: I had no idea hair could grow that long!

Ryanne
November 11th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Amazing pictures!

Magicknthenight
November 12th, 2008, 12:08 AM
I've seen a couple of those pictures before. I think its amazing. I wonder what kind of up-dos they wear?!
I would love to have ankle length hair. Its a longggggg term goal if i can make it. But I'll be happy at knee. At the moment...hip length would be nice ;). I wonder when its longer then they are tall how they brush it and braid it. Maybe they braid some..wrap it around their arm or something and then braid some more? Anyways. Truly amazing!

ETA: o0o0o or how much conditioner they use? Maybe they are NW/SO?

Miyani
November 12th, 2008, 12:13 AM
These pics are gorgeous! I couldn't imagine having hair that long but I wonder how long it took them and what did they use? It blows my socks off lol.

VikingJarl
November 12th, 2008, 12:14 AM
That is some extreme hair! Not sure I could handle mine that length, but respect to those that have. That shows some real dedication:eek::cheese:

Krifantasy
November 12th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Those are beautiful pics! Thanks for posting them. I am hoping to get to terminal eventually, but am trying to keep shorter term goals so I am headed to waist now.

An updo with all that hair must weigh a lot. I wonder what they would have to do to balance it all comfortably.

Patrycja
November 12th, 2008, 07:10 AM
Thank you so much for posting those.I needed some inspiration and thats inspirations at its finest! Our very own Dianyla and Lady Godiva needed to be part of that little photo thingy.

jojo
November 12th, 2008, 09:43 AM
I totally agree Patrycja they are certainly in my top 10 of beautiful lengths

Copasetic
November 12th, 2008, 10:45 AM
the picture that is third from the bottom blows my mind. talk about dedication. she must have been growing her hair since she was a child.

RocketDog
November 12th, 2008, 11:50 AM
now there's some inspiration! :D

Periwinkle
November 12th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Wow...that's stunning!

*bookmarks for longhair inspiration*

nimeera
November 12th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I love it! I especially love the one with the two long braids. It's a cute pose to show them off.

Akiko
November 12th, 2008, 12:27 PM
That is amazing. I don't know how they take care of their hair. I have no such patience.

I got curious and googled who has the longest hair in the world. Here it is. (http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records/human_body/extreme_bodies/longest_hair.aspx) 5.627 meters!!!!:thud:

Aisha25
November 12th, 2008, 12:31 PM
That is amazing. I don't know how they take care of their hair. I have no such patience.

I got curious and googled who has the longest hair in the world. Here it is. (http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/records/human_body/extreme_bodies/longest_hair.aspx) 5.627 meters!!!!:thud:
Wow and she is so beautiful her hair is amazing!!

Dreamernz
November 12th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Lol all i can say is WOW! that comment on genetics is disheartening if true, though i have to say i think any women (or man) who has the dedication and knows how to treat their hair can reach it! it was great seeing the first lady to motivate me as her hair type is similiar to mine......maybe there is hope :D

Beatnik Guy
November 12th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I recognize at least three of those ladies, because two of them used to be at TLHS
4th one looks like Ankika. Did you forget her, Robbi? :wink:

Fantak
November 12th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Lol all i can say is WOW! that comment on genetics is disheartening if true, though i have to say i think any women (or man) who has the dedication and knows how to treat their hair can reach it! it was great seeing the first lady to motivate me as her hair type is similiar to mine......maybe there is hope :D

I think genetics is used as an excuse by ppl who have given up :p I know I used to blame genetics for my hair being so short (waist length is 'short' here) and for my fairy tale ends :o. The good news is since I've been taking care of it and making sure I was eating right (proteins fresh fruit and veggies etc) it's been doing great :D I'm sure it'll only get better and better with the hair oillings and other stuff I'm doing now ^.^

Robbi Dehlinger
November 12th, 2008, 08:41 PM
4th one looks like Ankika. Did you forget her, Robbi? :wink:

Hi!

Not sure about Anika, but the one standing by the fence in the denim shorts is a German girl named Sabine. She has another piccy of her sitting on a large boulder and her hair touches the ground! *swoon*

~GypsyCurls~
November 12th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Definitely inspirational...

Robbi Dehlinger
November 12th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Yes it is!

Raven69
November 13th, 2008, 02:28 PM
Here's some more...two are old pictures of women in history with long hair...I am sure some of you might have already seen some of these...please don't state that you have!

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/1758/longhairsm8smallha7.jpghttp://img409.imageshack.us/img409/6130/20080813longhair3smallkr5.jpghttp://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6717/longhairedwomensmallza0.jpghttp://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1395/sutherlandsisterslongharm3.jpg

missbexy
November 13th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Just wow, beautiful

Tressie
November 13th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Gosh! That's some really looong hair! (o:
Every since joining LHC I have felt my hair getting shorter and shorter in my own eyes, and after looking at those Jo, I think I have pixie hair! LoL!

Thanks for sharing these inspiring photos of truly long-haired ladies!

Fantak
November 13th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Tressie I just read your post in the email alert and wondered how long your hair was. I clicked the page link thinking it was probably around APL at the longest and oh my surprise! You have gorgeous long hair!!!!! :love:

hippie girl
November 13th, 2008, 11:46 PM
I remember some of these women form TLHS, too.

I always liked that lady Sabine's hair. I think this is a cool picture of her:

http://www.hairphoto.de/images/000903.jpg

I liked TLHS. I think about it every once in a while and was sorry to see it go. I remember there being some convenient links on there, and it was interesting to read the bios that they posted about the featured ladies.

Robbi Dehlinger
November 14th, 2008, 12:34 AM
I remember some of these women form TLHS, too.

I always liked that lady Sabine's hair. I think this is a cool picture of her:

http://www.hairphoto.de/images/000903.jpg

I liked TLHS. I think about it every once in a while and was sorry to see it go. I remember there being some convenient links on there, and it was interesting to read the bios that they posted about the featured ladies.

Yes that is a lovely picture. The hair and the dress go together:)

TLHS was great, but I like this also. So many kewl people here and good advice:)

Xan
November 14th, 2008, 10:16 PM
That is dream hair but imagine having hair like that yourself? I am not even half way there at 37" and thinking is a little work at this point. But as a long hair lover I will grow till it stops I wouuld be happy with fingertip term if I can make that.

Robbi Dehlinger
November 14th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Me too, but if it drags the floor I will NOT complain!!

I too have a ways to go:)