PDA

View Full Version : Straighteners and long hair

zemlan
September 7th, 2020, 04:45 AM
How long is your hair and how often do you use your straighteners?
And do you do anything other to your hair like coloring?

victor_tinyduck
September 7th, 2020, 08:00 AM
Hi!

My hair is almost to tailbone, and I never straighten is, but I do color parts of it.

Bri-Chan
September 7th, 2020, 08:21 AM
My hair is hip length, almost bcl when stretched. I use my straightener for special and formal occasions only. Like, weddings or something similar. Usually 2-3 times a year.
I used to color and bleach my hair for all my life, now I'm letting my natural hair grow.

Belgrade Beauty
September 7th, 2020, 01:07 PM
I haven't used it since it was bsl,and now it's hip...I wonder sometimes how it would look straightened but then, I remember it's not worth the damage.

lapushka
September 7th, 2020, 03:11 PM

Straighteners? What straighteners?! LOL! :lol: ;)

Welcome to the forum, BTW! :D

SleepyTangles
September 7th, 2020, 03:55 PM
I never straighten nor heath-curl my hair, but I do bleach it (tough, not all of it and not very often).

Dark40
September 7th, 2020, 04:04 PM

My hair is waist length, and I use a straightener on it once a week. I also relax and color my hair as well but at during times in the month. Like, one week I will relax. Then, the next 2 weeks I will color.

MusicalSpoons
September 7th, 2020, 04:47 PM
Calf-length

Never (don't own any)

Nope.

You're in the wrong place if you assume we all own straighteners :p but anyway, welcome to posting here :)

Entangled
September 7th, 2020, 06:53 PM
Knee length, don’t straighten anymore. I used to before I chopped my hair back to a bob and haven’t since then. I’m too chicken to dye and I wouldn’t be able to take the upkeep, anyways.

Rowdy
September 7th, 2020, 08:50 PM
Hip + right now and I flat iron my hair about once a month. I don't bleach or color at all.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 8th, 2020, 02:26 AM
My hair is calf length and I don't own a hair straightener. It would just massacre my hair. I am growing out dye though.

TatsuOni
September 8th, 2020, 02:31 AM
Welcome! :)

My hair is closing in on knee and I don't own a straightener. But I do dye my hair with henna and indigo :)

illicitlizard
September 8th, 2020, 02:32 AM
Hello and welcome!
I own a straightener, hair is nearing BSL, and have used it twice since Jan 2018 haha. Once to curl once I finally got some length in late 2018, once a few months back to straighten. It's definitely not a common occurence... Heat is a no go for my hair to stay healthy.

TechnoAngel
September 8th, 2020, 05:09 AM
My hair is almost at BSL and I haven't touched my straightener in years. Sometimes I use a blowdryer to make my hair straight, that works much better for me.

CuteCrow
September 8th, 2020, 07:12 AM
You're in the wrong place if you assume we all own straighteners :p but anyway, welcome to posting here :)

I was about to say that. Most people here (and outside in general) encourage you to ditch heat stylers if you want to grow long healthy hair.

Answering the question, I don't have long hair, I have shoulder length hair but I don't use straighteners and don't plan to use one in the future

shelomit
September 8th, 2020, 08:36 AM
I have never owned a straightener and wouldn't even know how to use one ; P To get my hair straighter, I dry it wrapped up in a non-twisted bun. I apply henna about every four or six months, though my hair is naturally pretty dark. I do it primarily for the conditioning and for cultural reasons, rather than for color.

Shorty89
September 8th, 2020, 09:59 AM
I have a straightener but I only use it occasionally for my bangs. My hair is too fine/fragile to handle any heat straightening on the length. I do dye with henna though.