PDA

View Full Version : Is this so much hair fall?

amiraaah
September 9th, 2020, 06:55 AM
I have never experienced hair fall problems before and i don’t want to stress myself about it. It’s been like 2 months since i started noticing more hair shedding than usual. But the whole corona virus thing and my exams Also prevented me from seeing a doctor.
so this is the amount i shed when i shower. I don’t brush my hair except after the shower and i shower about every 4 Days https://i.postimg.cc/SsrHF3xX/58-DFD780-D1-A8-4-AC6-B2-BB-15272853-F63-F.jpg (https://postimg.cc/VrJKX7M1)

lapushka
September 9th, 2020, 07:19 AM
That's about what you can expect, especially now in fall, if it's more than you normally get. It isn't even half of what I lose after about 7 days, so it's OK, I think.

Nothing to worry about! :thumbsup:

sipnsun
September 9th, 2020, 07:45 AM
Yep, completely normal especially this time of year. I think we shed between 50-100 hairs per day and it's common to lose more hair in the fall than any other time of year. There are several articles about it if you do a google search which are interesting.

luluj
September 9th, 2020, 08:30 AM
Same for me, typical Fall shed. I am seeing much more shed hair at the moment, but I now know that this normal for me this time of the year.

Dark40
September 9th, 2020, 07:56 PM
That's my normal hair fall as well. Especially, for this time of year, and I wash my hair 3 times a week in the shower, and I usually don't lose that much hair every 2 or 3 days. But, I've noticed when I wash my hair less frequently I lose more hair than normal.

shelomit
September 10th, 2020, 07:46 PM
It's great to hear from you again, amiraaah : )

This looks like the heavy side of normal shedding to me. I wouldn't worry about it.

spidermom
September 10th, 2020, 08:39 PM
Yep, my hair is getting it's shed on now, too. If this year goes like previous years, by winter the shedding will have slowed down and my growth will have slowed to almost nothing. Growth increases again in the spring.

shelomit
September 10th, 2020, 09:48 PM
By the way, I should have said--I'm certain you have done/will do great on your exams! Haz sa3eed!!!

ExpectoPatronum
September 10th, 2020, 11:35 PM
Looks normal to me too. It seems like a bunch of us are going through a shed right now. I know I am. It can be alarming at first, but it is normal :flower:

ZoeZ
September 11th, 2020, 07:45 AM
I started shedding in the last couple of weeks, and just out of curiosity, I started taking Biotin four days ago. I can't, of course, tell whether it's purely coincidental, but my shed is less the last two days. For what it's worth. You have very long hair as well, which certainly makes it seem much more than it is. Something I've discovered in the last few months - long hair magnifies all the problems, it seems! :eye: :rolleyes: :D

eadwine
September 11th, 2020, 09:14 AM
Get your vitamins checked out, just in case there is a shortage somewhere. I think that is indeed a lot, worth checking with your doctor first before following all kinds of advice people here give you. Good luck!

Oh.. if you do take multivitamins already: quit those for two months before taking the test, since it can give false "all good" results.

Bri-Chan
September 11th, 2020, 11:05 AM
amiraaah, I think it depends also by how much do you usual shed. Yes, people usually shed about 100 strands everyday, but everyone is different. Also if all of us are shedding more in this weeks, how is this compared to some months ago, before shedding?
Can you be sure to be ok with your vitamins and iron? If the answer is yes, this should just be seasonal shedding.

lapushka
September 11th, 2020, 11:39 AM
I started shedding in the last couple of weeks, and just out of curiosity, I started taking Biotin four days ago. I can't, of course, tell whether it's purely coincidental, but my shed is less the last two days. For what it's worth. You have very long hair as well, which certainly makes it seem much more than it is. Something I've discovered in the last few months - long hair magnifies all the problems, it seems! :eye: :rolleyes: :D

Just watch how much Biotin you are taking, because it can mess up blood test results if taken in high doses, and that can be important! My regular multivitamin has just a little, not even *close* to the dosages they "dare" sell out there (especially in the US, have never seen this sort of thing here where I live).

Finda
September 11th, 2020, 02:09 PM
If I would collect all the hair I loose within four days and I would include a wash I had such an amount of hair, too. I also noticed phases of increased hairloss without it ever having an effect on my ponytail circumference. The longest was two months. But this is highly individual it seems. You could collect the hair you lose dayly and put it in seperate envelops, so you can compare the amount without having to count every hair. Or you could measure your ponytail circumference in certain intervals and see whether there's a difference. I never do that because I don't want to stress over it. If I'd notice having less hair on my head, I would definitly go see a doctor.

ZoeZ
September 11th, 2020, 06:30 PM
Thanks lapushka - I am careful, and aware that Biotin can skew tests - in fact, I found that out here on LHC - it may have been you that pointed that out to me previously in relation to a thyroid problem I had posted about. :)

I'm not much for taking supplements regularly, I rely on my foods to do that - I was just curious as to whether it might work. I will eventually discontinue it, even if only because I'll eventually forget to take it :).

amiraaah
September 12th, 2020, 02:09 PM
Thank you everybody for responding! I just want to share that this isn’t my hair fall in the shower i shed like less than quarter of that in the shower itself. But When i detangle my hair after washing it i get a lot of tangles like a ton of tangles on the nape of my neck and the top of my head. I have to brush my hair when wet because it’s curly so that’s how much hair i get when i do so even when i detangle gently. I am just confused about why is this happening now! I never get tangles before My hair was always frizzy but tangle free. I wasn’t even using conditioners before because my hair was that tangle free. What do you think is happening

Bonsai
September 12th, 2020, 02:19 PM
Amiraaah longest... sweet longest :D.

If you use any bag or something what can rub your hair it can be problem. I have horrible problem with hair on my neck if I use backpack!

Amy-Lee
October 1st, 2020, 05:29 AM
Normal shedding is from 50-100. Some less than 50.. some more than 100. It depends on the person, stress, illness, scalp residue, etc. Once your stress is under control, your shedding amount should decrease as well. :o